Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

This week's bracketology
Bookmark and Share
Ryuzaki51 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: William & Mary
This week's bracketology
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketba...ration/203

Look who just got added! Still a ways to go, but its nice to get some recognition. Also interesting to note that W&M at 13 is the highest seed the CAA bid has been given thus far.
01-19-2015 04:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Paulbintheburg Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Tribe
RE: This week's bracketology
(01-19-2015 04:20 PM)Ryuzaki51 Wrote:  http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketba...ration/203

Look who just got added! Still a ways to go, but its nice to get some recognition. Also interesting to note that W&M at 13 is the highest seed the CAA bid has been given thus far.

Joe Lunardi has 3 VA schools in the same part of the bracket, is he just being lazy?
01-19-2015 07:29 PM
Tribester Offline
Banned

I Root For: W&M
Beat VCU
Beat Seton Hall
Beat UVA
Beat Maryland

Final Four BABY!!!

Like Jim Carrey once said, "So you're saying there's a chance" :)
01-19-2015 07:40 PM
WMInTheBurg Offline
All American

(01-19-2015 07:29 PM)Paulbintheburg Wrote:  
(01-19-2015 04:20 PM)Ryuzaki51 Wrote:  http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketba...ration/203

Joe Lunardi has 3 VA schools in the same part of the bracket, is he just being lazy?

Wouldn't you, if you were putting a bracket projection together in January? I mean, it's as valuable as college football rankings in August.
01-20-2015 12:00 AM
Sitting bull Offline
All American

How depressing, if all were to come as hoped.

You wait 80 years to go to the tourney and once you finally cross the bar, your opponent is VCU. Gross.
01-20-2015 06:51 AM
Paulbintheburg Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Tribe
(01-20-2015 12:00 AM)TribeInTheBurg Wrote:  
(01-19-2015 07:29 PM)Paulbintheburg Wrote:  

Wouldn't you, if you were putting a bracket projection together in January? I mean, it's as valuable as college football rankings in August.

No I wouldn't, because I do not pay attention to CFB rankings in August or lazily put together bracketology in January.

Like my grandmother used t say "If you are going to do something, do it right, or do not do it at all".
01-20-2015 07:13 AM
Advertisement

tribe_pride Offline
1st String

Since UVA is currently a definite 1 and VCU and W&M make sense around 4 and 13, what is lazy about the bracketology? From my understanding, they try to make it so teams don't travel too far if possible around their rankings so relatively local matchups happen early on.

And this is not like an August CFB ranking. This is more than midway through the season and you can tell about where things are heading. There will still be plenty of adjustments but you can make a reasonable bracketology at this time.

It seems that you are complaining just to complain because it is the in thing to do .
01-20-2015 07:37 AM
WMInTheBurg Offline
All American

(01-20-2015 07:37 AM)tribe_pride Wrote:  Since UVA is currently a definite 1 and VCU and W&M make sense around 4 and 13, what is lazy about the bracketology? From my understanding, they try to make it so teams don't travel too far if possible around their rankings so relatively local matchups happen early on.

And this is not like an August CFB ranking. This is more than midway through the season and you can tell about where things are heading. There will still be plenty of adjustments but you can make a reasonable bracketology at this time.

It seems that you are complaining just to complain because it is the in thing to do .

The NIT tries to avoid travel and encourages local matchups. The NCAA doesn't care about any of that.
01-20-2015 08:20 AM
TribePride91 Offline
All American

I Root For: W&M Tribe
(01-20-2015 07:37 AM)tribe_pride Wrote:  Since UVA is currently a definite 1 and VCU and W&M make sense around 4 and 13, what is lazy about the bracketology? From my understanding, they try to make it so teams don't travel too far if possible around their rankings so relatively local matchups happen early on.

The bracket we want to be in is on March 10th, the morning following the CAA Championship game. The only exciting thing is it is the first time in the ESPN and CBS brackets we have been included all year(#15 seed vs. Kansas in the CBS one). The next 4 games will really tell if we are a legitimate contender for the regular season title. 2 road games in places where we have traditionally struggled along with 2 big home games. If the Tribe can keep winning, the current slim at large hopes would increase a little. Northeastern's loss yesterday likely means the Tribe is the only team with any at large hopes and it would take 11-1 the rest of the year for there to be a chance. Still up to #82(90 in ESPN) this morning.
01-20-2015 08:23 AM
LeadBolt Offline
All American

(01-20-2015 06:51 AM)Sitting bull Wrote:  How depressing, if all were to come as hoped.

You wait 80 years to go to the tourney and once you finally cross the bar, your opponent is VCU. Gross.

If we cross the bar the opponent is largely immaterial. The only way that it matters to me is that our opponent is someone that gives us a chance to advance. VCU could be an opponent that gives us a chance to advance as they are a known quantity to our coaching staff.
01-20-2015 10:13 AM
Rocco Offline
All American

I Root For: William and Mar
(01-20-2015 08:20 AM)TribeInTheBurg Wrote:  

The NIT tries to avoid travel and encourages local matchups. The NCAA doesn't care about any of that.

Not entirely. They try to keep the higher seeds closer to home. This doesn't always work, especially in years where there are no good teams out west and someone from the east has to play in Boise, but they try. I certainly wouldn't be that upset if they ended up playing UVA or VCU, because those two teams are likely to get seeding priority and would end up at Charlotte which is the closest of the regional sites.
01-20-2015 12:15 PM
Advertisement

Rocco Offline
All American

I Root For: William and Mar
(01-20-2015 06:51 AM)Sitting bull Wrote:  How depressing, if all were to come as hoped.

