Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2016 UAB Football Season Ticket Pledge Drive
Bookmark and Share
hooverblazer Offline
Promoter of UAB

I Root For: UAB
2016 UAB Football Season Ticket Pledge Drive
The UAB Football Foundation has initiated a season ticket pledge drive for the 2016 season as a way to demonstrate support for the program. The deposit for a season ticket is $25 via paypal which covers 25% of the cost of the season ticket should UAB reinstate football. If football is not reinstated in 2016, the deposit will be refunded.

To kick off the pledge drive, Coach Bill Clark has committed to purchasing the first 100 tickets. What an excellent leader. 04-bow

If you feel so inclined, we'd really appreciate the help as we try to revive our program. Follow the link to make your pledge and to read additional FAQs.

http://www.bhamforuab.com/bhamforuab-donations/
03-11-2015 09:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Cnelson203 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall; WVU
RE: 2016 UAB Football Season Ticket Pledge Drive
I have to say that Bill Clark staying around to lead a resurgence (should one be granted) puts him in a very lofty position as to his character, in my opinion. This guy seems to be one classy act.
03-12-2015 07:14 AM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
wow this is really taking off. We will update numbers soon.
03-12-2015 12:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Marathon Blazer Offline
Heisman

Believe I read 2350 in the first 24 hours!
03-13-2015 01:10 AM
Advertisement

Blazer85 Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-13-2015 01:10 AM)Marathon Blazer Wrote:  Believe I read 2350 in the first 24 hours!

I have seen >3,000 in the first 24hrs.
03-13-2015 07:58 AM
BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: JMU
I really like this. Serious question, how can it be determined this not to be a scam with someone out there preying on your emotions? I'm guessing, paypal offers some protection??? Thoughts please...
03-13-2015 08:28 AM
58-56 Offline
Blazer Revolutionary

I Root For: Fire Ray Watts

BlazerTalk Award
(03-13-2015 08:28 AM)BleedingPurple Wrote:  I really like this. Serious question, how can it be determined this not to be a scam with someone out there preying on your emotions? I'm guessing, paypal offers some protection??? Thoughts please...

It's headed by this guy:

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/justin-craft/19/a00/b11

http://www.nowlinandassociates.com/Justi...287875.htm

Who's not likely to sacrifice his license and possibly his freedom over a scam.
03-13-2015 09:10 AM
Advertisement

eager eagle Offline
All American

I Root For:
(03-11-2015 09:50 PM)hooverblazer Wrote:  The UAB Football Foundation has initiated a season ticket pledge drive for the 2016 season as a way to demonstrate support for the program. The deposit for a season ticket is $25 via paypal which covers 25% of the cost of the season ticket should UAB reinstate football. If football is not reinstated in 2016, the deposit will be refunded.

To kick off the pledge drive, Coach Bill Clark has committed to purchasing the first 100 tickets. What an excellent leader. 04-bow

If you feel so inclined, we'd really appreciate the help as we try to revive our program. Follow the link to make your pledge and to read additional FAQs.

Therein lies UAB's biggest problem, only $100. for a season football ticket which are prime seats.
03-13-2015 09:29 AM
BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-13-2015 09:29 AM)eager eagle Wrote:  
(03-11-2015 09:50 PM)hooverblazer Wrote:  The UAB Football Foundation has initiated a season ticket pledge drive for the 2016 season as a way to demonstrate support for the program. The deposit for a season ticket is $25 via paypal which covers 25% of the cost of the season ticket should UAB reinstate football. If football is not reinstated in 2016, the deposit will be refunded.

Therein lies UAB's biggest problem, only $100. for a season football ticket which are prime seats.

$100 is not totally out of line. What cannot be seen is what type of donation to the athletic department in addition to this. They will be re-entering as an FCS program, ticket prices have to be at that level, not FBS. Frankly, I'd even go so far as to say that $100, considering it will be a start up program, is just about on par. The only school who managed to start up a program and commanded more was Charlotte. But that was an entirely different animal all together as they had a stadium to build.
03-13-2015 10:00 AM
HSV_BLAZER Offline
Heisman

I Root For: #fireraywatts
The goal is to bring football back in 2016 as a member of C-USA. Not dropping back down to FCS.
03-13-2015 10:07 AM
Advertisement

ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
It will not be FCS.
03-13-2015 10:47 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gulfcoastgal Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Just got a pair. Looking forward to being able to donate to local boys/girls clubs, battered women and children's shelters or to tickets for troops like we do for USM and USA. Good Luck reaching 10,000!

From the linked Q&A:
Quote: How many ticket deposits have to be made?
Our goal is to secure AT LEAST 10,000 season ticket commitments. 10,000 new season ticket commitments would give UAB more season ticket holders than any other program in Conference USA.

Out of curiosity, what is the timefame for this drive?
03-13-2015 11:16 AM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

Right now it's just until Saturday to show C-USA. I'm positive it will be extended.............wink, wink.

BTW THANK YOU!!!!
03-13-2015 11:52 AM
Advertisement

58-56 Offline
Blazer Revolutionary

I Root For: Fire Ray Watts

BlazerTalk Award
Ray Watts has begun a campaign against the season ticket drive:

https://www.uab.edu/athleticsplan/faq/ua...le-program

You really can't make this stuff up.
03-13-2015 02:15 PM
Shrack Offline
All American

Sold over 4,000 at this point.
03-13-2015 02:30 PM
BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-13-2015 02:15 PM)58-56 Wrote:  Ray Watts has begun a campaign against the season ticket drive:

https://www.uab.edu/athleticsplan/faq/ua...le-program

You really can't make this stuff up.

That's really not as bad as you made it sound. He's got to protect the university from a legal mess. What he doesn't seem to understand, the way I read this deal is the money will go towards each individuals season ticket purchases. Am I reading this correct? If so, then it is not a donation at all. If and when you guys get things back up and running, every season ticket holder will have their money given to the school as a credit to each individual's tickets. Am I correct in all of this? The nature of my interest is that I enjoy watching people think outside of box. I also believe like the rest of the world that you guys were done wrong. Of course, there is a self serving interest should you not be allowed to remain in the CUSA. I apologize for the intrusion.
03-13-2015 03:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.