Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Pentagon tips off ISIS on plan to take back Mosul
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
Pentagon tips off ISIS on plan to take back Mosul
So the defensive positions are now being reinforced. IEDs are being planted. Mortars and other weapons are being dialed in to set up kill zones. Once again, this administration is an embarrassment as Obama sets up Muslims for victory over us.

Quote:WASHINGTON – The United States has laid out a battle plan to retake the Iraqi city of Mosul in an April-to-May time frame, using some 20,000 to 25,000 Iraqi troops who currently are being trained, a highly unusual disclosure that one intelligence source told WND is “pure lunacy.”

In a teleconference with reporters at the Pentagon, a U.S. Central Command official said brigades of Iraqis along with Kurdish peshmerga forces and Sunni militia will seek to take back Iraq’s second largest city from ISIS, which has held it since June.

The half-hour briefing attended by WND and other media outlets was given on condition that the official could not be identified.

The disclosure surprised many on the call who wondered why details would be released months ahead of the planned offensive.

An intelligence source who spoke to WND also on condition that his identity not be revealed called the disclosure “pure lunacy.”

The source referred to previous disclosures in advance of an attack that gave enemy forces in Iraq time to set up improvised explosive devices.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2015/02/pentagon-tips...QJu4hD2.99
02-20-2015 11:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
RE: Pentagon tips off ISIS on plan to take back Mosul
Kind of dumb to tell the enemy what you are going to do, don't you think?
02-21-2015 06:27 AM
Brokeback Flamer Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tight ends
(02-21-2015 06:27 AM)VA49er Wrote:  Kind of dumb to tell the enemy what you are going to do, don't you think?

I sorta disagree. Looking at the calendar IS can tell when an attack would take place. Some of the stuff 'leaked' really wasn't a big deal. Of course we are dialing in our mortars. Of course we are setting up IED's etc. what has me scratching my head is why they ' leaked' troop strength in certain area and the names of what Divisions etc are fighting where. That's where things get sketchy IMO. But the Administrations tactic will be to point out the first part but not the second part.
02-21-2015 07:23 AM
UConn-SMU Offline
often wrong, never in doubt

I Root For: the AAC
Telling the enemy where, when, and how you will attack is the fair thing to do. Very liberal. And to take that further, we should not use any weapons that give us an advantage.
02-21-2015 08:05 AM
Advertisement

B_Hawk06 Offline

I Root For: UNCW / America
(02-21-2015 07:23 AM)Brokeback Flamer Wrote:  
(02-21-2015 06:27 AM)VA49er Wrote:  Kind of dumb to tell the enemy what you are going to do, don't you think?

I sorta disagree. Looking at the calendar IS can tell when an attack would take place. Some of the stuff 'leaked' really wasn't a big deal. Of course we are dialing in our mortars. Of course we are setting up IED's etc. what has me scratching my head is why they ' leaked' troop strength in certain area and the names of what Divisions etc are fighting where. That's where things get sketchy IMO. But the Administrations tactic will be to point out the first part but not the second part.

Ummmm... he was saying the ISIS is setting up the IEDs and Mortars, which would be entirely true when they know what's about to be attacked. 07-coffee3
02-21-2015 11:10 AM
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
Obama's vague and weak policy against the Islamic extremists has allow this to spiral out of control. ISIS and Al-Qaeda control territory in Syria, Iraq, and Afghanistan as well as a strong influence in Libya, Somalia and several other countries in Africa. Obama's policies gave back all ground gained in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Before Obama took office in 2008 Al-Qaeda was on the run and their scope of influence was limited mainly to Afghanistan, also there was no other organized extremist group. Now thanks to his policies we have a regrouped Al-Qaeda and ISIS they operate openly in at least half a dozen countries so eliminating these groups is beyond US military capacity. This is now a fight that is up to the nations involved.
02-21-2015 11:31 AM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
According to the article, a Central Command official:
Quote:He affirmed ISIS is “in decline.”

Who knew? I guess the justification for making operations plans known? 03-banghead
02-21-2015 11:48 AM
Advertisement

jaredf29 Offline
Smiter of Trolls

I Root For: UCF
The White House has a problem period when it comes to these types of things. I remember prior to the invasion of Iraq several plans to attack were leaked over the course of weeks.
02-21-2015 11:50 AM
Brokeback Flamer Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tight ends
(02-21-2015 11:10 AM)CoastGuardHawk06 Wrote:  
(02-21-2015 07:23 AM)Brokeback Flamer Wrote:  

Ummmm... he was saying the ISIS is setting up the IEDs and Mortars, which would be entirely true when they know what's about to be attacked. 07-coffee3

I was channeling my inner Jihadi 04-cheers my bad. That will teach me to type during my morning constitution
We know what they are doing regarding IED's etc, That's just SOP for anyone. What does baffle me still is our release of the troop strength etc.
02-21-2015 12:32 PM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
Gee, knowing the divisions being used allows ISIS to infiltrate the ranks as volunteers . This has been a history with recruiting soldiers in the Iraqi army since 2002 when Al Qaida suicide bombers infiltrated recruiting centers. Also the Iraqi army has a history of throwing down weapons and blending in with the hostile not unlike what Dustin Hoffman did in the movie " Little Big Man".
02-21-2015 01:47 PM
Advertisement

VA49er Offline
Legend

(02-21-2015 08:05 AM)UConn-SMU Wrote:  Telling the enemy where, when, and how you will attack is the fair thing to do. Very liberal. And to take that further, we should not use any weapons that give us an advantage.

We might as well put on bright red uniforms and march into Mosul all lined up in a single file line.
02-21-2015 04:20 PM
BleedsHuskieRed Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU

Donators
(02-21-2015 04:20 PM)VA49er Wrote:  
(02-21-2015 08:05 AM)UConn-SMU Wrote:  Telling the enemy where, when, and how you will attack is the fair thing to do. Very liberal. And to take that further, we should not use any weapons that give us an advantage.

We might as well put on bright red uniforms and march into Mosul all lined up in a single file line.
I would still put my money on the US Army/US Marines if they had to do that.
02-21-2015 05:52 PM
blunderbuss Offline
Banned

I Root For: ECU & the CSA
We should attack these sob's full force during Ramadan.
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2015 06:22 PM by blunderbuss.)
02-21-2015 06:22 PM
Advertisement

VA49er Offline
Legend

(02-21-2015 06:22 PM)blunderbuss Wrote:  We should attack these sob's full force during Ramadan.

I'd imagine they don't observe Ramadan and would be fighting during that time anyway, so why not!
02-22-2015 07:33 AM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
I'm very glad that obama wasn't the prez when we were mired in WWII. He would have given Hitler the plans for D-Day and the date. They're stupid and incapable to lead this nation. When will it end? Not too soon.
02-22-2015 12:49 PM
ummechengr Offline
C'mon....really!?!?!

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(02-21-2015 05:52 PM)BleedsHuskieRed Wrote:  
(02-21-2015 04:20 PM)VA49er Wrote:  

I would still put my money on the US Army/US Marines if they had to do that.

02-23-2015 05:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.