Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

"serial" podcast
Bookmark and Share
NCeagle Offline
NOT BANNED

I Root For: Ga Southern
"serial" podcast
Has anybody listened to this? It came out last year, but I just got done listening to it.

For those who haven't, this is a great way to kill time during the morning and afternoon commute.

It is about a murder in 1999 in Baltimore, in which a girl's ex boyfriend was sentenced to life in prison for strangling her. However, there is no physical evidence he committed the crime, and only one witness who says he saw the girls dead body and helped the convicted kid bury her. However, his story jumps around quite a bit.

It really is a fascinating story, and makes you wonder what really happened.

If you have listened to it, I'm curious what your thoughts are.
03-23-2015 02:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Pounce FTW Offline
All American

I Root For: GSU - MU - AU
RE: "serial" podcast
(03-23-2015 02:10 PM)NCeagle Wrote:  Has anybody listened to this? It came out last year, but I just got done listening to it.

For those who haven't, this is a great way to kill time during the morning and afternoon commute.

It is about a murder in 1999 in Baltimore, in which a girl's ex boyfriend was sentenced to life in prison for strangling her. However, there is no physical evidence he committed the crime, and only one witness who says he saw the girls dead body and helped the convicted kid bury her. However, his story jumps around quite a bit.

This is a podcast called "Serial?" And it's a true story, I assume? (Sorry, these questions are coming from someone who literally listens to old Flash Gordon radio serials on his iPod...)
03-24-2015 11:32 AM
NCeagle Offline
NOT BANNED

(03-24-2015 11:32 AM)Pounce FTW Wrote:  
(03-23-2015 02:10 PM)NCeagle Wrote:  Has anybody listened to this? It came out last year, but I just got done listening to it.

This is a podcast called "Serial?" And it's a true story, I assume? (Sorry, these questions are coming from someone who literally listens to old Flash Gordon radio serials on his iPod...)

Yes. That is the name of it. And is a true story. The guy that was convicted was actually granted a motion to appeal his conviction claiming his lawyer was not giving him due representation. His appeal is in June.
03-24-2015 03:38 PM
Pounce FTW Offline
All American

I Root For: GSU - MU - AU
I may check it out, then. Thanks!
03-24-2015 06:14 PM
Advertisement

NCeagle Offline
NOT BANNED

(03-24-2015 06:14 PM)Pounce FTW Wrote:  I may check it out, then. Thanks!

it's crazy. it is 12 episodes, about 45 minutes each. I ended up listening to the last 4 episodes at work. After a few episodes you will find yourself thinking "how the f**** did this kid get convicted". And then later on you wonder "I wonder if he did do it?"
03-25-2015 07:25 AM
ButlerGSU Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GA Southern
"serial" podcast
Yes, I loved it. They've reopened his case which is big. I'm still waiting to hear what case Sarah will take on in season two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
03-26-2015 05:02 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NCeagle Offline
NOT BANNED

(03-26-2015 05:02 AM)ButlerGSU Wrote:  Yes, I loved it. They've reopened his case which is big. I'm still waiting to hear what case Sarah will take on in season two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

**if you plan on listening and don't want to know any more facts, don't read below**

well his appeal is in June. But the thing it, it isn't a totally new case. He now has to prove that his lawyer didn't competently represent him. However, I will be interested to see what the DNA testing from the girls body comes up with, if The Freedom Project group can get that done. It would be crazy if at the end of it, the girl really was murdered by the guy mentioned at the end who had gotten let out of prison just a couple weeks before her murder, and had a history of abducting and raping girls.

With that said, if something along that scenario comes up, Jay is basically screwed, because he obviously knew about the murder in some degree, so if a third party that isn't Adnon is involved, Jay obviously played a big part of it. Courts don't look too kindly on perjury.

I can't wait to see how the appeal unfolds.
03-26-2015 11:29 AM
NCeagle Offline
NOT BANNED

not sure if anybody listened to this, but there is going to be a second installment premiering this month. There will be more information revealed, as well as information on his upcoming appeal in June.
04-08-2015 08:33 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.