UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Anyone else contacted personally by Fox Sports about the UAB situation?
jodyhaskins Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UAB
Anyone else contacted personally by Fox Sports about the UAB situation?
I have received an email from a producer with Fox Sports. Apparently they are looking for some concrete documentation of some sort that can prove the conspiracy behind the shutting down of the UAB football program. I am happy to talk to him but all I can give him is my opinion based on a boatload of circumstantial evidence. If anybody on this board has or knows anybody that has any hard evidence of the conspiracy, please private message me and let me know if you would like me to pass your contact information on to this producer.
12-18-2014 04:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GreenMississippi Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB / VCU
RE: Anyone else contacted personally by Fox Sports about the UAB situation?
People used to do investigative reporting...

I mean, what are they looking for? Recorded phone calls between PBJ and Watts? We can't even find the records of how much Carr Sports was paid.
12-18-2014 04:49 PM
ThankUBasedQuad Offline
Water Engineer

Give them links to FREEUAB articles in the above thread as well as articles about The OCS proposal.
12-18-2014 04:54 PM
dblaze Offline
2nd String

Its not much for proof but:

The governor (and BOT chair) was on record saying twice that was the boards decision; however, once the decision was made he stated that it was solely the president's decision and now refuses to answer questions on the matter.

So was it truly the president's decision or the boards decision (and SACS infraction)?
12-18-2014 04:59 PM
mixduptransistor Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-18-2014 04:41 PM)jodyhaskins Wrote:  I have received an email from a producer with Fox Sports. Apparently they are looking for some concrete documentation of some sort that can prove the conspiracy behind the shutting down of the UAB football program. I am happy to talk to him but all I can give him is my opinion based on a boatload of circumstantial evidence. If anybody on this board has or knows anybody that has any hard evidence of the conspiracy, please private message me and let me know if you would like me to pass your contact information on to this producer.

Get them in touch with ATTALLABLAZE, he can get them on the right track.
12-18-2014 05:01 PM
GreenMississippi Offline
Heisman

12-18-2014 05:09 PM
Advertisement

Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
If anyone had concrete proof, I think it would be out there already. There is no such thing as concrete proof anymore. People associated with Alabama and the SEC know how to get things done without leaving a trail. Fox Sports should know this already. It sounds like they may actually be wanting to do a story about the conspiracy theories being some nuts on the internet.
12-18-2014 05:09 PM
legalblazer Offline
1st String

I agree with MB, beware the trap.

If they can't see this for what it is, then they are working a different angle.
12-18-2014 05:15 PM
Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB, N'Western
(12-18-2014 04:59 PM)dblaze Wrote:  Its not much for proof but:

The governor (and BOT chair) was on record saying twice that was the boards decision; however, once the decision was made he stated that it was solely the president's decision and now refuses to answer questions on the matter.

So was it truly the president's decision or the boards decision (and SACS infraction)?

There's one of your "smoking guns" right there. Now as of last week, "pa kettle" has no comment on the matter and is blocking his Twitter page.
12-18-2014 05:31 PM
BlazerFire Offline
1st String

(12-18-2014 05:31 PM)Matrix Wrote:  

There's one of your "smoking guns" right there. Now as of last week, "pa kettle" has no comment on the matter and is blocking his Twitter page.
This one situation alone - warrants an investigation.
12-18-2014 05:38 PM
WesternBlazer Offline
Hall of Famer

Non-disclosure agreements abound... Point him to the 40-page faculty senate stuff.
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2014 05:43 PM by WesternBlazer.)
12-18-2014 05:43 PM
Advertisement

demiveeman Offline
Heisman

BlazerTalk Award
I no longer have any comments to make regarding this issue.
12-18-2014 05:46 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(12-18-2014 05:46 PM)demiveeman Wrote:  I no longer have any comments to make regarding this issue.

