* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Correct Poll - Forum Name
Bookmark and Share
knucklehead Offline
1st String

I Root For: Liberty
Vote for the Forum Name - 1 Choice!
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2015 12:46 PM by knucklehead.)
02-10-2015 12:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Curtisc83 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Liberty U/Clemson
RE: Correct Poll - Forum Name
(02-10-2015 12:46 PM)knucklehead Wrote:  Vote for the Forum Name - 1 Choice!

I voted for "The Furnace".
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2015 01:02 PM by Curtisc83.)
02-10-2015 12:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Curtisc83 Offline
1st String

A furnace is a device used for high temperature heating. The name derives from Greek word fornax, which means oven.

Just a reminder that putting the word flames in front of it is not needed since that's implied. Its like folks in the government world calling a CAC a CAC Card. CAC stands for Common Access Card when it's called a CAC Card they are saying Common Access Card Card.
02-10-2015 01:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
knucklehead Offline
1st String

Agree. That's why I voted the Furnace. I just thought of another good one too late. The Forge. Ooo
02-10-2015 01:25 PM
Curtisc83 Offline
1st String

(02-10-2015 01:25 PM)knucklehead Wrote:  Agree. That's why I voted the Furnace. I just thought of another good one too late. The Forge. Ooo

I like that one. Since its looking like the Flames Furance one might win out. I went ahead and changed my sig to reflect what everyone else on here will view LU as when they see that...LOL
02-10-2015 01:28 PM
GE and MTS Offline

I Root For: Liberty/Penn St
The Flames Furnace identifies it as the furnace is in possession by the flames. It also has the team name in the title. And it only has 3 votes so anything can happen. Don't overreact.
02-10-2015 02:24 PM
Advertisement

Curtisc83 Offline
1st String

(02-10-2015 02:24 PM)GE and MTS Wrote:  The Flames Furnace identifies it as the furnace is in possession by the flames. It also has the team name in the title. And it only has 3 votes so anything can happen. Don't overreact.

It being in the forum subsection Liberty already identifies it as Liberty's.
02-10-2015 02:32 PM
NewTimes Offline
All American

I Root For: Flames & Canes
(02-10-2015 02:24 PM)GE and MTS Wrote:  The Flames Furnace identifies it as the furnace is in possession by the flames. It also has the team name in the title. And it only has 3 votes so anything can happen. Don't overreact.
We moving to the Active board, and soon to Active Link, is much more important than how we tweak the slogans and graphics of the site. I can agree with most anything recommended regarding slogans and graphics and am not married to any mentioned by myself or others. I'm mostly trying to stimulate and spike the interest. The merit of the site will be determined more by what is said than by what is seen.
02-10-2015 02:33 PM
GE and MTS Offline

(02-10-2015 02:32 PM)Curtisc83 Wrote:  

If someone asked you if you go to the furnace or the Flames' furnace then which would you or the casual person most likely identify with Liberty? I think it is better branding to have the school name in there even if some may see it as redundant. But JMU which someone mentioned earlier goes by Dukes Domain instead of JMU Dukes Domain. Maybe they should because when I think of Duke then JMU isn't the first school that comes to mind.
02-10-2015 02:58 PM
Curtisc83 Offline
1st String

(02-10-2015 02:58 PM)GE and MTS Wrote:  

If someone asked you if you go to the furnace or the Flames' furnace then which would you or the casual person most likely identify with Liberty? I think it is better branding to have the school name in there even if some may see it as redundant. But JMU which someone mentioned earlier goes by Dukes Domain instead of JMU Dukes Domain. Maybe they should because when I think of Duke then JMU isn't the first school that comes to mind.

Neither of those names would work for the casual person nor would it help in identifying it. Having a winning team does that not putting LU or Flames in the title. I think JMU's method works and given the huge amount of posts they get on a daily basis we should copy them. Keep it simple and not silly. If we named this forum "Taco Meat" and curb stomped teams in FB and Basketball yearly people would remember who we are no matter what the name is.
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2015 03:11 PM by Curtisc83.)
02-10-2015 03:09 PM
knucklehead Offline
1st String

Great, now I'm hungry. Jerk. Haha
02-10-2015 04:03 PM
Advertisement

GE and MTS Offline

I'm hungry now too. I could support a forum named Taco Meat.

