UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

SBR: University of North Alabama, board of trustees, provide terms of office of six y
rook360 Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
SBR: University of North Alabama, board of trustees, provide terms of office of six y
http://alisondb.legislature.state.al.us/...99-int.pdf

Representative Pettus and co-signed by representatives Greer and Ball to have the term of University of North Alabama trustees changed from 12 to 6 years. The board would be broken up into 3 groups and rotate out for elections.

Wonder could be get them to support us if Jack or *Rogers supports them?
*I think a lot of our attention has been focused on Jack but Rogers needs some help as well.
(This post was last modified: 03-18-2015 08:26 AM by rook360.)
03-18-2015 08:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mixduptransistor Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: SBR: University of North Alabama, board of trustees, provide terms of office of six y
I think it's crazy that every public university in the state has a completely different set of rules regarding trustee selection, the length and number of their terms, and whether or not a trustee can be removed by the Governor.
03-18-2015 08:52 AM
legalblazer Offline
1st String

RE: SBR: University of North Alabama, board of trustees, provide terms of office of six y
Hey... mixedup and I agree on something!

:)
03-18-2015 09:04 AM
Advertisement

rook360 Offline
All American

(03-18-2015 08:52 AM)mixduptransistor Wrote:  I think it's crazy that every public university in the state has a completely different set of rules regarding trustee selection, the length and number of their terms, and whether or not a trustee can be removed by the Governor.

That's the problem, big time. I say, unless you are a private school, if you receive state funding your institution should fall under a state board of regents. Each school can have it's trustees, but they in turn answer to the regents. With all school trustees and regents members having unified governing rules.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
(This post was last modified: 03-18-2015 09:09 AM by rook360.)
03-18-2015 09:08 AM
blzrclub80 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Every public college and university in the state should follow North Alabama's lead. If the particular university has multiple campuses, there should be additional verbiage to assure equal or proportional representation on the BoT as well.
03-18-2015 09:14 AM
Advertisement

DragonClaw Offline
1st String

I Root For: UAB Blazers
(03-18-2015 08:52 AM)mixduptransistor Wrote:  I think it's crazy that every public university in the state has a completely different set of rules regarding trustee selection, the length and number of their terms, and whether or not a trustee can be removed by the Governor.

Absolutely.

The legislature should consolidate all the universities in the state under the UA Board of Trustees. The UABOT does such a good job. Every university should benefit from their calibre of leadership.
(This post was last modified: 03-18-2015 10:01 AM by DragonClaw.)
03-18-2015 09:59 AM
blzrclub80 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
(03-18-2015 09:59 AM)DragonClaw Wrote:  

Absolutely.

The legislature should consolidate all the universities in the state under the UA Board of Trustees. The UABOT does such a good job. Every university should benefit from their calibre of leadership.

04-jawdrop01-wingedeagle03-nutkick03-banghead03-puke04-chairshot05-stirthepot05-nono

I think that is ever negative one of these little guys.
03-18-2015 10:10 AM
Advertisement

Rebounder2u Offline
1st String

I Root For: Blazers
(03-18-2015 09:59 AM)DragonClaw Wrote:  

Absolutely.

We would have saw the sarcasm in that with out the Blue font
03-18-2015 10:11 AM
mixduptransistor Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-18-2015 09:08 AM)rook360 Wrote:  

That's the problem, big time. I say, unless you are a private school, if you receive state funding your institution should fall under a state board of regents. Each school can have it's trustees, but they in turn answer to the regents. With all school trustees and regents members having unified governing rules.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

There's already the Alabama Commission on Higher Education. It approves all new degree programs and major changes to degree programs as well as some other oversight. IMO that is really all that needs to be coordinated between every single university in the state. Otherwise, each university or system should maintain their own boards that have the remaining amount of control. Each of those boards, though, should be accountable to the people via the ability for the Governor to remove members (not that it'd do much good in UAB's case) and that board members should be selected in an open process without input from the existing board
03-18-2015 10:19 AM
blazerwkr Offline
Heisman

BlazerTalk Award
Problem w/ having some kind of overall state BOR in this state or anything similar is that they still will fill it with "their" people w/ all the corruption we have in our state politics & the effect will still be the same just on a grander scale. To fix things you need to minimize their control over anything other than themselves & have someone higher than them thats more unbiased or at least less biased against others as well as limit their time in control lest they become just as tyrannical
03-18-2015 04:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.