Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NIU vs UI season tickets
Bookmark and Share
randyfensfanclub1 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU
NIU vs UI season tickets
Here a link to Illinois football tickets.

http://ev11.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce...98a3cb0980

Basically, their cheapest seats run $77 in the horseshoe for 6 games.
Their upper balcony seats on the east side are $125-$150.

They play 6 home games, starting w/Kent St on a Friday, and WIU and MTS in the pre-season. The conf schedule is Nebraska, Wisconsin and OSU. It really doesn't get any bigger than those 3.

Ask yourself which is more appealing based on schedule and price alone? The fact that a BIG10 team has to sell tickets this cheap to get people says a lot. Now throw on top of that UW will have at least 50k likely, Nebraska will probably sell out OSU will sellout since a person can by they entire season ticket for the same, even less than that of a single OSU game! Each team will bring anywhere from 10k-20k to the game.

NIU is doing what they can to bring people in. I think NIU is trying similar things to UI. Just makes you think where NIU would be if they didn't win. Is UI student support better than UI? Is their fan base shrinking while NIU is getting bigger? Which program sells itself? Who goes to the games and why. btw, another link states that tickets to the NW/UI game at SF will be priced from 30-80 dollars. When you think of the need and gamble to move this game to SF, they still perceived attendance issues and need to lower tickets to this level.

The answers aren't simple and as simple as inviting yourself to the B12. As a fan, donor, alumnus you can only do so much and trust those in charge. You can only do so much as a fan by donations, buying tickets and spreading the word.

But most importantly wherever you are, enjoy the moment, the success and let the decision making be made but those in charge.

And just be glad UI isn't you favorite team.
03-24-2015 10:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
RE: NIU vs UI season tickets
(03-24-2015 10:58 AM)randyfensfanclub1 Wrote:  Here a link to Illinois football tickets.

http://ev11.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce...98a3cb0980

Basically, their cheapest seats run $77 in the horseshoe for 6 games.
Their upper balcony seats on the east side are $125-$150.

They play 6 home games, starting w/Kent St on a Friday, and WIU and MTS in the pre-season. The conf schedule is Nebraska, Wisconsin and OSU. It really doesn't get any bigger than those 3.

Ask yourself which is more appealing based on schedule and price alone? The fact that a BIG10 team has to sell tickets this cheap to get people says a lot. Now throw on top of that UW will have at least 50k likely, Nebraska will probably sell out OSU will sellout since a person can by they entire season ticket for the same, even less than that of a single OSU game! Each team will bring anywhere from 10k-20k to the game.

NIU is doing what they can to bring people in. I think NIU is trying similar things to UI. Just makes you think where NIU would be if they didn't win. Is UI student support better than UI? Is their fan base shrinking while NIU is getting bigger? Which program sells itself? Who goes to the games and why. btw, another link states that tickets to the NW/UI game at SF will be priced from 30-80 dollars. When you think of the need and gamble to move this game to SF, they still perceived attendance issues and need to lower tickets to this level.

The answers aren't simple and as simple as inviting yourself to the B12. As a fan, donor, alumnus you can only do so much and trust those in charge. You can only do so much as a fan by donations, buying tickets and spreading the word.

But most importantly wherever you are, enjoy the moment, the success and let the decision making be made but those in charge.

And just be glad UI isn't you favorite team.

At 77 bucks its a rip, honestly, shouldn't they be paying people to see that product right now, you cant get any lower than Illinois football right now
03-24-2015 12:00 PM
uiniu57 Offline
All American

I Root For: Amanda Sauer
(03-24-2015 12:00 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  At 77 bucks its a rip, honestly, shouldn't they be paying people to see that product right now, you cant get any lower than Illinois football right now

Technically, both Indiana (3-9 overall / 1-7 B1G) and Purdue (3-9 / 1-7) were worse than Illinois (6-7 / 3-5).
Never have been an ILL-ness fan, but if they stumble into the right hire or get another Z(cr)ook, and can bring themselves to stop scheduling FCS teams for wins, their fans could potentially return. No offense MD, but what's frustrating is that even as pathetic as they are, they're still averaging more (38,605) than we do (13,544).
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2015 12:56 PM by uiniu57.)
03-24-2015 12:52 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
(03-24-2015 12:52 PM)uiniu57 Wrote:  
(03-24-2015 12:00 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  At 77 bucks its a rip, honestly, shouldn't they be paying people to see that product right now, you cant get any lower than Illinois football right now

Technically, both Indiana (3-9 overall / 1-7 B1G) and Purdue (3-9 / 1-7) were worse than Illinois (6-7 / 3-5).
Never have been an ILL-ness fan, but if they stumble into the right hire or get another Z(cr)ook, and can bring themselves to stop scheduling FCS teams for wins, their fans could potentially return. No offense MD, but what's frustrating is that even as pathetic as they are, they're still averaging more (38,605) than we do (13,544).

