UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UAB and C-USA basketball tournaments
Island Blazer Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UAB
UAB and C-USA basketball tournaments
Do you think Conference USA would have awarded the basketball tournaments to Birmingham in the spring if they had known about "the study" that was soon to happen with UAB athletics? Absolutely not. Did we lie to or deceive C-USA people too? Again, on the surface the ethics in this whole affair STINK! Unless something positive happens in coming weeks with UAB athletics these tournaments now may be the least attended in all of the NCAA. C-USA people cannot be happy.
11-15-2014 10:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
RE: UAB and C-USA basketball tournaments
Aw, they didn't lie. They just didn't tell them.

I would bet that if football is killed it bleeds over to the tournament. It shouldn't, but it probably will.
11-15-2014 10:41 AM
iam4uab Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
RE: UAB and C-USA basketball tournaments
(11-15-2014 10:23 AM)Island Blazer Wrote:  Do you think Conference USA would have awarded the basketball tournaments to Birmingham in the spring if they had known about "the study" that was soon to happen with UAB athletics? Absolutely not. Did we lie to or deceive C-USA people too? Again, on the surface the ethics in this whole affair STINK! Unless something positive happens in coming weeks with UAB athletics these tournaments now may be the least attended in all of the NCAA. C-USA people cannot be happy.

I agree, we've taken way too many steps in the right direction since the OCS debacle for this to be about killing the program.

I think they are going to go to the BOT with a systematic gameplan to improve the program and have used the silence to stir up the hornets nest in order to prove support.

It could just be a fantasy, I get that, but it's my way of coping.

I'm the kind of guy who always thinks we could throw 3 bombs and get 2 onsides kicks when we're down 21 with 1:00 left. It could happen.
11-15-2014 01:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.