Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

More Islamic indoctrination at school
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
More Islamic indoctrination at school
http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/9-in...ool/nj7Ny/

Quote:Ron Wagner read from part of his son's world history book, "There is no god, but God. Muhamad is the messenger of God."

Wagner is not reading the Five Pillars of Islam from the Quran, but rather his son's 10th-grade world history book from Lyman High School.

"Students were instructed to recite this prayer as the first Pillar of Islam, off of the board at the teacher's instruction," Wagner claims.

Wagner, who is not religious, said he had no idea the public school was teaching so extensively about religion until he spotted a text on his son's phone from a teacher reminding him to complete a prayer rug assignment and study an Islam packet.

"For it to be mandatory and part of the curriculum and in the textbooks, didn't seem right," Wagner said.

Inside of the book is a chapter dedicated to the "Rise of Islam," including prayers and scriptures from the Quran. What's more disturbing for Wagner is that the first 100 pages discussing Judaism and Christianity are missing. The district blames a manufacturer defect in 68 books that are only a year old.

According to Wagner, Dr. Michael Blasewitz, who oversees the high school curriculum, said, "The Pillars of Islam are benchmarks in the state curriculum."

Quote:They did discuss a video played during class about the religion, but Blasewitz got frustrated and stormed out when 9 Investigates asked whether the district is considering changes to the curriculum.

"You're just going to walk away from our interview when we're trying to get information," said investigative reporter Daralene Jones.

Before Blasewitz walked out, he further justified the curriculum, saying students learn specific Judaism doctrine, the Bible and its scriptures, in earlier school years.

Quote:Federal law allows schools to teach aboutreligion, because it's part of history. But public schools may not teach religion.

"There's a difference between teaching of the significance or the impact of a religion and teaching the specific tenets of a religion," Wagner said.
02-10-2015 05:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
RE: More Islamic indoctrination at school
This happened in Florida? LMFAO
02-10-2015 07:15 PM
UConn-SMU Offline
often wrong, never in doubt

I Root For: the AAC
(02-10-2015 07:15 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  This happened in Florida? LMFAO

Libs are everywhere creating mischief. Conservatives have to play whack-a-mole every time one of these stories pops up.
02-10-2015 08:05 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

Re: RE: More Islamic indoctrination at school
(02-10-2015 08:05 PM)UConn-SMU Wrote:  

Libs are everywhere creating mischief. Conservatives have to play whack-a-mole every time one of these stories pops up.

Do you even know how textbook adoption works?
02-10-2015 08:31 PM
UConn-SMU Offline

(02-10-2015 08:31 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  

I've seen many stories about it in the media, but I have never been involved in it personally.
02-10-2015 09:12 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

(02-10-2015 09:12 PM)UConn-SMU Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 08:31 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  

I've seen many stories about it in the media, but I have never been involved in it personally.

Texas is one of the largest buyers of textbooks in the nation. Therefore, most publishers cater to what Texas wants. As you know, Texas is one of the most conservative states in the nation.

The Texas state legislature screens these textbooks to make sure they are alligned to Texas State Standards. Only a handful of these textbooks make the first cut. Then, these textbooks have to then be adopted by individual school districts.

The process is so expensive and time consuming, that many states simply go with whatever Texas decides.

It is very unlikely that another conservative state like Florida would allow a textbook that would teach Muslim religion.
02-11-2015 10:50 AM
Advertisement

Doctor Krieger Offline
1st String

I Root For: :)
I wonder how much Christianity/Judaism/Hinduism/Buddhism was included in the textbook/lesson plans?
02-11-2015 07:34 PM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
(02-11-2015 07:34 PM)Doctor Krieger Wrote:  I wonder how much Christianity/Judaism/Hinduism/Buddhism was included in the textbook/lesson plans?

Not sure but the quoted part of the article states the first 100 pages covering Christianity and Judaism were missing.

The school blamed it on a manufacturer's defect. I bet that's something like misremembering.
02-11-2015 09:15 PM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
(02-11-2015 09:15 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  
(02-11-2015 07:34 PM)Doctor Krieger Wrote:  I wonder how much Christianity/Judaism/Hinduism/Buddhism was included in the textbook/lesson plans?

Not sure but the quoted part of the article states the first 100 pages covering Christianity and Judaism were missing.

The school blamed it on a manufacturer's defect. I bet that's something like misremembering.

