Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

#ThanksMichelleObama
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
#ThanksMichelleObama
http://www.fox23.com/news/news/local/enough-eat/nh2pN/

Quote:Skimpy school lunches because of federal guidelines.

Just a few weeks ago, FOX23 shared the story of a central Oklahoma family that was appalled at how little was on a girl's lunch tray.

Now some parents in Green Country say their kids are going hungry. Viewers sent photos of the lunches they said are being served at Haskell High School.

"It's mostly the portions," said Haskell High School senior Darrel Bunch.

"Last year we started getting less food," said Bunch.

His mother says it's gotten worse this year.

"Last year, my boys started calling me, 'Can you please bring me something to eat?' 'We’re still hungry,' or, 'This is gross," said Cheryl Bunch.

Quote:Another photo of a lunch from earlier this week has parents fired up.

It's a cheese-filled bread stick and marinara sauce.

"A bread stick and a thing of marinara sauce? You call that a lunch?," said Jerilyn Shearer.

"When they serve a bread stick and marinara, it’s like, 'Here, I’ve given up on trying to find you something nutritious and healthy,'" said Bunch.

Quote:FOX23 asked Haskell Superintendent Sharon Herrington for an interview, but she would not go on camera.

She did talk to Linn over the phone.

Herrington told FOX23 the photos sent to the station do not tell the whole story.

At lunch, students are offered five items. They must take three, and one must be a fruit or vegetable.

But students told Linn there are no choices, when it comes to fruit.

Officials said on Tuesday, the day the bread stick and marinara meal was served; they were also given a banana.

They also said the salad bar only offers iceberg lettuce, cucumbers and broccoli, and it's not fresh.

FOX23 wanted to go inside and view the salad bar, but officials did not allow it.

"I don’t really eat the salad bar, because most of the time the cucumbers or broccoli or everything like that looks old," said Haskell High School senior Pepper Thomas.

Herrington told FOX23 it has been an adjustment for students to get used to the federal calorie restrictions.

[Image: n3kD0WT.jpg]

[Image: ipEnJuD.jpg]
11-12-2014 05:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

G-Man Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Truth & Justice
RE: #ThanksMichelleObama
They actually try to pass-off that stuff (besides the banana) as food?
11-12-2014 05:41 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
And in your typical leftist, nanny-stateism, top down, heavy handed, one size fits all, idiotic approach to things most of us consider common sense (when did it become so uncommon on the left?) they make no or little distinction amongst the kids. You can't necessarily pay more to get more, you get what the State mandates and that's it.

So the 18yo MAN, that stays after and lifts weights and has football practice, while burning 3000 calories or whatever per day, gets a small fraction of that for lunch.

And they wonder why kids are tired, can't concentrate or are on edge/ornery during the day. Mind numbed idjits.
11-12-2014 06:33 PM
PlainTiger Offline
Never odd or even

I Root For: Memphis
This has happened at my kids school. The food has been declining in both quality and quantity for the past few years. The sad thing is, it really hurts the poor kids the most, because for some of them, its the best meal they get each day.
11-12-2014 07:21 PM
Doctor Krieger Offline
1st String

I Root For: :)
The food quantity and quality had already been declining when I finished HS back in 2008...I can't imagine how awful it is now with the FLOTUS' dumb lunch crap.
11-12-2014 07:22 PM
Kaplony Offline

(11-12-2014 06:33 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  And in your typical leftist, nanny-stateism, top down, heavy handed, one size fits all, idiotic approach to things most of us consider common sense (when did it become so uncommon on the left?) they make no or little distinction amongst the kids. You can't necessarily pay more to get more, you get what the State mandates and that's it.

So the 18yo MAN, that stays after and lifts weights and has football practice, while burning 3000 calories or whatever per day, gets a small fraction of that for lunch.

And they wonder why kids are tired, can't concentrate or are on edge/ornery during the day. Mind numbed idjits.

One of my good friends is a head football coach at a high school located in the I95 corridor here in SC. The vast majority of his kids are dirt poor and for years the only decent meals they got each day were the school provided breakfast and lunch. He said midway through last season he noticed that his kids had all lost a ton of weight and their conditioning was garbage. He didn't think anything about it until they had their after season meeting and he got on to them for faltering down the stretch. He said a couple of the players brought up the fact that with the new lunch standards they were always hungry, so he put two and two together. This year he and the rest of his staff, despite none of them really making a lot of money, pooled money together and started buying food for the kids to utilize during their weightlifting period. Nothing fancy.....some days it's a bunch of Little Ceasar's $5 pizzas, some days it's PB&J sandwiches. He said it was worth cutting weightlifting short 10-15 minutes to make sure the kids had the energy for practices and games. A year after going winless from midseason on they made the playoffs this season.
11-12-2014 07:39 PM
Advertisement

smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
Since we're paying for both, why don't kids eat the same lunch Obama and Moochelle eat? Lead by example, not from the rear.
11-12-2014 08:57 PM
Kaplony Offline

(11-12-2014 08:57 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  Since we're paying for both, why don't kids eat the same lunch Obama and Moochelle eat? Lead by example, not from the rear.
Six years in I have completely given up on the current inhabitants of the White House showing even a miniscule amount of leadership.
11-12-2014 09:06 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
What Public school do the Obama kids go to?
11-12-2014 11:04 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

(11-12-2014 11:04 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  What Public school do the Obama kids go to?