All I can say is that our average attendance is incredibly embarrassing.

I'm hoping that we have decent weather this year. Last year was simply awful as a whole. We don't have enough rabid fans who will come out in a driving rainstorm or frigid cold. While we can't control the weather, we can ask MD and the other weather gods to deal us a good hand this year.
03-24-2015 01:01 PM
Advertisement

randyfensfanclub1 Offline
All American

Never have been an ILL-ness fan, but if they stumble into the right hire or get another Z(cr)ook, and can bring themselves to stop scheduling FCS teams for wins, their fans could potentially return. No offense MD, but what's frustrating is that even as pathetic as they are, they're still averaging more (41,549) than we do (13,544).

They may be one of the worst P5, and are at a "low" point, but there are worse, namely outside of B10, P5.

41k VS 13K is exactly my point. There are reasons, opinions, fantasy and everything in between. I know plenty of alumni from both who were there in 80's Rose Bowl years and do nothing but bad mouth the team. But they have also been to about 5 games in almost 30 years, which include Sugar Bowl and when Bears played there. Likewise I went to NIU with many who weren't among the 1000 (sometimes less)-2000 students in attendance from 88-94 seasons. Almost none even went to a game, and a group of about 4 of us follow them, travel to bigger games when possible. I emailed about 10 of them donation info and 1 looked into it. They could care less. They talk a good game when NIU wins but between couldn't tell you a thing other than Jordan Lynch and have likely never even set foot at NIU again. So who does each need to reach to? Who does go to these games for either school and why? It's far more complicated than "win" and/or "change conference, depending on the team.

Or is it that easy?

But as stated before, just enjoy the ride and success.
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2015 01:07 PM by randyfensfanclub1.)
03-24-2015 01:06 PM
Stay Cool Offline
The Masked Moderator

I Root For: NIU, tOSU, UC
(03-24-2015 01:06 PM)randyfensfanclub1 Wrote:  

Never have been an ILL-ness fan, but if they stumble into the right hire or get another Z(cr)ook, and can bring themselves to stop scheduling FCS teams for wins, their fans could potentially return. No offense MD, but what's frustrating is that even as pathetic as they are, they're still averaging more (41,549) than we do (13,544).

They may be one of the worst P5, and are at a "low" point, but there are worse, namely outside of B10, P5.

41k VS 13K is exactly my point. There are reasons, opinions, fantasy and everything in between. I know plenty of alumni from both who were there in 80's Rose Bowl years and do nothing but bad mouth the team. But they have also been to about 5 games in almost 30 years, which include Sugar Bowl and when Bears played there. Likewise I went to NIU with many who weren't among the 1000 (sometimes less)-2000 students in attendance from 88-94 seasons. Almost none even went to a game, and a group of about 4 of us follow them, travel to bigger games when possible. I emailed about 10 of them donation info and 1 looked into it. They could care less. They talk a good game when NIU wins but between couldn't tell you a thing other than Jordan Lynch and have likely never even set foot at NIU again. So who does each need to reach to? Who does go to these games for either school and why? It's far more complicated than "win" and/or "change conference, depending on the team.

Or is it that easy?

The argument remains valid though that people will be more excited to watch our Huskies play UCF/Houston/Navy/etc over kent st/emu/etc
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2015 01:18 PM by Stay Cool.)
03-24-2015 01:17 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators

Or is it that easy?

This is the heart of the matter, and we mentioned this before. There is little pride or "ownership" in the school. The attitude for the most part is put in my 4 years, get the hell out, and don't look back. I have seen this, too, among alums who never came back and sent their kids to Big 10 schools. There is very little sense of pride in and love for their alma mater. Attachment of alumni to their alma mater is something that the entire university will need to address. And, they need to do that while the kids are still in school. Unfortunately, the image of the school will need to change, and that is a much bigger task. Obviously, increased attachment of alums to their alma mater will mean coming back to campus more and donating more. Tough job, however.
03-24-2015 01:24 PM
Advertisement

Stay Cool Offline
The Masked Moderator

(03-24-2015 01:24 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  

Or is it that easy?

