Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bring back the Blue Curtain of Death
exowlswimmer Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Rice
http://harvardsportsanalysis.org/2015/02...straction/

Arizona State is using their own version of the BCOD to distract opponents, get students involved and win basketball games. Mike Rhoades has done a great job this year and I have no doubt Rice students could be even more imaginative than their State U counterparts in the desert. Harvard analysts rate the ASU curtain of distraction as worth 1.41 points per game.
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2015 08:32 AM by exowlswimmer.)
03-02-2015 05:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Fort Bend Owl Offline
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
RE: Bring back the Blue Curtain of Death
Well there are ways to be imaginative and distracting without actually bringing back the curtain. Don't we have a 3D printer on campus? Can we use that to print up some more obscure things to hold up?

The most distracting thing about the curtain was the constant clanking of people fencing beyond the curtain, or more commonly the badminton players peaking around the curtain wondering who was making so much noise and rudely interrupting their games.
03-02-2015 07:01 AM
Barrett Offline
All American

I Root For: Rice, SJS

New Orleans Bowl
I was always in favor of calling the student section at Tudor the "Blue Curtain" instead keeping the "Autry Army" moniker. First, since the venue is now called Tudor, the name Autry is less relevant (I know it's still Autry Court, but that's a pretty nuanced point for outsiders). Blue Curtain makes sense because the kids are exactly where the Blue Curtain was; the name plays homage to an important part of Rice basketball history; and the name is pretty original (if I do say so myself).
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2015 12:05 PM by Barrett.)
03-02-2015 12:04 PM
Advertisement

owl at the moon Offline
Eastern Screech Owl

I Root For: rice,smu,uh,unt
(03-02-2015 07:01 AM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  Well there are ways to be imaginative and distracting without actually bringing back the curtain. Don't we have a 3D printer on campus? Can we use that to print up some more obscure things to hold up?

The most distracting thing about the curtain was the constant clanking of people fencing beyond the curtain, or more commonly the badminton players peaking around the curtain wondering who was making so much noise and rudely interrupting their games.

Fencing Beyond The Curtain
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2017 09:52 PM by owl at the moon.)
05-17-2017 09:51 PM
Grungy Online

I Root For: Rice

New Orleans Bowl
Maybe the Rice Clogging Coalition should practice / have dances on the aluminum bleachers during games...
05-18-2017 11:26 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.