Always knew you could be bought 03-lmfao
12-18-2014 06:01 PM
Agent Orange Sauce Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UAB Rifle
It's very simple, and all of this is on record and available on the Internet...
—The BOT has opposed football and the growth of student life at UAB from the beginning.
—The BOT didn't want UAB hiring Gene Bartow.
—Gene Bartow clashed with UAT and the BOT and accused Bear Bryant of cheating.
—UAB defeated UAT 58-56 in men's basketball in the NIT. The programs have not played before or since.
—Bear Bryant said UAB would never have a football team as long as he lived. He died. UAB got football.
—The BOT felt deceived that football jumped from club to D-III to D-I.
—Former Alabama coach Bill Curry said UAB had no business playing football.
—The BOT felt insulted when UAB opened D-I against Auburn.
—The BOT did everything in its power to hinder the growth of UAB football.
—The BOT got rid of pro-football UAB president Ann Reynolds.
—The next UAB president, Carol Garrison, gave the BOT the finger and launched an aggressive plan to expand undergraduate growth at the same time the City of Birmingham was getting its act together downtown.
—UAB football coach Watson Brown quit because the BOT got the best of him.
—The BOT wouldn't allow UAB to promote UAB offensive coordinator and Auburn legend Pat Sullivan to head coach.
—The BOT called an emergency session to block the hire of Jimbo Fisher.
—The BOT had a closed-door session in 2011 then wouldn't even allow the on-campus stadium to be discussed in a formal meeting.
—The BOT went on record saying football at UAB was bad for the state.
—The BOT Finis St. John wrote a disturbingly offensive letter to the UAB alumni society that was basically a threat.
—The BOT forced out pro-UAB president Carol Garrison.
—The BOT put in place pro-Bama UAB president Ray Watts.
—Pro-Bama UAB president Ray Watts has operated in secret to carry out the BOT's agenda of rolling back the undergraduate gains made by Reynolds and Garrison.
—That agenda started with the killing of UAB football.
—After years and years and years of the BOTs hatred for UAB football, Watts said he acted alone in killing football.
—Governor Bentley said the BOT killed UAB football.
—Governor Bentley backtracked and said Watts acted alone.
—Governor Bentley will not go on record anymore about UAB football.
—BOT Paul Bryant Jr. is the most powerful man in the state, pays Governor Bentley, funded the resurgence of UA football .... and wants UAB dead and UAB returned to commuter school status of the 1980s. (See editorial in Tuscaloosa News on Dec.4).
—UAB and Birmingham decided enough was enough and a unified and grassroots movement (#FreeUAB) was launched to save the city.
—It will not end until Watts is gone, the BOT is reformed, UAB football is restored and a stadium is built on Southside.
—Go Blazers. Ever faithful.
12-18-2014 06:38 PM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

(12-18-2014 06:01 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  
(12-18-2014 05:46 PM)demiveeman Wrote:  I no longer have any comments to make regarding this issue.

Always knew you could be bought 03-lmfao

We are all Blazers!
12-18-2014 06:47 PM
dblaze Offline
2nd String

(12-18-2014 05:38 PM)BlazerFire Wrote:  
(12-18-2014 05:31 PM)Matrix Wrote:  

This one situation alone - warrants an investigation.

Governor Bentley needs to be put under oath (hopefully) for the truth to come out. I'm not sure if that can happen in a SACS investigation though, and he could always perjure himself.

His previous comments say one of two things about Bentley, and neither one is good. 1) either he was ignorant of what was going on, and being incompetent might reflect poorly on him. 2) he was party to this and it was SACS violation.

I really think that this fact needs to be picked up by the media and pounded over and over again so he is pressured to give his account.
12-18-2014 06:47 PM
Advertisement

58-56 Offline
Blazer Revolutionary

I Root For: Fire Ray Watts

BlazerTalk Award
(12-18-2014 05:09 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  If anyone had concrete proof, I think it would be out there already. There is no such thing as concrete proof anymore. People associated with Alabama and the SEC know how to get things done without leaving a trail. Fox Sports should know this already. It sounds like they may actually be wanting to do a story about the conspiracy theories being some nuts on the internet.

I agree.
12-18-2014 06:52 PM
GreenMississippi Offline
Heisman

(12-18-2014 06:52 PM)58-56 Wrote:  
(12-18-2014 05:09 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  If anyone had concrete proof, I think it would be out there already. There is no such thing as concrete proof anymore. People associated with Alabama and the SEC know how to get things done without leaving a trail. Fox Sports should know this already. It sounds like they may actually be wanting to do a story about the conspiracy theories being some nuts on the internet.

I agree.

But we gotta at least give them a reason why we believe the conspiracy. You can tell them you're not gonna find signed documents or recorded phone calls without a subpoena or a warrant, but do give FoxSports the BoT's own words.
12-18-2014 07:06 PM
58-56 Offline
Blazer Revolutionary

I Root For: Fire Ray Watts

BlazerTalk Award
(12-18-2014 07:06 PM)GreenMississippi Wrote:  
(12-18-2014 06:52 PM)58-56 Wrote:  

I agree.

But we gotta at least give them a reason why we believe the conspiracy. You can tell them you're not gonna find signed documents or recorded phone calls without a subpoena or a warrant, but do give FoxSports the BoT's own words.

Sorry, I should have trimmed the quote - I agree the potential story could well be about green-and-gold nutbirds.
12-18-2014 07:18 PM
CajunBlazer Offline
1st String

Tell them that the good ole boys who control the BOT are mean and vengeful, but they are not stupid enough to leave "concrete" evidence laying around and they tie up anyone who can tell the real story in NDA's. However, the BOT rulers are arrogant as hell so they don't mind that they have left behind a trail of circumstantial evidence a mile wide over the years. They really don't care what anyone thinks about them as long as it can't be proved. This isn't a story about little gray men from out of space; any reporter who is shown the circumstantial evidence and can't come to a reasonable conclusion should find a new line of work.
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2014 07:36 PM by CajunBlazer.)
12-18-2014 07:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.