UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

We Owe Jack Williams a Huge Debt of Gratitude
CajunBlazer Offline
1st String

I Root For: UAB
We Owe Jack Williams a Huge Debt of Gratitude
(I posted this on another thread, but I was afraid that there it would remain unread by many. I think that it is a very important subject so I posting it again here.)

There something that we all need to recognize - Jack Williams is taking a very big political risk by going all in as he has for UAB. He is only doing it because he firmly believes that the cause is just, that an great injustice has been done, and because he feels that it is his duty to pick up the soiled UAB banner and carry it into battle.

Jack has been in the legislature for 10 years and he fully understands that his may be his last term. He told our UAB legislative team as much during our last group meeting. Jack has chosen to go face to face with some of the biggest political heavy hitters in the state and you know they don't appreciate it. He fully understands the possible consequences. Those people will probably be out for revenge regardless of what happens to Jack's legislation. However, he feels this is something he has to do even if it ultimately it costs him his seat in the legislature.

We owe Jack a tremendous debt of gratitude. It is not often that you find a politician who always does what is right regardless of the politics of the situation. I hope the the people of his district truly appreciate him. I wish he were my representative.

All of that said, if you care about justice, if you about UAB, if you care about UAB athletics, then get off your butt and help Jack William win this fight for us. This man is putting his job on the line for UAB - the least we can do is everything in our power to support him.
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2015 11:09 PM by CajunBlazer.)
02-04-2015 11:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

FNblazer Offline
#freeuab

BlazerTalk Award
RE: We Owe Jack Williams a Huge Debt of Gratitude
Couldn't agree more. After this week's festivities, our full attention and support should be turned to attending the March 10 legislative session.
02-04-2015 11:14 PM
hooverblazer Offline
Promoter of UAB

Absolutely. Jack Williams is the man.
02-04-2015 11:15 PM
KevMo4UAB Offline
#FreeUAB

Agreed!
02-04-2015 11:33 PM
Hopeful Offline
Special Teams

Absolutely agreed.

Living in Alabama soured me on state politics, but Jack Williams really made a big impression on me. I'm really grateful for his assistance and I'll always appreciate him doing this for us.
02-05-2015 12:19 AM
CajunBlazer Offline
1st String

Jack for Governor.
02-05-2015 09:30 AM
Advertisement

blzrclub80 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Rep. Jack is doing a great work for UAB and the region! Hope to see all of you in Montgomery on March 10th!
02-05-2015 09:54 AM
BlazerDave Offline
1st String

He'll, no doubt, be at the game tonight. Everyone go out of their way to thank him. He deserves it!
02-05-2015 10:11 AM
Blazer85 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB Blazers
He has a ton of courage. Seems many others have seen the wrongdoing and even acknowledge the wrongdoing, but then fail to do anything. Jack is actually willing to take a stand. I hope that others will be motivated by Jack and join with him.
02-05-2015 10:16 AM
Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB, N'Western
Jack already knows that I am at his service at anytime, I reach out to him occasionally to see if I can render any assistance his way. He knows how to get in touch with me or the Office of Student Media...Jack is risking a lot going up against these scum the way he has, and if we don't have his back....He showed up at the most recent Athletics Task Force meeting and asked them to team up with him to put something together to show the State Legislature a detailed illustration of why they should strongly support the bills Jack will be presenting them in March.
02-05-2015 10:25 AM
Doktyr X Offline
1st String

I Root For: Science! (+UAB)
The highest compliment I can pay him is that he is a man of honor. I will thank him next time I see him. We can all thank him by being at the protest on Friday and being at the Capitol on 3/10/15.
02-05-2015 11:15 AM
Advertisement

UABGrad Offline
All American

I Root For:
We owe Jack. I don't like owing people. So I am going to am pay him back by being Montgomery on March 10th. Then whatever office he runs for next I will campaign in any way possible to get him elected.
02-05-2015 11:47 AM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
I got his back!
02-05-2015 12:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
blazerjacket Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: UAB, GA Tech
(02-05-2015 09:30 AM)CajunBlazer Wrote:  Jack for Governor.

This. This all day.
02-05-2015 01:30 PM
TPBlaze84 Offline
1st String

I do admire what Jack is doing quite a bit, it takes a lot of cajones because he (conceivably) knows what he is going up against. I will say though that I would be surprised if this isn't his last term. Not only will the political interests he is poking with a stick fight tooth and nail to have him canned, I doubt too many in lily-white anti-UAB Vestavia Hills are too pleased that Jack has fashioned himself as the personal ombundsman of our school. I am very thankful for him however and will be even more thankful if any of his proposals find success.
02-05-2015 03:34 PM
BlazerFire Offline
1st String

Shame race has to be interjected.

But that's just me.
02-05-2015 04:20 PM
Advertisement

blazerjay Offline

Donators
(02-05-2015 03:34 PM)TPBlaze84 Wrote:  I do admire what Jack is doing quite a bit, it takes a lot of cajones because he (conceivably) knows what he is going up against. I will say though that I would be surprised if this isn't his last term. Not only will the political interests he is poking with a stick fight tooth and nail to have him canned, I doubt too many in lily-white anti-UAB Vestavia Hills are too pleased that Jack has fashioned himself as the personal ombundsman of our school. I am very thankful for him however and will be even more thankful if any of his proposals find success.

Vestavia Hills isn't anti-UAB. A former UAB president is also a former mayor of the city. I live in Jack's district (which also encompasses as good portion of Hoover) and I have yet to find with anyone locally who is against what Jack is doing or who thinks what has been done to UAB is right.
02-05-2015 04:37 PM
TPBlaze84 Offline
1st String

(02-05-2015 04:20 PM)BlazerFire Wrote:  Shame race has to be interjected.

But that's just me.

It sure is a shame, but you're a smart fella, I think you know that few things around these parts, when you go past the surface, aren't at least tangentially concerning it. If you don't feel that way, I welcome you to have your own opinion04-cheers
02-05-2015 05:51 PM
TPBlaze84 Offline
1st String

(02-05-2015 04:37 PM)blazerjay Wrote:  
(02-05-2015 03:34 PM)TPBlaze84 Wrote:  I do admire what Jack is doing quite a bit, it takes a lot of cajones because he (conceivably) knows what he is going up against. I will say though that I would be surprised if this isn't his last term. Not only will the political interests he is poking with a stick fight tooth and nail to have him canned, I doubt too many in lily-white anti-UAB Vestavia Hills are too pleased that Jack has fashioned himself as the personal ombundsman of our school. I am very thankful for him however and will be even more thankful if any of his proposals find success.

Vestavia Hills isn't anti-UAB. A former UAB president is also a former mayor of the city. I live in Jack's district (which also encompasses as good portion of Hoover) and I have yet to find with anyone locally who is against what Jack is doing or who thinks what has been done to UAB is right.

I know it's a broad statement to deem one area or another anti-UAB, my anecdotal experience (which seems to contrast with your anecdotal experience) is that most people from that side of town are. I would be very pleased to be incorrect about this. Nearly every one of the OTM folks I have discussed these issues with have said it was about time UAB football got shut down. Like I said, I hope that my experience is just an outlier, but that's how I see it.
02-05-2015 05:54 PM
blazerwkr Offline
Heisman

BlazerTalk Award
You just hang w/ the die hard Updyke crimson crowds that only see things in crimson light or they're just yanking your chain. I, like blazerjay, have come across many who feel what happened is wrong as well even if they're UAT fans.

Maybe you should start hanging elsewhere 03-lmfao
02-05-2015 06:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.