Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Ohio Game Thoughts
Bookmark and Share
7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

I Root For: NIU
Ohio Game Thoughts
Akeem Daniels. Akeem Daniels. Akeem Daniels. HuskieJohn tweeted it at me, he's our Mr. November/December. On a night where we had nothing on offense and Cam couldn't do a thing, that is point blank a game we do not win with out Akeem. His numbers weren't sexy (4/24 rushing, 2/46, TD receiving), but he played a huge role in both of the second half TD drives. Could not be happier for him. To sit out an entire year last year, come back as a 5th year senior, struggle as he has this year, for him to be rewarded with a performance like that is simply fantastic. Now hopefully they continue to use him in the passing game.

I've been as hard on Hare as anyone (as you all know), but I have absolutely zero complaints with how he's played the last three games. Since we've entered the real the meat of our schedule, he's played his best ball of the year. Has he been fantastic? No. Has he been sexy? No. Has he been rock solid? Yes. Every single time a play has needed to be made, he has made it. Credit to him.

How ballsy was that 4th quarter TD drive? Don't forget that drive started with a bull**** offensive PI so NIU was stuck in 1st and 25 in the cold, when they've done pretty much nothing all night. Again, huge credit goes to the huge offense. That's why they've won games this year. That's why they've won games the last 5 years. When the time comes to make a play, somebody makes it.

Chad Beebe. Never gonna be a star, but the dude is a winner. Biggest reception of the season and he runs a picture perfect route in the endzone.

Fantastic playcall on the boot for Hare on the last play of the game. First time NIU has run the boot in I don't know how long.

Another person who has been beaten down on here (and also by me) is Paris Logan. I think he's played his best two games of his career the last two games. He played a rock solid game today. He's been solid in coverage and even better tackling. If you go back and watch the CMU, he lost contain on the stretch play to Rawls multiple times and was just terrible. He's made huge improvement since then.

The defense, to only give up 14 points where the defensive hung them out to dry, it was impressive. That's three games this year (NU, Kent State, Ohio), that the defense pretty much won for NIU. When was the last time you could say that?

Two huge turnovers for NIU today too. When they needed them most, Broosky and I believe it was Boomer came up with gigantic plays. Once again, finding a way to win.

Wedel has been fantastic punting.

Yes, there are certainly some negatives. Way too many penalties, I thought the Maddie series in the 2nd half was dumb, and the offense line was hugely disappointing tonight. But guess what? One win away from Detroit.

I have no idea what's going to happen in Kalamazoo against Coach Turncoat and I hope Toledo wins tomorrow so that game is pretty much meaningless for WMU. I'll say this though, this team has showed time and time this year that they have balls. It may not be pretty, but somehow they find a way to win. I'll ride with these boys any day.

Lets go sink a ******* boat. Go Huskies.
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2014 11:31 PM by 7.)
11-18-2014 11:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bigdhuskie Offline
1st String

I Root For: niu, bears
RE: Ohio Game Thoughts
(11-18-2014 11:30 PM)7 Wrote:  Akeem Daniels. Akeem Daniels. Akeem Daniels. HuskieJohn tweeted it at me, he's our Mr. November/December. On a night where we had nothing on offense and Cam couldn't do a thing, that is point blank a game we do not win with out Akeem. His numbers weren't sexy (4/24 rushing, 2/46, TD receiving), but he played a huge role in both of the second half TD drives. Could not be happier for him. To sit out an entire year last year, come back as a 5th year senior, struggle as he has this year, for him to be rewarded with a performance like that is simply fantastic. Now hopefully they continue to use him in the passing game.

I've been as hard on Hare as anyone (as you all know), but I have absolutely zero complaints with how he's played the last three games. Since we've entered the real the meat of our schedule, he's played his best ball of the year. Has he been fantastic? No. Has he been sexy? No. Has he been rock solid? Yes. Every single time a play has needed to be made, he has made it. Credit to him.

How ballsy was that 4th quarter TD drive? Don't forget that drive started with a bull**** offensive PI so NIU was stuck in 1st and 25 in the cold, when they've done pretty much nothing all night. Again, huge credit goes to the huge offense. That's why they've won games this year. That's why they've won games the last 5 years. When the time comes to make a play, somebody makes it.

Chad Beebe. Never gonna be a star, but the dude is a winner. Biggest reception of the season and he runs a picture perfect route in the endzone.

Fantastic playcall on the boot for Hare on the last play of the game. First time NIU has run the boot in I don't know how long.

