Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Beef thread
Bookmark and Share
Tintin Offline
1st String

I Root For: Charlotte
Beef thread
Pardon me for my ignorance these matters, but I have a couple of questions that I cant get answers for.

What is USM's beef with South Alabama?
Why do the Louisiana schools hate ULL so much?
Same question with UTEP and NMSU?

Is this athletic or something bigger?

Thank you for your answers.
12-04-2014 08:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MUsince96 Offline
All American

I Root For: Marshall
RE: Beef thread
[Image: 01fb41cc4f78d2c3ae5d2c911e7ac231.jpg]
12-04-2014 08:47 AM
MDH Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UNT, Fresno St
Just geographic rivals, compete for same players, money, attention, etc.
12-04-2014 08:49 AM
Advertisement

Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
(12-04-2014 08:45 AM)Tintin Wrote:  Pardon me for my ignorance these matters, but I have a couple of questions that I cant get answers for.

Would you want to be in a conference with Davidson?

(Although now that they're in a far better basketball league than us, I want to answer yes)
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2014 09:09 AM by Niner National.)
12-04-2014 09:09 AM
shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

I Root For: Southern Miss
We don't have beef with South Alabama, it just wouldn't make sense for us to want to add them to the conference and volunteer to have ANOTHER school to directly recruit against.

Plus we suck and they'd probably beat us every year.
12-04-2014 09:10 AM
Advertisement

pilot172000 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tech/ Bama
With ULL and Tech its not just an in state rival thing. It's a culture thing, its an acedemic thing, its a name thing, its a competition thing. South LA culture is all people know about Louisiana. North Louisiana people are totally different and often treated as second class citizens in Baton Rouge. ULL fans have always been tough to deal with for Tech fans as well. Plus we don't want to give away any advantages to a school we have successfully seperated ourselves from over the past 25 years. This is a small state with limited resources, so you have to fight for every little bit.
12-04-2014 09:25 AM
johnnylightnin Offline
Huh?

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
Beef thread

.jpg  ImageUploadedByCSNbbs1417705369.047019.jpg (Size: 166.74 KB / Downloads: 37)
12-04-2014 10:05 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Germdawg Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: LA TECH
(12-04-2014 08:45 AM)Tintin Wrote:  Pardon me for my ignorance these matters, but I have a couple of questions that I cant get answers for.

Not just Louisiana schools that don't like ULL, their was a poll at one time and they were the most despised of all the SBC schools. Usually goes back to their delusion to deal with reality, they seriously have fans that think they are a few years away from the inclusion/competing in the Big 12, when they haven't outright won the SBC Football Championship ever. And if you say anything you're a) scared of them, b)lsu lover, or c)called expletive

These are the same guys that have been fighting about their name for 20 years! But ignore that their Admin stripped $1MM out of their athletic budget to keep other departments afloat...
01-wingedeagle
12-04-2014 10:09 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SkullyMaroo Offline

I Root For: South Alabama
(12-04-2014 09:10 AM)shiftyeagle Wrote:  We don't have beef with South Alabama, it just wouldn't make sense for us to want to add them to the conference and volunteer to have ANOTHER school to directly recruit against.

You're directly competing against us for recruits already.
12-04-2014 10:22 AM
Advertisement

shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

I Root For: Southern Miss
(12-04-2014 10:22 AM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  
(12-04-2014 09:10 AM)shiftyeagle Wrote:  We don't have beef with South Alabama, it just wouldn't make sense for us to want to add them to the conference and volunteer to have ANOTHER school to directly recruit against.

You're directly competing against us for recruits already.

Somewhat yes, but why would we vote away one of our primary advantages over you (conference rep and strength). It's a marginal difference obviously, but a difference nonetheless.
12-04-2014 10:48 AM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
(12-04-2014 08:47 AM)MUsince96 Wrote:  [Image: 01fb41cc4f78d2c3ae5d2c911e7ac231.jpg]

I thought it was whats for dinner...05-stirthepot
12-04-2014 03:15 PM
comiceagle Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
(12-04-2014 10:09 AM)Germdawg Wrote:  

Not just Louisiana schools that don't like ULL, their was a poll at one time and they were the most despised of all the SBC schools. Usually goes back to their delusion to deal with reality, they seriously have fans that think they are a few years away from the inclusion/competing in the Big 12, when they haven't outright won the SBC Football Championship ever. And if you say anything you're a) scared of them, b)lsu lover, or c)called expletive

These are the same guys that have been fighting about their name for 20 years! But ignore that their Admin stripped $1MM out of their athletic budget to keep other departments afloat...
01-wingedeagle

I understand this much better now. I went to their board to post a thread about how I was pulling for them to be invited to CUSA. Before I posted I read a few threads.

I found out that CUSA would be a good stepping stone to the B12.

Southern Miss has SERIOUS financial problems and could end up like UAB even though we are so poor we're one of the few schools to ever fire a coach after one season. It took one plane trip for our poor asses to collect a 3 million dollar check and send eLLLLLLLLLLLLis packing.

I also found out the Rock is a BAD stadium. Even though we just put about 50 million into a new athletic center and suites and expanded the stadium. You know the stuff they're talking about doing that we just did. I guess when Arron Rogers said " this is as good a college football atmosphere as I've played in after his final regular season game for Cal he had never had the chance to go to Laffayette.

I left with a different opinion than what I showed up with. I'm now throwing my support behind University of Phoenix.
12-04-2014 04:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.