Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What's going on with JMU football?
Bookmark and Share
Libertygrad01 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Liberty & UK
Since signing day JMU has lost both co-offensive coordinators, their dc and yesterday it was announced 3 players have been suspended from the team. A couple of really good players. Speculation is they were caught stealing checks from mailboxes. Not a banner couple of weeks for the Dukes.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
02-17-2015 09:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NewTimes Offline
All American

I Root For: Flames & Canes
RE: What's going on with JMU football?
(02-17-2015 09:15 AM)Libertygrad01 Wrote:  Since signing day JMU has lost both co-offensive coordinators, their dc and yesterday it was announced 3 players have been suspended from the team. A couple of really good players. Speculation is they were caught stealing checks from mailboxes. Not a banner couple of weeks for the Dukes.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
Also, lots of grumblings on the JMU board about OOC scheduling and fear that attendance will lessen.
02-17-2015 10:28 AM
GE and MTS Offline

I Root For: Liberty/Penn St
More turmoil could cause us to pass them on an annual basis rather than a lucky game every now and then. Imagine the perception if we climbed ahead of JMU in a distinct way rather than be right behind them.
02-18-2015 06:47 PM
NewTimes Offline
All American

(02-18-2015 06:47 PM)GE and MTS Wrote:  More turmoil could cause us to pass them on an annual basis rather than a lucky game every now and then. Imagine the perception if we climbed ahead of JMU in a distinct way rather than be right behind them.
We may be closer than you think to passing JMU. The current General Assembly proposed legislation requiring VA state teams to restrict student fees towards athletics could cripple JMU and other state schools.

Very interesting short capsule article dated Feb. 18 posted by ODU fan on the JMU board http://m.pilotonline.com/?cu=spreed%3A%2...2F42167368

It clearly states the political intent and how it effects all VA public schools. Not LU.
02-18-2015 07:26 PM
Advertisement

GE and MTS Offline

I saw that but for us to pass JMU we will have to do it on the field. We can build nicer facilities (or at least try to since JMU is top notch as well) but they have us beat in academic prestige and athletic history. We need to beat them in the sports that matter for tangible proof we are ahead of them. If their budget gets slashed then it will help us but we shouldn't need that to happen in the first place.
02-18-2015 10:34 PM
army56mike Offline

I Root For: Liberty & UofL
(02-18-2015 10:34 PM)GE and MTS Wrote:  but they have us beat in academic prestige and athletic history. We need to beat them in the sports that matter for tangible proof we are ahead of them.

This is correct. We need to continue to work on the academic side of the house. And we need to just win on the fields of play.
02-19-2015 09:09 AM
NewTimes Offline
All American

(02-19-2015 09:09 AM)army56mike Wrote:  
(02-18-2015 10:34 PM)GE and MTS Wrote:  but they have us beat in academic prestige and athletic history. We need to beat them in the sports that matter for tangible proof we are ahead of them.

This is correct. We need to continue to work on the academic side of the house. And we need to just win on the fields of play.
As memorable as last year's success was, it's only one year. The challenge with playing strong OOC games, especially FBS, is that LU needs to win it's share, not all of them, but enough to be seen as an improving and proven team. As LU hopefully learned from the past, playing low level schools and winning does little for program and perceived credibility. This is part of JMU's dilemma with their schedule. LU must win enough conference games this year to stay consistent, and OOC to be improve. Winning only conference games will diminish and weaken the brand.
02-19-2015 10:07 AM
Advertisement

NewTimes Offline
All American

RE: What's going on with JMU?
A revised questions ask "What's going on with JMU".
- student/athletic fees, a JMU alum is the sponsor of a VA bill to reduce and restrict student/athletic spending
- coaches leaving
- 3 players suspended
- sentiment that the FBS window has closed
- lots of discontent with the JMU admin and athletic leadership

I hope the admins and fans right the ship and get JMU back on track. It's better to beat them at their best rather than to have legitimate reasons for a loss.
02-23-2015 07:04 PM
army56mike Offline