Another person who has been beaten down on here (and also by me) is Paris Logan. I think he's played his best two games of his career the last two games. He played a rock solid game today. He's been solid in coverage and even better tackling. If you go back and watch the CMU, he lost contain on the stretch play to Rawls multiple times and was just terrible. He's made huge improvement since then.

The defense, to only give up 14 points where the defensive hung them out to dry, it was impressive. That's three games this year (NU, Kent State, Ohio), that the defense pretty much won for NIU. When was the last time you could say that?

Two huge turnovers for NIU today too. When they needed them most, Broosky and I believe it was Boomer came up with gigantic plays. Once again, finding a way to win.

Yes, there are certainly some negatives. Way too many penalties, I thought the Maddie series in the 2nd half was dumb, and the offense line was hugely disappointing tonight. But guess what? One win away from Detroit.

I have no idea what's going to happen in Kalamazoo against Coach Turncoat and I hope Toledo wins tomorrow so that game is pretty much meaningless for WMU. I'll say this though, this team has showed time and time this year that they have balls. It may not be pretty, but somehow they find a way to win. I'll ride with these boys any day.

My thoughts:
1) Hare is not pretty , but somehow he gets the job done
2) give me more of Akeem, especially on quick sideline routes
3) hats off to our defense, creating pressure when needed
4) give me more DaRon B....get him the ball in space
5) our O line has underperformed this year, based on their veteran status and pre season hype
11-18-2014 11:37 PM
dekalb222 Offline
All American

I Root For: niu
In a three way tie, I assume the team with best over-all record plays in MACC.
11-18-2014 11:39 PM
7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

(11-18-2014 11:39 PM)dekalb222 Wrote:  In a three way tie, I assume the team with best over-all record plays in MACC.
NIU has to beat WMU to get to Detroit. There's literally no other way they get there.
11-18-2014 11:40 PM
dekalb222 Offline
All American

So, Toledo is out?
11-18-2014 11:47 PM
7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

(11-18-2014 11:47 PM)dekalb222 Wrote:  So, Toledo is out?
No, if they win out and WMU beats NIU they go to Detroit.
WMU goes if Toledo loses to BG (or EMU lol) and WMU beats CMU and NIU.
NIU goes if they beat WMU, and only if they beat WMU.
11-18-2014 11:48 PM
Advertisement

scottiep12 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Well done as always.

That last drive was nails. Coaching staff gets major ups for the play calling, we just went down hill and utilized all our weapons. That post to Beebe was an absolute thing of beauty set up by the 7 plays before it.

Really like to see more 2 and even 3 back sets with sting, Akeem in together. Put sting in the I and make Akeem the up back. It has misdirection, out into the flat and wheel route (circa 2012 Ball St) to Akeem written all over it. Replace that with the jet sweep action from Da'Ron...that cat is out of the flipping bag.

Curls to Da'Ron after a shot downfield early. Duecee like you've been using him and Beebe like you used him today and we've got a shot to sink this god forsaken, POS of a boat.
11-18-2014 11:51 PM
HuskiePride12 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, WHITE SOX
(11-18-2014 11:37 PM)bigdhuskie Wrote:  
(11-18-2014 11:30 PM)7 Wrote:  Akeem Daniels. Akeem Daniels. Akeem Daniels. HuskieJohn tweeted it at me, he's our Mr. November/December. On a night where we had nothing on offense and Cam couldn't do a thing, that is point blank a game we do not win with out Akeem. His numbers weren't sexy (4/24 rushing, 2/46, TD receiving), but he played a huge role in both of the second half TD drives. Could not be happier for him. To sit out an entire year last year, come back as a 5th year senior, struggle as he has this year, for him to be rewarded with a performance like that is simply fantastic. Now hopefully they continue to use him in the passing game.

My thoughts:
1) Hare is not pretty , but somehow he gets the job done
2) give me more of Akeem, especially on quick sideline routes
3) hats off to our defense, creating pressure when needed
4) give me more DaRon B....get him the ball in space
5) our O line has underperformed this year, based on their veteran status and pre season hype

Need to utilize Daron like we did with Martel. Give him a short pass and room to work with. Good things will happen.
11-18-2014 11:51 PM
Cowboy95 Offline
1st String

Good win for the Huskies! Daniels played well today; seemed like a different player than we've seen the whole season. Hare is a tough SOB and a winner - enough of the Maddie experiments; the D always sells out on the run when he is in; his drives are a complete waste.

