Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Delaware
Bookmark and Share
Tribal Online

I Root For: William & Mary
Delaware
Believe it or not, we have a regular season game in just two days. We're at UD Wed at 7:00, a game we should win by 15+.

UD has improved after a pitiful start losing @ UNCW in OT, they beat CoC, had another OT game against Towson, and lost to Drexel by 4 this past Saturday.

My amateur prediction is this will be a mouthwash game for the Tribe - a chance to get the CAAT taste out of our mouths. I think we'll hold UD to 58 points and hang 74 on them. Good, that's 15+.

What can you tell us, Billy Mac?
01-19-2015 06:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

zablenoise Offline
Heisman

RE: Delaware
Is that gorilla Baptiste still on the team?
01-19-2015 07:48 PM
Tribal Online

Re: RE: Delaware
(01-19-2015 07:48 PM)zablenoise Wrote:  Is that gorilla Baptiste still on the team?

Nope.
01-19-2015 08:18 PM
A Quest Called Tribe Offline
2nd String

(01-19-2015 07:48 PM)zablenoise Wrote:  Is that gorilla Baptiste still on the team?

According to Eurobasket.com, he should be about a 13-hour plane ride away on the island of Cyprus. Hopefully that will be far enough for the Tribe to keep him off the boards.
(This post was last modified: 01-19-2015 08:20 PM by A Quest Called Tribe.)
01-19-2015 08:18 PM
LeadBolt Offline
All American

With Baptiste the Hens barely beat the Tribe. I predict that without him they won't come close.
01-19-2015 08:21 PM
zablenoise Offline
Heisman

(01-19-2015 08:21 PM)LeadBolt Wrote:  With Baptiste the Hens barely beat the Tribe. I predict that without him they won't come close.
And Sadler and Usher. That was a good team. This year not so much.
01-19-2015 08:53 PM
Advertisement

nj alum Offline
Petulant

I Root For: william & mary
I know I've posted the stat in the past, but the Tribe's record against the Hens is beyond abysmal.

Just get a W ... any way they can get it .... style points and margin of victory are irrelevant ... this is an exorcism!!!
01-19-2015 08:55 PM
zablenoise Offline
Heisman

(01-19-2015 08:55 PM)nj alum Wrote:  I know I've posted the stat in the past, but the Tribe's record against the Hens is beyond abysmal.

Just get a W ... any way they can get it .... style points and margin of victory are irrelevant ... this is an exorcism!!!
I just looked at our record. Holy ****. It doesn't make any sense. It's not like Delaware is any good and Ross may be the worst coach in the conference. That kind of record is truly baffling.
01-19-2015 09:09 PM
wml33t Online
1st String

I Root For: William and Mar
Anyone clear on what the streaming options are from UD? Can't tell if it's free or pay, their site is a bit confusing.
01-20-2015 10:04 AM
tribe_pride Offline
1st String

I Root For: W&M
I think at a minimum all conference games are free beginning this year.
01-20-2015 10:17 AM
billymac Offline
Heisman

Hey Tribal,

I'm not making the trip this week (the final year is sort of hit and miss), but here is what I have on the Blue Hens.

Blue Hen Notes:

• Topped Towson 67-64 in OT for their second straight win before losing 66-62 to Drexel on Saturday.

• 6’2” Freshman G Kory Holden averaged 15.5 ppg and 6.0 apg last week, including a team-high 24 points and 6 assists vs TU. He’s 9th in the CAA in scoring (12.8 ppg) and 3rd in assists, and has eight double-digit efforts in the past 11 games. He had six more assists versus Drexel.

• 6’4” Soph. G Cazmon Hayes has been playing well lately. He had 12 points and a career-high 8 rebounds vs. TU and scored 10 vs. DU. He’s averaging 11.3 ppg and 6.3 rpg over his past three contests.

• 6’7” Freshman F Chivarsky Corbett scored a team-high 15 points off the bench vs. DU on Saturday. It was his most points since Dec. 22 and his 8th game in double digits this season. He also had 6 boards from his guard/forward spot.

• 6’3” Senior G Kyle Anderson added 12 points vs. Towson. He’s UD’s all-time 3-point leader with 239. Anderson has scored double figures in nine of his 10 games this season and is averaging a team-best 14.0 ppg.

• 6’7” Junior F Marvin King-Davis chipped in 9 points and 4 rebounds vs. Towson and is averaging 10.5 ppg and 5.8 rpg over his last 4 games.

The Blue Hens do struggle on offense, especially when Anderson or Holden have an off night. They are VERY guard centric on offense. They are not strong rebounders, but King-Davis is a battler. They had only 8 players dressed on Saturday.

Tribe Bits:

• W&M shot very well last week, including 55.1% from the floor, 52.6% from three and 81.1% from the line. The Tribe has shot over 45% in all six of its CAA games, including four over 54%.

• W&M was 13-of-23 from three at Towson and has made 10 or more treys in four of its last five contests.