Beggars, choosers, etc.
01-20-2015 12:15 PM
Tribal Offline

In 2013, UVA was the #1 seed and played in Raleigh. Undeserving 13 seed Delaware played #4 Michigan State in Spokane, Washington.

Win the damn CAAT and I swear I'll fly to Doha to watch our first NCAAT game. Just win the CAAT, PLEASE !!!!!!!
01-20-2015 03:02 PM
tribe_pride Offline
1st String

Here is a matrix of a lot of brackets which I find interesting but does not always get immediately updated (maybe once daily at the end of the day?). http://www.bracketmatrix.com/

Note that it also puts the date of the update so I assume if we win on Wednesday and then especially Saturday, we'll move ahead of Northeastern on more updates that update after yesterday's games - so starting today. Hofstra should also lose more picks too as they are in for most of the ones that were updated 5-7 days ago since they were undefeated in conference then.
01-20-2015 03:42 PM
Tribal Offline

I think we're getting ahead of ourselves. We need to win the CAAT -I don't see the CAA as two bid conference because no CAA team did much against OOC opponents and there is no clear frontrunner right now. We need to keep momentum going and win a few games in Baltimore. In other words, don't leave it to the judges.
01-20-2015 05:31 PM
zablenoise Offline
Heisman

(01-20-2015 03:42 PM)tribe_pride Wrote:  Here is a matrix of a lot of brackets which I find interesting but does not always get immediately updated (maybe once daily at the end of the day?). http://www.bracketmatrix.com/

Note that it also puts the date of the update so I assume if we win on Wednesday and then especially Saturday, we'll move ahead of Northeastern on more updates that update after yesterday's games - so starting today. Hofstra should also lose more picks too as they are in for most of the ones that were updated 5-7 days ago since they were undefeated in conference then.

One of those brackets has no CAA teams...they do know we get an autobid right?
01-20-2015 05:36 PM
Advertisement

TribePride91 Offline
All American

I Root For: W&M Tribe
(01-20-2015 05:31 PM)Tribal Wrote:  I think we're getting ahead of ourselves. We need to win the CAAT -I don't see the CAA as two bid conference because no CAA team did much against OOC opponents and there is no clear frontrunner right now. We need to keep momentum going and win a few games in Baltimore. In other words, don't leave it to the judges.

Absolutely. I am sure Coach Shaver has the team focused on Delaware only, or perhaps, at most, 2 opponents in preparation. If the Tribe is to be something special, they began it at UNC and at home against UNCW. Marcus is a truly special player and at times needs to carry the team, but what will make this team championship worthy is contributions from everyone(Omar, Tarpey, Dixon, Sheldon/Whitman, Malinowski, Tot, Schlotman and Marcus). In our best efforts of the season, we have seen great passing, great defensive rebounding effort, good shooting and solid free throws. We need to win as many of the remaining 12 games pre-tourney as possible. Based on Tribe history, we have 8 remaining games that the Tribe has struggled to win in the past.(all the road games, and the next 2 home games). Should we be able to win and continue to improve over the next 3 four game sets, we will be where the team wants to be going into March. Ever since March 10, 2014, there has been a singular focus on March 2015. Nothing we post will change that for any true Tribe fan, player or coach.

It is a CAA championship that is the goal, but a 25-7 or 24-8 season with at large invitation would be the only palatable consolation prize. Tomorrow night, revenge on the Blue Hen uniforms in a place where we have had little success.
(This post was last modified: 01-20-2015 05:50 PM by TribePride91.)
01-20-2015 05:49 PM
tribe_pride Offline
1st String

Nobody is arguing that this is for an at large invite. If you look, none of the pickers have said that there will be more than 1 team from the CAA and I think we all agree that is reasonable.

It is interesting to see though what others think our seed would be if we got the autobid. As of now, we have 3 thoughts for 13 seed, 2 thoughts for 14 seed and 2 thoughts for 15 seed with 24 picks for Northeastern, 23 for Hofstra and 1 for nobody from the CAA - maybe ODU? Note again that the picks go all the way back to last week depending on when they were last updated and through yesterday's updates. Wouldn't be surprised if we get more of Hofstra and Northeastern picks since NU lost yesterday.

Remember that we are fans and not the players. We can have these discussions. It's fun to be in the discussion.
(This post was last modified: 01-20-2015 06:00 PM by tribe_pride.)
01-20-2015 05:59 PM
mrjoolius Offline
Hall of Famer

Really we are playing towards having a winning season, obviously. But the key is to be be healthy & peaking going into the CAA tournament. Also, having that good record and securing a 1st round bye is also important. Every game we see little glimpses of what this team can be. If the consistency of those performances increases, they can beat anything this league can throw at them
01-20-2015 06:29 PM
Tribal Offline

Speaking for myself, of course, but I'm anxious because I could literally feel the CAA Title last year and to watch it fall off the cliff like that. Now, my anxiety is on full tilt because I think this is THE year and we may not have such favorable circumstances for another 80 years.

I'm not sure my heart can take that 2013-2014 level of disappointment again.
(This post was last modified: 01-20-2015 06:47 PM by Tribal.)
01-20-2015 06:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.