Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Monumental Night at the Kap
Bookmark and Share
ReallyBigTribeFan Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Tribe
We all know that this week will be one that lives in history for the Tribe. It's amazing what one single person is capable of doing for our program. People like this only comes around once in a lifetime and it's only fitting that we took time to recognize him last night. Sometimes you have to sit back and remind yourself, that you may never see something like this happen again.

He arrives early and leaves late. I've heard him described as the "hardest working person in the program." He doesn't get paid a penny, even though it is rumored that other schools have offered to pay him to take his game to their campuses. Lucky for us, some guys just do it for the love of the game and the love of The College. So, it's only fitting that we honored him with a roaring standing ovation last night. In the current age of college sports, it is a milestone that all broadcasters will strive to match. Congratulations Bill McDonald (BillyMac) on 25 great years of service.
02-26-2015 10:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

3xTribe Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: W&M Tribe
RE: Monumental Night at the Kap
Nicely done.
02-26-2015 10:30 AM
Paulbintheburg Offline
2nd String

(02-26-2015 10:03 AM)ReallyBigTribeFan Wrote:  We all know that this week will be one that lives in history for the Tribe. It's amazing what one single person is capable of doing for our program. People like this only comes around once in a lifetime and it's only fitting that we took time to recognize him last night. Sometimes you have to sit back and remind yourself, that you may never see something like this happen again.

He arrives early and leaves late. I've heard him described as the "hardest working person in the program." He doesn't get paid a penny, even though it is rumored that other schools have offered to pay him to take his game to their campuses. Lucky for us, some guys just do it for the love of the game and the love of The College. So, it's only fitting that we honored him with a roaring standing ovation last night. In the current age of college sports, it is a milestone that all broadcasters will strive to match. Congratulations Bill McDonald (BillyMac) on 25 great years of service.

I too wish nothing but good fortune to billlymac in all his future endeavors.
02-26-2015 10:35 AM
Advertisement

62Indian Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: W&M
(02-26-2015 10:03 AM)ReallyBigTribeFan Wrote:  We all know that this week will be one that lives in history for the Tribe. It's amazing what one single person is capable of doing for our program. People like this only comes around once in a lifetime and it's only fitting that we took time to recognize him last night. Sometimes you have to sit back and remind yourself, that you may never see something like this happen again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Well said, "Really Big"!
02-26-2015 10:36 AM
ReallyBigTribeFan Offline
Water Engineer

Rumor has it that they will be rewarding BillyMac by leading the radio broadcast this weekend. One of the truly great guys in the Tribe Athletic Department!
02-27-2015 10:06 PM
Advertisement

Tribal Offline

I Root For: William & Mary
We love you, BillyMac!
02-27-2015 10:36 PM
billymac Offline
Heisman

You're just trying to make me blush... 03-wink
02-27-2015 10:58 PM
Advertisement

SoCal Frank Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Wm and Mary
Billy Mac
You are the man. Representing the tribal nation for all these years. I just hope you didn't pull this off too soon. All the best
02-28-2015 01:22 AM
wmmii Online
1st String

Billy Mac-Thanks for your years of dedication!!!!

I have stayed glued to the radio many nights for the away games and you have been the rock that kept everybody in line-you will be dearly missed!!
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2015 10:44 AM by wmmii.)
03-01-2015 10:42 AM
LeadBolt Offline
All American

Having lived out of the area since leaving W&M, I have listened to the radio broadcasts over the internet for years. Thanks for all you have done in bringing the games to us. Best wishes, you will be missed.
03-02-2015 09:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.