Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Three, not Two Parade All-Americans signed to Football Team
Bookmark and Share
Candyman Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Three, not Two Parade All-Americans signed to Football Team
We all know that our two freshman running backs, Darrell Henderson and Jamarius Henderson, are 2015 Parade All-Americans, but we also signed another Parade All-American.

I thought Jaelon Oglesby might be one from 2014, so I checked, but he was not. Then it hit me to check the 2013 Parade All-American list and bingo! Our other new running back, Mark Dodson, is a 2013 1st team Parade All-American at running back!!!

How about that for a back field, three All-Americans to choose from!!!!!! Hopefully, we can get all three on the field at the same time, someway.

I need more candy,
Go Tigers Go!!!
02-06-2015 06:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bluecrew Offline
1st String

I Root For: A stable conference
RE: Three, not Two Parade All-Americans signed to Football Team
This has to be the deepest we've ever been at RB. I so wish we hadn't lost so much on defense, or we would be scary good this year.
02-06-2015 06:16 PM
tigerscane Offline
Heisman

I Root For: tha tigers
Still will be....The World Is Ours Memphis...
02-06-2015 06:42 PM
Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

I Root For: Jamammy
I just hope Darrell Henderson qualifies. Hearing it's 50/50 at this point
02-06-2015 06:58 PM
Advertisement

dan o Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers
(02-06-2015 06:58 PM)Brother Bluto Wrote:  I just hope Darrell Henderson qualifies. Hearing it's 50/50 at this point

The curse of South Panola
02-06-2015 08:55 PM
hsvtiger Offline
All American

I Root For: Tina
(02-06-2015 06:12 PM)Candyman Wrote:  We all know that our two freshman running backs, Darrell Henderson and Jamarius Henderson, are 2015 Parade All-Americans, but we also signed another Parade All-American.

I thought Jaelon Oglesby might be one from 2014, so I checked, but he was not. Then it hit me to check the 2013 Parade All-American list and bingo! Our other new running back, Mark Dodson, is a 2013 1st team Parade All-American at running back!!!

How about that for a back field, three All-Americans to choose from!!!!!! Hopefully, we can get all three on the field at the same time, someway.

I need more candy,
Go Tigers Go!!!

Does Dodson have to sit a year?
02-06-2015 09:49 PM
southpaw1 Offline
Southpaw

I Root For: Dry Trails
(02-06-2015 09:49 PM)hsvtiger Wrote:  
(02-06-2015 06:12 PM)Candyman Wrote:  We all know that our two freshman running backs, Darrell Henderson and Jamarius Henderson, are 2015 Parade All-Americans, but we also signed another Parade All-American.

I need more candy,
Go Tigers Go!!!

I think I heard coach Fuente say that Dodson has to sit out this year during the signing day press conference.
02-06-2015 10:42 PM
Advertisement

FranklinTNTiger Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
(02-06-2015 06:42 PM)tigerscane Wrote:  Still will be....The World Is Ours Memphis...

Cane, that's some big words bud... we lost some big time Experience defensive players. I hope your correct!!
02-06-2015 10:44 PM
NDTiger Offline
All American

(02-06-2015 10:42 PM)southpaw1 Wrote:  
(02-06-2015 09:49 PM)hsvtiger Wrote:  

I need more candy,
Go Tigers Go!!!

I think I heard coach Fuente say that Dodson has to sit out this year during the signing day press conference.
Yes, he has to sit. Assume we go to a 2 back set. All three can catch and could also play split end. SPEED!!
02-06-2015 10:55 PM
tigernole79 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Kool-Aid
We aren't without experience on defense, plus we are bringing in some quality players. Last year defense carried us, this year offense will. We will blow some teams out this year I bet!!!
02-06-2015 11:19 PM
Advertisement

Candyman Offline
Special Teams

Too be clear, I love our current RBs (Dorceus, Cooper, Davis and Wallace), so these freshman are going to have to earn their playing time. Bottom-line is we have a mix of experience, size, speed and I believe heart, so whoever can deliver the best combination and hang on to the ball gets to take the field. Go Tigers Go!
02-07-2015 06:17 PM
dan o Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers
Not sure D Henderson can overcome the common South Panola academic hurdle.
02-07-2015 06:20 PM
Atlanta Offline
Hall of Famer

I need more candy,
Go Tigers Go!!!

It's a good thing if the judged talent is confirmed with actual on-field performance but let's not fall into ratings, awards game that seems to plague us so much in basketball recruiting. It always ends up with unsupported expectations. As JF has said consistently, there are 30-40 top recruits every year that anyone can see are top recruits - generally the 5 star guys & beyond those 30-40 that go to the top 10 programs around the country, it is really a matter of development within a program that determines a player's worth. So let's see how they develop, how disciplined & dedicated to the program these guys are - how hard they work. Let's see if they come in with a humble attitude that allows them to follow the advice & guidance of the coaching staff or if they come in "entitled" with the idea that playing time doesn't have to be earned. Some will rise up, others will pout their way into a transfer. One thing for sure, that Parade notice won't mean a thing on the field. If Dodson is smart, he's already learned that part.
02-07-2015 06:50 PM
Advertisement

boss man Offline
The Collapse is Imminent

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS
(02-06-2015 06:12 PM)Candyman Wrote:  How about that for a back field, three All-Americans to choose from!!!!!! Hopefully, we can get all three on the field at the same time, somebway.

I need more candy,
Go Tigers Go!!!

There certainly is a way to get them on the field at one time.

Dust off that 2003 Big Bone formation that Fictner concocted and let the defenses figure out who might run the ball or be a receiver.

The TIGER offense will be nuclear in 2015.
02-10-2015 10:00 AM
Bill83 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Megyn Kelly

Donators
(02-10-2015 10:00 AM)boss man Wrote:  
(02-06-2015 06:12 PM)Candyman Wrote:  How about that for a back field, three All-Americans to choose from!!!!!! Hopefully, we can get all three on the field at the same time, somebway.

I need more candy,
Go Tigers Go!!!

There certainly is a way to get them on the field at one time.

Dust off that 2003 Big Bone formation that Fictner concocted and let the defenses figure out who might run the ball or be a receiver.

The TIGER offense will be nuclear in 2015.

was that the formation with 2, Douglass @ FB and Avery?
02-11-2015 10:26 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.