I Root For: Liberty & UofL
The best thing for Liberty football is for JMU to remain competitive on the field. It just means we will work that much harder to be stronger.
02-24-2015 08:38 PM
GE and MTS Offline

I wouldn't use "players suspended" to knock down JMU. We don't know what they were suspended for and Liberty has suspensions all the time. Heck Asa Chapman I think was pretty bad. JMU is going through some pains right now but they'll be back. We just have to make sure we are ready and don't drop this opportunity we've been granted.
02-24-2015 09:10 PM
Advertisement

NewTimes Offline
All American

(02-24-2015 08:38 PM)army56mike Wrote:  The best thing for Liberty football is for JMU to remain competitive on the field. It just means we will work that much harder to be stronger.
We should hope all of our opponents excel and improve. LU has played enough patsies in the past. Those quality wins propel a program. JMU over VT and App State over Michigan gave instant credibility for those programs.
02-24-2015 10:50 PM
4bidn Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: LU
(02-24-2015 10:50 PM)NewTimes Wrote:  
(02-24-2015 08:38 PM)army56mike Wrote:  The best thing for Liberty football is for JMU to remain competitive on the field. It just means we will work that much harder to be stronger.
We should hope all of our opponents excel and improve. LU has played enough patsies in the past. Those quality wins propel a program. JMU over VT and App State over Michigan gave instant credibility for those programs.

IF, LU was to pull off upset over WVU, the MAP would'nt be big enough to hold the LU bandwagoneers for a cpl years. They could turn that into a real big showcase for the school, thats for sure. As a matter of fact im hoping we end that game with another INT to seal the victory, like App St.
02-25-2015 09:23 AM
NewTimes Offline
All American

(02-25-2015 09:23 AM)4bidn Wrote:  

IF, LU was to pull off upset over WVU, the MAP would'nt be big enough to hold the LU bandwagoneers for a cpl years. They could turn that into a real big showcase for the school, thats for sure. As a matter of fact im hoping we end that game with another INT to seal the victory, like App St.
For kicks, I checked out Jeff Sagarin's Final 2014 results in USA Today. Here's his findings for the end of year final rankings:
WVA #33 rating 78.81
ApSt #102 rating 61.93
LU #103 rating 61.66

Wouldn't it be ultra sweet to beat WVA at home. A very tall order with LU having to play a near flawless game and WVA playing a poor game. Still it's seems to more common than not when the better FCS teams win a FBS game, but mostly against mid major P5 and low level FBS teams. But it's why we play the games.

WVA did lose their last 4 out of 5 games to end the season and ended with a 7-6 record.

The USA link if so interested: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/
02-25-2015 09:43 AM
Advertisement

4bidn Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: LU
(02-25-2015 09:43 AM)NewTimes Wrote:  

For kicks, I checked out Jeff Sagarin's Final 2014 results in USA Today. Here's his findings for the end of year final rankings:
WVA #33 rating 78.81
ApSt #102 rating 61.93
LU #103 rating 61.66

Wouldn't it be ultra sweet to beat WVA at home. A very tall order with LU having to play a near flawless game and WVA playing a poor game. Still it's seems to more common than not when the better FCS teams win a FBS game, but mostly against mid major P5 and low level FBS teams. But it's why we play the games.

WVA did lose their last 4 out of 5 games to end the season and ended with a 7-6 record.

You would def have to play near perfect game and get them while they are still maybe trying to work some kinks out, but its a matter of or 22 just being better on that day than theirs, kicking game would be the difference I think
02-25-2015 10:09 AM
NewTimes Offline
All American

(02-25-2015 10:09 AM)4bidn Wrote:  
(02-25-2015 09:43 AM)NewTimes Wrote:  

WVA #33 rating 78.81
ApSt #102 rating 61.93
LU #103 rating 61.66

You would def have to play near perfect game and get them while they are still maybe trying to work some kinks out, but its a matter of or 22 just being better on that day than theirs, kicking game would be the difference I think
It can happen and will happen in time. We can all hope the time will be Sept. 12 in Morgantown.
02-25-2015 10:40 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.