I was really impressed with the D outside of Moore and Durante. Moore has consistently been bad to terrible. For a 1st team all conference candidate Durante has been a major disappointment. Seems like the only time you hear his name is because he is taking a 15yd PI because he would otherwise have been burnt for a TD.

How many times are the coaches going to let Maxwell take a dumb penalty before they give him a permanent seat on the bench? Eakes and Semisch would be fine. Even if they do next to nothing it would be better than costing the team 15 to 30 yards every game.

The PI call on Brown was total BS. Thank god it didn't impact the outcome of the game.

The O Line, Cam, and D-Backs need to play a lot better if they want to win against the boat rowers. Can't wait for next Friday.

Also, reading the game thread I find it laughable that people say Carey is a terrible coach. Granted, every game there are some things you can question, but the team continues to win games. It is tough to win close games, and his team consistently makes plays when it counts. He must be doing something right. I don't think too many people would have predicted this team would be 9-2. I think I am more impressed with this year's team than last year. I don't think this year's team is better, but that is my point. I expected last year's team to win almost every game. I did not have that same expectation this year.
11-18-2014 11:55 PM
dekalb222 Offline
All American

So NIU and Toledo both could have two conference losses and NIU beat Toledo head to head and Toledo goes? That make's no sense.
11-18-2014 11:59 PM
7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

(11-18-2014 11:59 PM)dekalb222 Wrote:  So NIU and Toledo both could have two conference losses and NIU beat Toledo head to head and Toledo goes? That make's no sense.
There are other teams in the division you know. CMU only has two conference losses and WMU only has one.

The most important thing is NIU the only one that controls their own destiny right now. Win and in, lose and out.
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2014 12:02 AM by 7.)
11-19-2014 12:00 AM
Advertisement

dekalb222 Offline
All American

I am talking about Toledo losses to BG. WMU losses to CMU and NIU losses to WMU. Who goes to Detroit?
11-19-2014 12:04 AM
7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

(11-19-2014 12:04 AM)dekalb222 Wrote:  I am talking about Toledo losses to BG. WMU losses to CMU and NIU losses to WMU. Who goes to Detroit?

I think it's Toledo, but I know for sure it's not NIU.
11-19-2014 12:05 AM
dekalb222 Offline
All American

CMU also could finish with two losses.
11-19-2014 12:08 AM
DoubleHuskie84 Offline
1st String

I Root For: N I U

Wrongo dude. Wait til we have a real QB.
11-19-2014 12:09 AM
NIU05 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TRUTH

Well said 7 - Brooks looks really good. Daniels feel for him as well and glad he played well tonite, He made a 1st down run for about 4,5 yards on that last drive that was just pure football player. He looks like he lost a step, but man he knows how to play.

Brown is a playmaker. Could not agree more on Bebee - WINNER...
11-19-2014 12:09 AM
Advertisement

dekalb222 Offline
All American

Doublehuskie, he caught a touchdown pass that doesn't make him a star. I never said he sucks. I said he hasn't done anything to be called a potential star. Next year, he will be the 4th or 5th receiver.
11-19-2014 12:19 AM
Enaiu Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU Huskies
(11-19-2014 12:09 AM)DoubleHuskie84 Wrote:  Chad Beebe. Never gonna be a star, but the dude is a winner. Biggest reception of the season and he runs a picture perfect route in the endzone.

Wrongo dude. Wait til we have a real QB.

7's comment on Beebe will one day be my signature. I've already bookmarked the page!
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2014 12:22 AM by Enaiu.)
11-19-2014 12:22 AM
7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

How did you people turn that into a negative?
11-19-2014 12:23 AM
DeadMoney16 Offline
2nd String

Win is a win is a win.

The offense wasn't pretty at times, but they make plays when needed. The defense missed some tackles, but they make plays when needed. Special teams was pretty good and Wedel helping control field position is a HUGE reason we're 9-2.

After a roller coaster season, we still control our own destiny heading into Game 12. Not much more could be asked of this group.

Lastly, those who complain about the coaching staff non-stop need to settle down. You complain about play-calling and then the plays you've been begging for get blown up for losses. You want more runs and our O-Line can't get into the second level to help open up any nice gains. You want more screens and Hare throws it over a WR's head. This offense is only as crisp as the the players executing it and at times this year the players have been everything but crisp. We all knew there'd be growing pains this year, so enjoy the 9 wins and enjoy (with one game remaining) the ability to return to Detroit without needing any help from anyone else.
11-19-2014 12:33 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.