Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Did I hear this correctly?
Bookmark and Share
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR Trojans
Did I hear this correctly?
Did one of the announcers say that Foley and Blair met when Blair walked in on one of Foley's practices at Tech, and asked if he could watch? That's meant that Blair must have respected what Foley had done at Tech, and thought he could learn something. I would assume that was when Blair was coaching at Arkansas.
03-21-2015 06:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ez272 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Little Rock
RE: Did I hear this correctly?
(03-21-2015 06:30 PM)LRTrojan Wrote:  Did one of the announcers say that Foley and Blair met when Blair walked in on one of Foley's practices at Tech, and asked if he could watch? That's meant that Blair must have respected what Foley had done at Tech, and thought he could learn something. I would assume that was when Blair was coaching at Arkansas.

Do you read the paper?
03-21-2015 06:34 PM
ez272 Offline
1st String

There is a lot of good information in the paper. You should subscribe. If you do, you should read it.
03-21-2015 06:35 PM
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-21-2015 06:35 PM)ez272 Wrote:  There is a lot of good information in the paper. You should subscribe. If you do, you should read it.

Yes I take the paper, but don't recall reading that smart ass. If I had I wouldn't have asked the question.
03-21-2015 06:40 PM
Advertisement

ez272 Offline
1st String

If you can't comprehend what you read in the paper quit bitching about the coverage or lack of UALR coverage. There was a very nice article in the paper today about Foley and Blair. Read it, you will enjoy it.
03-21-2015 06:58 PM
RBL Offline
Heisman

Wow would like for EZ and Trojan to meet at the Jack at half time at talk with the rest of us and you would probably like each other in that venue.
03-21-2015 07:06 PM
PTJR Offline
Heisman

I Root For: LR / UR / CU
(03-21-2015 07:06 PM)RBL Wrote:  Wow would like for EZ and Trojan to meet at the Jack at half time at talk with the rest of us and you would probably like each other in that venue.

But EZ does have a point. LRTrojan complains regularly about what he calls the Democrap and its lack of UALR coverage, then apparently doesn't read the same Democrap when the Trojans get Sports page front page coverage. If he didn't take the ADG like Inside, I would understand not knowing about Little Rock's coverage, but he claims that he does take the paper and doesn't think it affords enough coverage (which I certainly agree with) to the Trojans. Odd.
03-21-2015 07:31 PM
Advertisement

eh9198 Offline
All American

EZ kinda started in on him out of nowhere. Not sure where all this is coming from..?
03-21-2015 07:38 PM
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-21-2015 07:31 PM)PTJR Wrote:  
(03-21-2015 07:06 PM)RBL Wrote:  Wow would like for EZ and Trojan to meet at the Jack at half time at talk with the rest of us and you would probably like each other in that venue.

But EZ does have a point. LRTrojan complains regularly about what he calls the Democrap and its lack of UALR coverage, then apparently doesn't read the same Democrap when the Trojans get Sports page front page coverage. If he didn't take the ADG like Inside, I would understand not knowing about Little Rock's coverage, but he claims that he does take the paper and doesn't think it affords enough coverage (which I certainly agree with) to the Trojans. Odd.

I read the f**king article and evidently missed that. Have any of you f**king geniuses every read something and miss part of it? Probably not.
03-21-2015 07:57 PM
PTJR Offline
Heisman

(03-21-2015 07:57 PM)LRTrojan Wrote:  
(03-21-2015 07:31 PM)PTJR Wrote:  

I read the f**king article and evidently missed that. Have any of you f**king geniuses every read something and miss part of it? Probably not.

Well since it was the central theme of the article.....just sayin'
03-21-2015 08:11 PM
Advertisement

LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-21-2015 08:11 PM)PTJR Wrote:  Well since it was the central theme of the article.....just sayin'

What's the dam big deal about this? I just didn't see it. Are you two the only persons that have never read something and missed something in it?
03-21-2015 08:47 PM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
You asked a legitimate question and instead of just answering it, everyone seemed to want to jump on you. So to answer your question, Blair had obviously heard of what Foley was doing at Tech, drove down to Russellville, had lunch there at the well known burger place, then went over and walked into the gym and asked Foley if he could watch the practice, and from that point, they developed a friendship that has obviously grown over the years. Foley has said that Blair is his best friend.
Very nice article about two seemingly very nice men.
03-21-2015 10:50 PM
PTJR Offline
Heisman

(03-21-2015 10:50 PM)outsideualr Wrote:  You asked a legitimate question and instead of just answering it, everyone seemed to want to jump on you. So to answer your question, Blair had obviously heard of what Foley was doing at Tech, drove down to Russellville, had lunch there at the well known burger place, then went over and walked into the gym and asked Foley if he could watch the practice, and from that point, they developed a friendship that has obviously grown over the years. Foley has said that Blair is his best friend.
Very nice article about two seemingly very nice men.

I think he's read the article now.
03-21-2015 10:51 PM
Advertisement

LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

For the two experts on newspaper reading on this board, I dug yesterdays paper out of the trash can see where I had missed all the news that I evidently had. I read the whole page on the Trojans(I think it was about page 7C)and found nothing about what I had asked about. While doing this, I saw the name Foley mentioned in a column on that page that was continued from page 1. I then went back to page one, and saw the article, over on the side. I had looked at the front page and saw nothing but hog articles top to bottom, so then went inside to look near the back where the Trojan new usually is. The headline on the Foley article never drew my attention, and didn't even notice the two pictures.

So I didn't just miss something in the articles I read, I missed the whole article. That said, I didn't see any reason for the two smart ass answers I got for asking a question. Some one usually doesn't ask a question if they already know the answer.
03-22-2015 04:21 PM
PTJR Offline
Heisman

(03-22-2015 04:21 PM)LRTrojan Wrote:  For the two experts on newspaper reading on this board, I dug yesterdays paper out of the trash can see where I had missed all the news that I evidently had. I read the whole page on the Trojans(I think it was about page 7C)and found nothing about what I had asked about. While doing this, I saw the name Foley mentioned in a column on that page that was continued from page 1. I then went back to page one, and saw the article, over on the side. I had looked at the front page and saw nothing but hog articles top to bottom, so then went inside to look near the back where the Trojan new usually is. The headline on the Foley article never drew my attention, and didn't even notice the two pictures.

So I didn't just miss something in the articles I read, I missed the whole article. That said, I didn't see any reason for the two smart ass answers I got for asking a question. Some one usually doesn't ask a question if they already know the answer.

Sometimes just seeing the reaction is worth being a little smart assed! No harm intended though.
03-22-2015 04:37 PM
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-22-2015 04:37 PM)PTJR Wrote:  Sometimes just seeing the reaction is worth being a little smart assed! No harm intended though.

You were, and it was uncalled for. I asked a simple question and got two smart ass remarks.
03-22-2015 04:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.