Matt Campbell: NIU Postgame
11-13-2014 10:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TampaRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
RE: Matt Campbell: NIU Postgame
I can't click on it...I think I've put the game behind me...don't want to get fired up again. Beat BG!
11-13-2014 11:09 AM
MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Sounded like one of the guys asking a question was a poster from this board. Made all the same comments in his question that have been bantied about here of this being our best chance to win a weak MAC championship. That in itself indicates how far we've not advanced in three years - when you are hoping to win a weak MAC because NIU is down....

This was also supposed to be the year when Campbell was going to take it out on everyone in the MAC because we got passed over for a bowl game last year. Anybody else remember his "sense of purpose?" Apparently we have lost that motivation as well.
11-13-2014 07:51 PM
Advertisement

rocket 51 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Coach Campbell is going through something difficult for the first time. He is finding out that you can not want something more than your players do.
They have to make it happen.
Not enough leadership on the team to close the door, get rid of the coaches and look each other in the eyes and say..."we are not going to loose this one, no matter what"...Period.
I know all the things posted on all of the threads...injuries, injuries, and more injuries but I don't see enough leadership on this team to suit my taste.
The pain of last year was not nearly as bad as it was made out to be or this group would have found a way to win yesterday.
Lets hope the "boat rowers" come through and the Rockets pull together for the next two wins and then see what happens. Go Rockets.
11-13-2014 08:41 PM
Toledo Football 1st Offline
All Rockets All The Time

I Root For: T O L E D O

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
(11-13-2014 11:09 AM)TampaRocket Wrote:  I can't click on it...I think I've put the game behind me...don't want to get fired up again. Beat BG!

Same here. Let me guess... "[Somebody] did a great job." Am I right?
11-13-2014 10:02 PM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(11-13-2014 08:41 PM)rocket 51 Wrote:  Coach Campbell is going through something difficult for the first time. He is finding out that you can not want something more than your players do.
They have to make it happen.
Not enough leadership on the team to close the door, get rid of the coaches and look each other in the eyes and say..."we are not going to loose this one, no matter what"...Period.
I know all the things posted on all of the threads...injuries, injuries, and more injuries but I don't see enough leadership on this team to suit my taste.
The pain of last year was not nearly as bad as it was made out to be or this group would have found a way to win yesterday.
Lets hope the "boat rowers" come through and the Rockets pull together for the next two wins and then see what happens. Go Rockets.

Stutz would have a cookout.
11-13-2014 10:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.