Take THAT, you non-independent jerks!
03-04-2015 05:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
RE: NJIT is going to the CIT.
Wow...quite the rise...about 5 years ago they were a joke playing in front of 12 fans.
03-04-2015 05:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lenvillecards Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisville
Re: NJIT is going to the CIT.
Good for them.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
03-04-2015 06:19 PM
UConn-SMU Offline
often wrong, never in doubt

I Root For: the AAC
It's nice to hear a positive (non-greed) story about sports.
03-04-2015 08:03 PM
NittanyLion Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: PSU, Cincinnati
(03-04-2015 05:35 PM)justinslot Wrote:  Take THAT, you non-independent jerks!

Good for them, awesome!

Seems like NJIT has been the butt of many jokes in D-1 for the last 5-10 years, so nice that they get some good publicity (beating Michigan in December, now post-season play).

They are also building a pretty nice new arena (meanwhile, down the street, Rutgers can't seem to find any $$$ for a needed RAC expansion).

Hopefully NJIT finds a spot in America East or NEC some day. America East seems more logical (9 current schools vs. 10). But I guess AE is probably playing the waiting game, the unlikely event that the northern CAA schools may come back.
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2015 08:16 PM by NittanyLion.)
03-04-2015 08:15 PM
CameramanJ Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
Great feel-good story, hopefully they can win at least a game or two in the CIT. Can't be easy being independent, hopefully this exposure catches the attention of the NEC or the America East.
03-05-2015 10:23 AM
Advertisement

The Cutter of Bish Offline
Heisman

I Root For: the little guy
(03-05-2015 10:23 AM)CameramanJ Wrote:  Great feel-good story, hopefully they can win at least a game or two in the CIT. Can't be easy being independent, hopefully this exposure catches the attention of the NEC or the America East.

I suspect FDU's a roadblock to the NEC, and maybe Wagner and the two Brooklyn schools. NJIT has really been working the AE, and while there was a time when AE looked like it was on death's door (thanks BU and CAA politics), it seems a bit more stable now where NJIT isn't needed, even if NJIT is adding the kind of programs for consideration.

I think they're a better NEC school, though. And if they're really hard up, would MEAC actually turn them down? Or is that one of those administrative no-no's that make it a complete non-starter?
03-05-2015 11:29 AM
TerryD Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Notre Dame
I hope that they win the thing.
03-05-2015 11:29 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chargeradio Offline
Vamos Morados

I Root For: ALA, KY, USA
NJIT is going to the CIT.
(03-05-2015 11:29 AM)The Cutter of Bish Wrote:  
(03-05-2015 10:23 AM)CameramanJ Wrote:  Great feel-good story, hopefully they can win at least a game or two in the CIT. Can't be easy being independent, hopefully this exposure catches the attention of the NEC or the America East.

I suspect FDU's a roadblock to the NEC, and maybe Wagner and the two Brooklyn schools. NJIT has really been working the AE, and while there was a time when AE looked like it was on death's door (thanks BU and CAA politics), it seems a bit more stable now where NJIT isn't needed, even if NJIT is adding the kind of programs for consideration.

I think they're a better NEC school, though. And if they're really hard up, would MEAC actually turn them down? Or is that one of those administrative no-no's that make it a complete non-starter?
NJIT had a connection with some MEAC schools in the Great West (some of whom are fellow independents in women's soccer still), but NJIT is not a peer of any school in the MEAC; it would be like putting Denver in the Sun Belt. America East would be a better fit for them with fellow public schools like Maine, Vermont, and Rhode Island. NJIT adding Lacrosse is a good sign that they are headed to America East.

The MEAC also isn't in danger yet - even SCSU's demise brings them down only to 12 members. I could see the Atlantic Sun adding them in an emergency situation, which may be more likely to happen if NKU goes to the Horizon League. This might also allow the Atlantic Sun to work its way up the East Coast when adding from Division II, although I'm not aware of anyone in that area wants to move up aside possibly Indiana University of Pennsylvania (who at least expressed interest prior to the moratorium).

