Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

USC 4-0 in Bball???
Bookmark and Share
raptorcox Offline
NBA Moderator

I Root For: USC Gamecocks

Crappies

OK, Odom did at least get us into a tourney we could win, I fear that even the Maui Classic would have been tough this year (Villanova got upset by Chaminade, btw)

I just hope we give Clemson fits next week - we need a win from ANY program right now.
11-25-2003 06:41 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Galactus Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

If they keep playing like this, anything can happen. Really hope we can beat Clemson, though.

I was stunned that we beat SWMS, to be honest. I thought playing in Kansas City would intimidate our guys, but apparently not. Sounds like they shot the lights out......

We need Ro back, though. Rebounding is tough for us...
11-25-2003 11:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
raptorcox Offline
NBA Moderator

Crappies

I think we might go 7-0 thru Clemson (then might slip against Tigers and then Temple)
11-26-2003 06:40 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Galactus Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

I'm really surprised they won this tournament.

The thing is, I haven't seen (or even heard) them play, so I have no idea what to expect when they finally appear on TV versus Clemson.

Sounds like we're going to be one of those teams where if we're hot, we could upset anybody.....but if we're not, we could get crushed.
11-26-2003 01:33 PM
raptorcox Offline
NBA Moderator

Crappies

Galactus Wrote:Sounds like we're going to be one of those teams where if we're hot, we could upset anybody.....but if we're not, we could get crushed.
"We shall live by the three and die by the three" (it looks early on like Odom finally got some flamethrowers he wanted)
11-26-2003 09:35 PM
Advertisement

Drakeman Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

We shot poorly from behind the arc & from the field in general vs Campbell, but still managed a 29 point win.

We're 6-0 now & if we take care of business next Wed in Charleston we should head up to UPC w/ a 7-0 record. A win up there would be owe so sweet. 04-rock
11-30-2003 03:25 PM
Cockaboose Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Before the season started some "fans" on the message boards were saying that this was not going to be a good year for the Gamecock basketball squad and that we need to fire Dave Odom. We still may have a mediocore or bad season, but the way the young talent has played so far in building a 6-0 record it looks like they are in better shape than most thought. :eek:
12-01-2003 02:13 PM
Drakeman Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

What I like the most 'boose is how Odom has recruited more athletic players so we can speed up the tempo. The main reason I like it is because so many people said all Odom knows is a boring, slow paced style of play.

I'm sure we'll struggle with the more difficult teams & lose more than our share, but at this point I'm pleased with the style that Odom & staff are attempting to implement.
12-02-2003 01:01 AM
raptorcox Offline
NBA Moderator

Crappies

Cockaboose Wrote:Before the season started some "fans" on the message boards were saying that this was not going to be a good year for the Gamecock basketball squad and that we need to fire Dave Odom. We still may have a mediocore or bad season, but the way the young talent has played so far in building a 6-0 record it looks like they are in better shape than most thought. :eek:
Wait until the SEC schedule before you call out those "fans"
12-02-2003 06:30 AM
Advertisement

Drakeman Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

raptorcox Wrote:
Cockaboose Wrote:Before the season started some "fans" on the message boards were saying that this was not going to be a good year for the Gamecock basketball squad and that we need to fire Dave Odom.  We still may have a mediocore or bad season, but the way the young talent has played so far in building a 6-0 record it looks like they are in better shape than most thought. :eek:
Wait until the SEC schedule before you call out those "fans"
True, but as I stated above, I like the fact that Odom is doing what so many people said he either couldn't, or wouldn't, & that's play a more up-tempo, exciting style of ball. Those fans are already wrong about that. It may not translate into a much better season, but at least he & his staff have appear to have identified a problem & are attempting to take corrective measures. Even you should give him some credit for that. I think if he sticks with this plan he can improve the talent level through recruiting over the next couple of years. I'm just not sure if fans are willing to wait that long. Impatience is our biggest enemy, & the job of building USC's hoops program is probably a lot tougher than most realize.
12-02-2003 02:38 PM
raptorcox Offline
NBA Moderator

Crappies

Drake, the main problem I have with Odom is his dodging the Great Alaskan Shootout, he might have done the right thing - but I think national exposure and the travel experience would have helped more than the Kansas City Guardian's Classic.
12-03-2003 06:32 AM
Cockaboose Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

I think Odom made the right choice with the Guardian Classic tournament, at least for this year's team. We don't have the strong inside game to get a lot of wins in the SEC this year, so with the young talent that he has, these early season wins will boost their confidence going into SEC play.
12-03-2003 08:35 AM
Nature Boy Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Forgive me if I don't get too excited rap. Remember it's only December. 03-wink
12-03-2003 12:00 PM
Advertisement

raptorcox Offline
NBA Moderator

Crappies

Nature Boy Wrote:Forgive me if I don't get too excited rap. Remember it's only December. 03-wink
Point taken 03-razz

BTW, 7-0 :)
12-04-2003 06:12 AM
Drakeman Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Nature Boy Wrote:Forgive me if I don't get too excited rap. Remember it's only December. 03-wink
Whayasay Champ!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :wave:
12-04-2003 10:16 AM
Drakeman Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

raptorcox Wrote:Drake, the main problem I have with Odom is his dodging the Great Alaskan Shootout, he might have done the right thing - but I think national exposure and the travel experience would have helped more than the Kansas City Guardian's Classic.
That's possible, & if we were good enough to win the Guardians then maybe we would have done better in Alaska then most of us thought.

Whatever the case, bring on the Tigers!! Hopefully we can get some payback!! (hopefully, Brown will be reinstated)
12-04-2003 10:20 AM
Nature Boy Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO! What's up Drake and Rap?! After Saturday I'm starting to get Gamecock basketball fever. I guess I am just now getting over the football loss to UPC. GO COCKS! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
12-08-2003 11:19 AM
Advertisement

Drakeman Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

I don't know if I'll ever get over 63-17, but winning the hoops game cuts into it a little.

Good to see Odom go up to portajohn & walk that aisle!
12-08-2003 02:07 PM
Drakeman Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Temple is looking like a very winnable game, so maybe we'll need to start a new thread w/ an updated record. 03-cool
12-11-2003 12:06 PM
1st and Goal Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Drakeman Wrote:Temple is looking like a very winnable game, so maybe we'll need to start a new thread w/ an updated record.  03-cool
I saw king somewhar 'round these parts :bang: maybe he can bring the RR over here. 03-puke
12-11-2003 04:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.