Yeah, if other religions were included, I'd have no problem with this. However, if it was just one, then that needs to be corrected.
02-12-2015 09:27 AM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

(02-12-2015 09:27 AM)VA49er Wrote:  

Yeah, if other religions were included, I'd have no problem with this. However, if it was just one, then that needs to be corrected.

Like I said, the likelyhood that Florida would allow a textbook that only teached about the Muslim religion is extremely unlikely.

I'm calling B.S. on this one.
02-12-2015 10:33 AM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
(02-12-2015 10:33 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  

Like I said, the likelyhood that Florida would allow a textbook that only teached about the Muslim religion is extremely unlikely.

Teached? My spell check now needs therapy.
02-12-2015 03:42 PM
Advertisement

olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to our new world of incompetent teachers. LOL
02-12-2015 06:16 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(02-10-2015 05:16 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/9-in...ool/nj7Ny/

Quote:Ron Wagner read from part of his son's world history book, "There is no god, but God. Muhamad is the messenger of God."

Wagner is not reading the Five Pillars of Islam from the Quran, but rather his son's 10th-grade world history book from Lyman High School.

"Students were instructed to recite this prayer as the first Pillar of Islam, off of the board at the teacher's instruction," Wagner claims.

Wagner, who is not religious, said he had no idea the public school was teaching so extensively about religion until he spotted a text on his son's phone from a teacher reminding him to complete a prayer rug assignment and study an Islam packet.

"For it to be mandatory and part of the curriculum and in the textbooks, didn't seem right," Wagner said.

Inside of the book is a chapter dedicated to the "Rise of Islam," including prayers and scriptures from the Quran. What's more disturbing for Wagner is that the first 100 pages discussing Judaism and Christianity are missing. The district blames a manufacturer defect in 68 books that are only a year old.

According to Wagner, Dr. Michael Blasewitz, who oversees the high school curriculum, said, "The Pillars of Islam are benchmarks in the state curriculum."

Quote:They did discuss a video played during class about the religion, but Blasewitz got frustrated and stormed out when 9 Investigates asked whether the district is considering changes to the curriculum.

"You're just going to walk away from our interview when we're trying to get information," said investigative reporter Daralene Jones.

Before Blasewitz walked out, he further justified the curriculum, saying students learn specific Judaism doctrine, the Bible and its scriptures, in earlier school years.

Quote:Federal law allows schools to teach aboutreligion, because it's part of history. But public schools may not teach religion.

"There's a difference between teaching of the significance or the impact of a religion and teaching the specific tenets of a religion," Wagner said.
I am not really sure what the big deal is. Texass and Kansas are promoting Christian indoctrination at the nations schools.
02-14-2015 12:49 PM
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
(02-12-2015 10:33 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  

Teached? Gonna blame that one on Swipe too?
02-14-2015 12:57 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(02-12-2015 06:16 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to our new world of incompetent teachers. LOL
[Image: georgia-teacher-lets-kids-don-klan-robes.jpeg]

This is how teachers do things in the Cofederate states.
02-14-2015 01:05 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
(02-14-2015 01:05 PM)RobertN Wrote:  
(02-12-2015 06:16 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to our new world of incompetent teachers. LOL

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRpayqYgXEpXbbsydMPFLi...PaA_1Ptr7B]

[Image: baby-jihad-3.jpg?w=627&h=471]

[Image: 2005.07.07%20Child%20Soldier%20Baby%20Bo...60x225.jpg]

[Image: jihadists-vi.jpg]

There are just too many pics to post...
02-14-2015 01:26 PM
Advertisement

RobertN Offline
Legend

(02-14-2015 01:26 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  

Hmm. I am not real sure how your pics show teacher involvement. Mine is based on a real teacher.
02-14-2015 02:21 PM
UConn-SMU Offline

(02-14-2015 02:21 PM)RobertN Wrote:  
(02-14-2015 01:26 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  

Hmm. I am not real sure how your pics show teacher involvement. Mine is based on a real teacher.

Robs, they're called madrasahs. Islamic schools. They teach three things:

1) Jews are pigs.
2) Jews are dogs.
3) How to blow yourself up.
02-14-2015 05:06 PM
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
Damn Robs, you think they are born hating and brandishing weapons or taught that.
02-14-2015 05:11 PM
200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina
Robbie, do you think there area more Klan loving teachers in the US or more Islamic teachers telling their kids to kill non-Muslims?
02-14-2015 05:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.