RE: UAB vs UCLA
Yes! Me too!!!
GO BLAZERS!!!!!!
03-19-2015 04:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
UAB 1 UCLA 0
03-19-2015 04:31 PM
blazerwkr Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB

BlazerTalk Award
Me to, while they keep saying brackets are already done, mine's not & I can't be happier
03-19-2015 04:31 PM
Blazer85 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB Blazers
CBS Sportsline lists the game time as 6:10PM on Saturday.

Not sure if that could change, nor do I know the TV channel.
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2015 04:54 PM by Blazer85.)
03-19-2015 04:54 PM
Shrack Offline
All American

I figured the South bracket had the biggest chance at a bunch of upsets. EWU and SFA both have good shots imo. I didn't call Georgia St. out of the West though.
03-19-2015 05:12 PM
Advertisement

BlazerGold09 Offline
All American

What I love about this game is it will be a sell out with the Kentucky fans there. You know they are going to be rooting for UAB and the upset! It's going to be nuts and we could go to the Sweet 16!
03-19-2015 06:16 PM
BlazintheATL Offline
All American

We attack the boards and play with the defensive intensity we did today and we will Saturday going away.
03-19-2015 06:29 PM
BlazerGrad88 Offline
All American

(03-19-2015 06:16 PM)BlazerGold09 Wrote:  What I love about this game is it will be a sell out with the Kentucky fans there. You know they are going to be rooting for UAB and the upset! It's going to be nuts and we could go to the Sweet 16!

There were a lot of UK fans at our game today. Most just watched the game without cheering for either team, but of those who did pick a side, ALL of them were cheering for Iowa State. I thought that was interesting.
03-19-2015 07:20 PM
HSV_BLAZER Offline
Heisman

I Root For: #fireraywatts
We've given them a few reasons not to like us.
03-19-2015 07:51 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(03-19-2015 07:51 PM)HSV_BLAZER Wrote:  We've given them a few reasons not to like us.

UAB plays better NCAA games when Kentucky fans are in attendance.
03-19-2015 07:53 PM
Advertisement

Blazer85 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB Blazers
UAB vs UCLA
Wouldn't count on UK fans cheering for us. Then again I don't think UK fans will get too worked up supporting UCLA either.
03-19-2015 09:50 PM
Agent Orange Sauce Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UAB Rifle
OK, first a few thoughts on today's amazing upset...

We grinded out a win. This is the best sign of all...We fell in an early 10-pt hole against a team that scores a lot of points and we came back and tied it at 19-19...the scouting report on UAB was get ahead early and we overcame that...our young players all had their moments of panic but they delivered in crunch time...Norton was the only player who completely wet the bed and he was apparently sick...Watts stepped up, Cokley gives no phuqs, Tosin is a monster and Lee never let his offensive jitters affect his defense and then he delivered big time in the clutch...Brown was clutch and a leader and Baxter provided some great energy plays...19 offensive rebounds is just a sick, sick, SICK number. That gives me so much hope for the next round. Norton needs some gym time tomorrow to restore his confidence...he lost his shitake sauce in the second half and struggled with depth perception from three-point range. At least he had enough presence of mind to quit shooting...cut down on turnovers and hit some shots and we got this...It's a tough-ass team, and I'm not sure UCLA can grind.
03-19-2015 09:53 PM
BlazerPhil Offline
Administrator of Comedy

I Root For: Birmingham U.
Folding@NCAAbbs
Didn't coach Bartow go and interview for the UK job in 85 or 86 and turn them down ? Right before they hired Eddie Sutton if I recall correctly.
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2015 09:56 PM by BlazerPhil.)
03-19-2015 09:56 PM
sadolakced Offline
Special Teams

(03-19-2015 09:50 PM)Blazer85 Wrote:  Wouldn't count on UK fans cheering for us. Then again I don't think UK fans will get too worked up supporting UCLA either.

Had a Kentucky fan ask me who Ray Watts was.

Next time we had a Fire Ray Watts chant going he joined in.

Most of them probably don't like us, but I don't know about full on hating us. I think they're more embarrassed about their record vs. us.
03-19-2015 09:57 PM
sadolakced Offline
Special Teams

(03-19-2015 09:53 PM)Agent Orange Sauce Wrote:  OK, first a few thoughts on today's amazing upset...

We grinded out a win. This is the best sign of all...We fell in an early 10-pt hole against a team that scores a lot of points and we came back and tied it at 19-19...the scouting report on UAB was get ahead early and we overcame that...our young players all had their moments of panic but they delivered in crunch time...Norton was the only player who completely wet the bed and he was apparently sick...Watts stepped up, Cokley gives no phuqs, Tosin is a monster and Lee never let his offensive jitters affect his defense and then he delivered big time in the clutch...Brown was clutch and a leader and Baxter provided some great energy plays...19 offensive rebounds is just a sick, sick, SICK number. That gives me so much hope for the next round. Norton needs some gym time tomorrow to restore his confidence...he lost his shitake sauce in the second half and struggled with depth perception from three-point range. At least he had enough presence of mind to quit shooting...cut down on turnovers and hit some shots and we got this...It's a tough-ass team, and I'm not sure UCLA can grind.

The thing with Norton is that he runs the point so smoothly it's like a different team is on the floor. Even if the stat line doesn't show it I think his presence on the floor makes a noticeable difference. I like that he didn't try to force too many things when they weren't going, and because of the scouting report he's guarded as a significant outside threat even if things aren't falling for him tonight. (to opponents his terrible 3 shot today was due to their defense.)
03-19-2015 10:02 PM
Advertisement

uabnick Offline
Bench Warmer

One of the broadcasters on tv said Nick was sick today which would explain his performance. Not sure if it is true or not.
03-19-2015 10:55 PM
Blaze4Pres Offline
Campaign Advisor

When will we find out what time the game is?
03-19-2015 11:27 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

(03-19-2015 11:27 PM)Blaze4Pres Wrote:  When will we find out what time the game is?

Some of us have already found out.
03-19-2015 11:35 PM
sadolakced Offline
Special Teams

Should be 5:10 central
03-19-2015 11:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.