yes or no?
06-25-2004 12:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

cbfranchise3 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

No. They just don't have the tools right now. I went to the Illinois-OSU game three years ago, and that was the last season they were decent. Once they lost Kittner, it was over for them.
06-26-2004 10:29 AM
BTGumby Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

No. Turner can't recruit Defensive players. Its always been his downfall. He would be an awesome OC for some other team but Illinois will never win unless they get a defensive-minded HC. they will give up 30 points plaus this year and win 2 games. Turner will be fired. Ohio State wins the BT followed by Michigan and Wisconsin. Also bowling will be Iowa, Minnesota and Purdue. No bowl for Northwestern, MSU and fighting for last place will be Indiana and Illinois. :chair:
06-27-2004 12:19 AM
Advertisement

MichiFan Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Illinois has a reasonable chance of going 6-5 next year. The talent of these players isn't all that different from the 2001 team. Seriously.

The 3 OOC games, WMU, UCLA, and FAMU are all very winnable - the Bruins only won 6-3 last year in Pasadena, and they're going to be worse this year.

Indiana is a home game, and the Hoosiers are no more improved than the Illini.

Purdue is at home, and they don't have a defense, either, now.

Northwestern is also a very beatable team b/c their only real offensive threat is Noah Herron.... Jason Wright will be missed in Evanston.

A win in East Lansing isn't impossible, either.

Turner will probably still get canned, regardless.
06-27-2004 07:37 PM
cbfranchise3 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

MichiFan Wrote:Illinois has a reasonable chance of going 6-5 next year. The talent of these players isn't all that different from the 2001 team. Seriously.

The 3 OOC games, WMU, UCLA, and FAMU are all very winnable - the Bruins only won 6-3 last year in Pasadena, and they're going to be worse this year.

Indiana is a home game, and the Hoosiers are no more improved than the Illini.

Purdue is at home, and they don't have a defense, either, now.

Northwestern is also a very beatable team b/c their only real offensive threat is Noah Herron.... Jason Wright will be missed in Evanston.

A win in East Lansing isn't impossible, either.

Turner will probably still get canned, regardless.
True, they have a favorable schedule. But they will not 6 games this year. No way they beat Purdue or Michigan State. The other games are winnable, but they are also very losable. 4 wins would be a good season for this team.
06-27-2004 08:27 PM
Advertisement

Spartan05 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

MichiFan Wrote:A win in East Lansing isn't impossible, either.
for this team....yes it is :laugh: ... for Illini Football: a new coach is coming real soon. i say they'll finish in last with 3 wins and before the season ends or right after the season ends Turner is fired.
06-28-2004 03:09 AM
MichiFan Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

MSU will have problems w/o Smoker, and the Illini have a good offense w/ Beutjer and Halsey.

And why can't they beat Purdue???? They beat them in 2OT in 2002 at home, and next year both teams will be comparable to how they were in 2002 (Illinois was 5-7 that year w/ a good win @Wisconsin and Purdue was 7-6).
06-28-2004 04:28 PM
Advertisement

cbfranchise3 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

MichiFan Wrote:MSU will have problems w/o Smoker, and the Illini have a good offense w/ Beutjer and Halsey.

And why can't they beat Purdue???? They beat them in 2OT in 2002 at home, and next year both teams will be comparable to how they were in 2002 (Illinois was 5-7 that year w/ a good win @Wisconsin and Purdue was 7-6).
It just comes down to the Illini not having the talent. They have some solid players across the board, but not enough quite yet to contend.
06-28-2004 09:24 PM
firecapt_6 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Gumby, I am not sure it I should take your coments as derogatory as as a challenge? Anyway, Illini Football will be beter this year than last, I assure you and also I relize they do not have to go far to do that. Give the kids and the staff a chance. A National Championship, NOT, A winning season, you betcha! 04-drinky
07-13-2004 12:40 PM
cbfranchise3 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

I must say, Illinois has looked at times impressive this year, they gave a good Purdue team a run today. They have a future.
09-25-2004 10:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.