This is the heart of the matter, and we mentioned this before. There is little pride or "ownership" in the school. The attitude for the most part is put in my 4 years, get the hell out, and don't look back. I have seen this, too, among alums who never came back and sent their kids to Big 10 schools. There is very little sense of pride in and love for their alma mater. Attachment of alumni to their alma mater is something that the entire university will need to address. And, they need to do that while the kids are still in school. Unfortunately, the image of the school will need to change, and that is a much bigger task. Obviously, increased attachment of alums to their alma mater will mean coming back to campus more and donating more. Tough job, however.
A large number or kids in my undergrad program saw NIU as "the best community college with a reputable university name"...

Sorta like "well i can go to ECC or COD, but those dont look good on a resume. HEY NIU ISNT HARD TO GET INTO ILL JUST GO THERE"

It's really kinda sobering... and depressing
03-24-2015 01:35 PM
uiniu57 Offline
All American

I Root For: Amanda Sauer
(03-24-2015 01:17 PM)Stay Cool Wrote:  The argument remains valid though that people will be more excited to watch our Huskies play UCF/Houston/Navy/etc over kent st/emu/etc

Sorry, but this isn't true. You do realize UCF and Navy have played at Huskie Stadium and neither drew anything exceptional ala Maryland, Iowa State, Toledo. Why would Houston be an exciting opponent? Hesitate to agree with MD, but AAC, C-USA, MWC schools are not likely to bring significant fans to DeKalb and beyond the first time being a new opponent, none are likely to energize our fans.
Not disputing you on Kent State, EMU or other MAC foes not exciting our fans, however, as randyfensfanclub1 so accurately stated, "It's far more complicated than "win" and/or "change conference." Attendance shouldn't be that dependent on the opponent! Somehow we need to win back the (DeKalb/Sycamore) locals who provided a base, do a better job tapping into the near suburbs (Aurora/Naperville) to the east, Rockford to the north, and counties to the west and south of us on how close they are to Division I football/tailgating/etc.
03-24-2015 01:52 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(03-24-2015 01:35 PM)Stay Cool Wrote:  

Or is it that easy?

A large number or kids in my undergrad program saw NIU as "the best community college with a reputable university name"...

Sorta like "well i can go to ECC or COD, but those dont look good on a resume. HEY NIU ISNT HARD TO GET INTO ILL JUST GO THERE"

Don't believe the propaganda Stay Cool, no reason to be ashamed of NIU. Those who say otherwise are simply afraid of NIU
03-24-2015 02:30 PM
Advertisement

Stay Cool Offline
The Masked Moderator

(03-24-2015 02:30 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  
(03-24-2015 12:52 PM)uiniu57 Wrote:  Technically, both Indiana (3-9 overall / 1-7 B1G) and Purdue (3-9 / 1-7) were worse than Illinois (6-7 / 3-5).

Or is it that easy?

Don't believe the propaganda Stay Cool, no reason to be ashamed of NIU. Those who say otherwise are simply afraid of NIU
I'm not ashamed at all. I'm a proud Huskie sports fanatic. Even converted my Illini alumni fan to support the Huskies
03-24-2015 02:59 PM
Stay Cool Offline
The Masked Moderator

(03-24-2015 12:52 PM)uiniu57 Wrote:  Technically, both Indiana (3-9 overall / 1-7 B1G) and Purdue (3-9 / 1-7) were worse than Illinois (6-7 / 3-5).

Or is it that easy?

Also, what you're saying is... [Image: d9736829f80f80f76648e30a9bc268a4.jpg]
03-24-2015 03:32 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(03-24-2015 03:32 PM)Stay Cool Wrote:  
(03-24-2015 01:06 PM)randyfensfanclub1 Wrote:  They may be one of the worst P5, and are at a "low" point, but there are worse, namely outside of B10, P5.

Or is it that easy?

Also, what you're saying is... [Image: d9736829f80f80f76648e30a9bc268a4.jpg]

Yep, do you know how maddening it must be to be 2nd or maybe 3rd if you put Northwestern ahead of Illinois for football program ranking in the state. It must be very frustrating and I can understand them venting.
03-24-2015 03:35 PM
Advertisement

Huskie_Jon Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Huskies
This is like comparing apples to oranges.

Of course, NIU would have to be the apples and U of I, the oranges.
03-25-2015 08:42 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GOONSQUAD41 Offline
2nd String

(03-24-2015 01:17 PM)Stay Cool Wrote:  

Or is it that easy?

The argument remains valid though that people will be more excited to watch our Huskies play UCF/Houston/Navy/etc over kent st/emu/etc

Nobody cares about Houston,UCF, or Navy. We need OK St, Ok, Texas, TCU, Etc. That will get people to drive out to dekalb and stay the night. Also we need the $$$.
03-25-2015 08:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.