(02-10-2015 03:09 PM)Curtisc83 Wrote:  

Neither of those names would work for the casual person nor would it help in identifying it. Having a winning team does that not putting LU or Flames in the title. I think JMU's method works and given the huge amount of posts they get on a daily basis we should copy them. Keep it simple and not silly. If we named this forum "Taco Meat" and curb stomped teams in FB and Basketball yearly people would remember who we are no matter what the name is.

I don't think we should copy JMU or anyone else for that matter. Let's do our own thing. And Flames' Furnace nor the other suggestions are "silly." You have your opinion which is fine and so does everyone else which is why there is a poll to determine what the majority likes best. If it is Flames' Furnace, Furnace, Fan the Flames, or Taco Meat then we'll thrive no matter what. And I agree that we'll get better interest in the forum if we're curb stomping others but until that happens we have close to zero sports publicity.
02-10-2015 05:39 PM
Curtisc83 Offline
1st String

(02-10-2015 05:39 PM)GE and MTS Wrote:  I'm hungry now too. I could support a forum named Taco Meat.

I don't think we should copy JMU or anyone else for that matter. Let's do our own thing. And Flames' Furnace nor the other suggestions are "silly." You have your opinion which is fine and so does everyone else which is why there is a poll to determine what the majority likes best. If it is Flames' Furnace, Furnace, Fan the Flames, or Taco Meat then we'll thrive no matter what. And I agree that we'll get better interest in the forum if we're curb stomping others but until that happens we have close to zero sports publicity.

Flaming Taco Meat?
02-10-2015 05:41 PM
GE and MTS Offline

(02-10-2015 05:41 PM)Curtisc83 Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 05:39 PM)GE and MTS Wrote:  I'm hungry now too. I could support a forum named Taco Meat.

(02-10-2015 02:32 PM)Curtisc83 Wrote:  It being in the forum subsection Liberty already identifies it as Liberty's.

Flaming Taco Meat?

What could go wrong with "Flaming" in the title? LOL! It is our unofficial branding to open new doors; ones that swing both ways!
02-10-2015 05:44 PM
NewTimes Offline
All American

(02-10-2015 05:44 PM)GE and MTS Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 05:41 PM)Curtisc83 Wrote:  

(02-10-2015 02:58 PM)GE and MTS Wrote:  If someone asked you if you go to the furnace or the Flames' furnace then which would you or the casual person most likely identify with Liberty? I think it is better branding to have the school name in there even if some may see it as redundant. But JMU which someone mentioned earlier goes by Dukes Domain instead of JMU Dukes Domain. Maybe they should because when I think of Duke then JMU isn't the first school that comes to mind.

Flaming Taco Meat?

What could go wrong with "Flaming" in the title? LOL! It is our unofficial branding to open new doors; ones that swing both ways!
Now that's funny!
02-10-2015 05:53 PM
Curtisc83 Offline
1st String

Would it be The Flames Furnace or The Flame's Furnace? If its going to win we might as well make sure its grammatically correct...LOL
02-10-2015 05:57 PM
Advertisement

NewTimes Offline
All American

Notes on the current board. The page numbers are the same or near same color and is difficult to see. Lighter color needed. Next, the promo banner near the top expands almost the width of the page. With the current "Fan the Flames" text, the banner appears underneath it. Stacking "Fan the Flames" and/or replacing it with a graphic should still allow the advertising banner to appear at a less predominate size.

The pull down menus in red are fantastic.
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2015 06:17 PM by NewTimes.)
02-10-2015 06:02 PM
army56mike Offline

I Root For: Liberty & UofL
Spark the Flame, with Sparky the eagle.
02-11-2015 01:46 PM
GE and MTS Offline

(02-10-2015 05:57 PM)Curtisc83 Wrote:  Would it be The Flames Furnace or The Flame's Furnace? If its going to win we might as well make sure its grammatically correct...LOL

It's been a while since I have taken a grammar course so someone correct me if I'm wrong. I think it is The Flames' Furnace because Flames is plural and therefore the apostrophe would go after the s.
02-11-2015 05:32 PM
NewTimes Offline
All American

(02-11-2015 05:32 PM)GE and MTS Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 05:57 PM)Curtisc83 Wrote:  Would it be The Flames Furnace or The Flame's Furnace? If its going to win we might as well make sure its grammatically correct...LOL

It's been a while since I have taken a grammar course so someone correct me if I'm wrong. I think it is The Flames' Furnace because Flames is plural and therefore the apostrophe would go after the s.
Ok, who is the grammar wiz among us that knows the answer if we go with "The Flames-Flame's-Flames' Furnace". Not me.
02-11-2015 10:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.