Thoughts: If the Tribe starts fast on Wednesday and gets a solid lead, the Hens will have a hard time coming from behind. Tribe will need to use their advantage on the boards to get points in the paint like they have the past two games.
01-20-2015 10:55 AM
Advertisement

LeadBolt Offline
All American

(01-20-2015 10:55 AM)billymac Wrote:  Hey Tribal,

I'm not making the trip this week (the final year is sort of hit and miss), but here is what I have on the Blue Hens.

Blue Hen Notes:

• Topped Towson 67-64 in OT for their second straight win before losing 66-62 to Drexel on Saturday.

• 6’2” Freshman G Kory Holden averaged 15.5 ppg and 6.0 apg last week, including a team-high 24 points and 6 assists vs TU. He’s 9th in the CAA in scoring (12.8 ppg) and 3rd in assists, and has eight double-digit efforts in the past 11 games. He had six more assists versus Drexel.

• 6’4” Soph. G Cazmon Hayes has been playing well lately. He had 12 points and a career-high 8 rebounds vs. TU and scored 10 vs. DU. He’s averaging 11.3 ppg and 6.3 rpg over his past three contests.

• 6’7” Freshman F Chivarsky Corbett scored a team-high 15 points off the bench vs. DU on Saturday. It was his most points since Dec. 22 and his 8th game in double digits this season. He also had 6 boards from his guard/forward spot.

• 6’3” Senior G Kyle Anderson added 12 points vs. Towson. He’s UD’s all-time 3-point leader with 239. Anderson has scored double figures in nine of his 10 games this season and is averaging a team-best 14.0 ppg.

• 6’7” Junior F Marvin King-Davis chipped in 9 points and 4 rebounds vs. Towson and is averaging 10.5 ppg and 5.8 rpg over his last 4 games.

The Blue Hens do struggle on offense, especially when Anderson or Holden have an off night. They are VERY guard centric on offense. They are not strong rebounders, but King-Davis is a battler. They had only 8 players dressed on Saturday.

Tribe Bits:

• W&M shot very well last week, including 55.1% from the floor, 52.6% from three and 81.1% from the line. The Tribe has shot over 45% in all six of its CAA games, including four over 54%.

• W&M was 13-of-23 from three at Towson and has made 10 or more treys in four of its last five contests.

Thoughts: If the Tribe starts fast on Wednesday and gets a solid lead, the Hens will have a hard time coming from behind. Tribe will need to use their advantage on the boards to get points in the paint like they have the past two games.

I love seeing the statement above which I have bolded. Along with our shooting prowess and defense, that is a winning formula.
01-20-2015 11:08 AM
BigTribe Offline
2nd String

Team must focus on winning Delaware game...not be caught thinking ahead to the big Northeastern game Saturday afternoon and Hofstra next week.

Let's make sure we win this one on the road first, guys.
01-20-2015 12:24 PM
mrjoolius Offline
Hall of Famer

Not sure if I've ever seen the terms "Tribe" and "advantage on the boards" used together.
01-20-2015 01:32 PM
billymac Offline
Heisman

03-lol 03-2thumbsup
01-20-2015 02:15 PM
SoCal Frank Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Wm and Mary
There's the scent of overconfidence in the air. Get out the Glade and get real. A conference game on the road deserves the guys' full attention
01-20-2015 06:38 PM
Advertisement

zablenoise Offline
Heisman

(01-20-2015 06:38 PM)SoCal Frank Wrote:  There's the scent of overconfidence in the air. Get out the Glade and get real. A conference game on the road deserves the guys' full attention

Every game deserves every player's full attention but if we lose to a bad Delaware team that would raise some major red flags for the rest of the season.
01-20-2015 06:50 PM
TribePride91 Offline
All American

I Root For: W&M Tribe
(01-20-2015 06:50 PM)zablenoise Wrote:  
(01-20-2015 06:38 PM)SoCal Frank Wrote:  There's the scent of overconfidence in the air. Get out the Glade and get real. A conference game on the road deserves the guys' full attention

Every game deserves every player's full attention but if we lose to a bad Delaware team that would raise some major red flags for the rest of the season.

I would hope the loss to Elon eliminated any overconfidence for the rest of the season. Any road win is a good win.
01-20-2015 08:03 PM
nj alum Offline
Petulant

I Root For: william & mary

Based on the history of games between the schools, I expect a loss tomorrow, and it will not raise any major red flag for me.

A win, on the other hand, and something's brewing.
01-20-2015 09:32 PM
Tribeheart Offline
Heisman

(01-20-2015 09:32 PM)nj alum Wrote:  

Based on the history of games between the schools, I expect a loss tomorrow, and it will not raise any major red flag for me.

A win, on the other hand, and something's brewing.

On paper, with a less than full complement of young players, no size advantage, and only two returning players in Anderson and King-Davis, a loss would raise a red flag for me that we haven't developed mentally to where we should be at this point.

Key is not letting Delaware stay close well into the second half and giving them the confidence to somehow win. Gotta start both halves like we mean it on the defensive end.
(This post was last modified: 01-20-2015 09:51 PM by Tribeheart.)
01-20-2015 09:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.