This is not a signature
03-05-2015 04:38 PM
dbackjon Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NAU/Illini
(03-05-2015 04:38 PM)chargeradio Wrote:  
(03-05-2015 11:29 AM)The Cutter of Bish Wrote:  

NJIT had a connection with some MEAC schools in the Great West (some of whom are fellow independents in women's soccer still), but NJIT is not a peer of any school in the MEAC; it would be like putting Denver in the Sun Belt. America East would be a better fit for them with fellow public schools like Maine, Vermont, and Rhode Island. NJIT adding Lacrosse is a good sign that they are headed to America East.

The MEAC also isn't in danger yet - even SCSU's demise brings them down only to 12 members. I could see the Atlantic Sun adding them in an emergency situation, which may be more likely to happen if NKU goes to the Horizon League. This might also allow the Atlantic Sun to work its way up the East Coast when adding from Division II, although I'm not aware of anyone in that area wants to move up aside possibly Indiana University of Pennsylvania (who at least expressed interest prior to the moratorium).

This is not a signature

There are MEAC teams looking to get out of the league - the league's decision to drop out of the FCS playoffs and instead have a "classic" vs the SWAC Champ isn't sitting well with a few members.

Delaware State, Norfolk, Howard are among those that could bolt.
03-05-2015 04:43 PM
chrisRU Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers, NJIT
woooooooooooooooo 04-cheers
03-05-2015 05:08 PM
Advertisement

BearcatJerry Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats

Cue the "The AAC should add NJIT with Army and UMass" comments...
03-05-2015 06:41 PM
justinslot Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers&Temple
(03-05-2015 06:41 PM)BearcatJerry Wrote:  

Cue the "The AAC should add NJIT with Army and UMass" comments...

I thought it was a cue for "SHOULD MORE SCHOOLS GO INDEPENDENT IN BASKETBALL???" threads.
03-05-2015 06:42 PM
gosports1 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: providence
what about the MAAC for NJIT?
03-05-2015 08:38 PM
stever20 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Sports
might make sense, though I think the MAAC would poach from the NEC or America East, then it'd be one of those picking up NJIT. Think MAAC is higher up on the totem pole than the other 2.
03-05-2015 08:54 PM
gosports1 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: providence
If the BE ever expands that would likely set off a chain of events that could involve the A10, America East, MAAC and NJIT
03-05-2015 09:10 PM
Advertisement

stever20 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Sports
(03-05-2015 09:10 PM)gosports1 Wrote:  If the BE ever expands that would likely set off a chain of events that could involve the A10, America East, MAAC and NJIT

So true. Maybe even the CAA possibly....
03-05-2015 09:16 PM
The Cutter of Bish Offline
Heisman

I Root For: the little guy
(03-05-2015 09:16 PM)stever20 Wrote:  
(03-05-2015 09:10 PM)gosports1 Wrote:  If the BE ever expands that would likely set off a chain of events that could involve the A10, America East, MAAC and NJIT

So true. Maybe even the CAA possibly....

After the A10 went into SoCon for Davidson, you wonder if the A10 would need to go into CAA again, and where it puts CAA in this whole thing. It doesn't help CAA any, but maybe some others, like AE, that you have Hofstra holding it hostage because it doesn't want a school most others do.

I wouldn't be surprised if/once JMU left CAA, the backfill comes at the expense of MAAC, for either the rest of Fairfield's programs and Monmouth football, or just all of Monmouth. They go to the NEC or AE, and AE calls NJIT up.
03-05-2015 10:10 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
Pulling for NJIT...hope to see them in the CIT on TV!!!!! Go Highlanders!
03-05-2015 10:19 PM
HarmonOliphantOberlanderDevine Offline
The Black Knight of The Deplorables

I Root For: Army, SFU
From what I have heard (and I have a good source), NJIT wants to join the NEC. I would definitely not mind the addition and if they could start up football (a long pass at best), it would be double gravy for the NEC.
03-06-2015 12:46 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.