Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bad 16 point win versus Davidson?
Bookmark and Share
Dukester Offline

I Root For: JMU
Bad 16 point win versus Davidson?
I know it sounds funny, but Davidson lost to Rutgers by 56 and USC by 35 earlier this season. We picked a good game to not play our best......
12-07-2014 04:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DolleyMadison Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU Dukes
RE: Bad 16 point win versus Davidson?
(12-07-2014 04:41 PM)Dukester Wrote:  I know it sounds funny, but Davidson lost to Rutgers by 56 and USC by 35 earlier this season. We picked a good game to not play our best......

Seriously, did you start two threads to complain about wins by our basketball programs today?

03-banghead
12-07-2014 04:44 PM
Dukester Offline

(12-07-2014 04:44 PM)DolleyMadison Wrote:  
(12-07-2014 04:41 PM)Dukester Wrote:  I know it sounds funny, but Davidson lost to Rutgers by 56 and USC by 35 earlier this season. We picked a good game to not play our best......

Seriously, did you start two threads to complain about wins by our basketball programs today?

03-banghead

Just disregard - you don't get it. Everything is great about everything accept unless you perceive ODU is doing something better.

Really was not a bad thread. Was actually saying we're good enough to be able to want more.

Let me know the next time you head to Kentucky to follow a JMU Women's NIT game.....
12-07-2014 04:55 PM
Advertisement

bjk3047 Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU DUKES.
Gotta say, I'm kinda with Dolley. Pretty hard to ever call a 16 point win on the road at an A-10 school a 'bad' win...
12-07-2014 09:54 PM
Longhorn Offline
Hall of Famer

Don't pull a muscle reaching Dukester. ;-)
12-07-2014 10:26 PM
Advertisement

POTUS#4 Offline
1st String

(12-07-2014 10:26 PM)Longhorn Wrote:  Don't pull a muscle reaching Dukester. ;-)

There's always a method to his madness. 03-confused I think.

I do feel like this team has shown a tendency to play to the level of competition. That will come back to bite you eventually. As I said the other day, they don't seem to have a killer instinct yet.

I'm really curious to see what happens when they add the transfer in a week. Are there any insiders on here who can tell us what to expect. My assumption is that she will see plenty of minutes, but that's purely a guess.
12-07-2014 10:45 PM
POTUS#4 Offline
1st String

(12-07-2014 09:54 PM)bjk3047 Wrote:  Gotta say, I'm kinda with Dolley. Pretty hard to ever call a 16 point win on the road at an A-10 school a 'bad' win...

Well, he did use a question mark, so maybe he's still open to the idea that it was a good win. 03-wink It looks like JMU opened up a big lead early and then put it in cruise control the rest of the way.

I'll just say that Davidson appears to be pretty bad - right at the bottom of the A-10. And the A-10 thing isn't really relevant like it would be in MBB - JMU would easily be the best team in the A-10 right now.
12-07-2014 10:57 PM
Advertisement

NH/JMU Saxkow Offline
1st String

(12-07-2014 04:55 PM)Dukester Wrote:  
(12-07-2014 04:44 PM)DolleyMadison Wrote:  

03-banghead

Just disregard - you don't get it. Everything is great about everything accept unless you perceive ODU is doing something better.

Really was not a bad thread. Was actually saying we're good enough to be able to want more.

Let me know the next time you head to Kentucky to follow a JMU Women's NIT game.....

You do realize that the first word you put in the title was "Bad"... 03-wink
12-08-2014 06:32 AM
maggiemay_JMU Offline
2nd String

I was at the Davidson game yesterday. Interesting game. JMU came out smoking and got out to a big lead. Davidson got hot at the end of first half and closed to within 9 at halftime. I have a feeling the JMU locker room was a little warm during halftime - I am sure Coach was not happy with their play in sections of the first half. Davidson seemed to wake up during halftime and got off to a good start in the second half - got to within 5. Then JMU turned on some afterburners and the next thing you knew JMU was up by 16. Finished strong and came home with the win.

I see flashes of brilliance in this team but I wish they could find their killer instinct. I think they will be a force to be reckoned with and I have confidence in the coaching staff to keep them motivated and keep the pressure on during the conference season.

Precious scored her 1000th point (and more) and Jazmon moved past Coach Jen Brown in the blocked shots list.

Regarding Ashley, she will be able to play starting with the next game so hopefully we will be able to see her play in the Hampton game on December 20. I sat with her at dinner last night and I know she is excited about finally being able to play in a game.

I think it is great that almost everyone seems to be playing significant minutes. That should help with the fatigue factor come tournament time and also will keep us in pretty good shape should someone get injured. There were a couple of scary moments in yesterday's game when Jazmon and Precious went down but I think both are okay.

Wishing all the student athletes the best as they go through their exams this week.
12-08-2014 07:00 AM
Deez Nuts Offline
Moderator. Go Dukes!

I Root For: the Dukes
i miss the old, happy dukester
12-08-2014 08:45 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.