Sidwell Friends School is a highly selective Quaker private school located in Bethesda, Maryland and Washington, D.C., offering pre-kindergarten through secondary school classes. Founded in 1883 by Thomas Sidwell, its motto is "Eluceat omnibus lux" (Let the light shine out from all), alluding to the Quaker concept of inner light. All Sidwell Friends students attend Quaker meeting for worship weekly.

The school's admissions process is merit-based. As documented on the school's website, it gives preference in admissions decisions to members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers), but otherwise does not discriminate on the basis of religion. The school accepts vouchers under the D.C. Opportunity Scholarship Program.

Described as "the Harvard of Washington's private schools",[1] the school has educated children of notable politicians, including those of several presidents. Both of United States President Barack Obama's daughters, Sasha and Malia, and Vice President Joe Biden's grandchildren attend the school.[2] President Theodore Roosevelt's son Archibald, Richard Nixon's daughter Tricia, Bill Clinton's daughter Chelsea Clinton, and Vice President Al Gore's son, Albert Gore III, graduated from Sidwell Friends.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sidwell_Friends_School

The lunches her kid's school serves.

[Image: michelles-daughters-school-lunches.jpg]

What Moochelle wants your kid to have for lunch.

[Image: 1413484132817_wps_29_image005_png.jpg]
11-12-2014 11:13 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(11-12-2014 11:13 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  
(11-12-2014 11:04 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  What Public school do the Obama kids go to?

Sidwell Friends School is a highly selective Quaker private school located in Bethesda, Maryland and Washington, D.C., offering pre-kindergarten through secondary school classes. Founded in 1883 by Thomas Sidwell, its motto is "Eluceat omnibus lux" (Let the light shine out from all), alluding to the Quaker concept of inner light. All Sidwell Friends students attend Quaker meeting for worship weekly.

The school's admissions process is merit-based. As documented on the school's website, it gives preference in admissions decisions to members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers), but otherwise does not discriminate on the basis of religion. The school accepts vouchers under the D.C. Opportunity Scholarship Program.

Described as "the Harvard of Washington's private schools",[1] the school has educated children of notable politicians, including those of several presidents. Both of United States President Barack Obama's daughters, Sasha and Malia, and Vice President Joe Biden's grandchildren attend the school.[2] President Theodore Roosevelt's son Archibald, Richard Nixon's daughter Tricia, Bill Clinton's daughter Chelsea Clinton, and Vice President Al Gore's son, Albert Gore III, graduated from Sidwell Friends.

Libs, any thoughts?
11-12-2014 11:16 PM
Advertisement

Doctor Krieger Offline
1st String

(11-12-2014 11:16 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  Libs, any thoughts?

I don't think any libs post on the Buffalo Wild West Wings board anymore....I'm actually intrigued to see a response to this post though.
11-12-2014 11:19 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

(11-12-2014 11:19 PM)Doctor Krieger Wrote:  

I don't think any libs post on the Buffalo Wild West Wings board anymore....I'm actually intrigued to see a response to this post though.

Wrong again Krieger. In spite of our best efforts they still manage to sometimes sneak past our minimum intellectual standards and make hit and run posts like you just did. And I doubt any lib, other than you, will respond to Cat's request for lib thoughts.
11-12-2014 11:25 PM
Doctor Krieger Offline
1st String

(11-12-2014 11:25 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  

Wrong again Krieger. In spite of our best efforts they still manage to sometimes sneak past our minimum intellectual standards and make hit and run posts like you just did. And I doubt any lib, other than you, will respond to Cat's request for lib thoughts.

Hit and run? This was a serious response. In this very thread, I stated that I disliked the FLOTUS' lunch plan. Do I need to flame and call her names for you to believe me? lol
11-12-2014 11:29 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

(11-12-2014 11:13 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  

Geeeez. It's worse than I thought! I'm a former (recovering) executive chef and we would have been rather pleased about sending that top plate out. Talk about let them eat C[rap]ake!

We must all admire our ruling elite. Your kids eat like that? Why not, you pay for it...
11-13-2014 01:19 AM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
So where is the taxpayers money going if not for the lunches ? Paying for all of those DNC election Ad's ?
11-13-2014 09:35 AM
Advertisement

Kaplony Offline

If you're not going to contribute anything of value, please exit my thread. Thanks friend. 04-cheers
11-13-2014 10:13 AM
ummechengr Offline
C'mon....really!?!?!

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Everyone's equal. It's just that some are more equal than others....
11-13-2014 10:51 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
Morons. Michelle Obama does not write regulation for the school lunch program.

Give up the obsession. You look like complete idiots!
11-13-2014 10:54 AM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I just re-read that menu for the toney prep school the sneering snots send their kids to.

Did anyone else catch that menu for the day? haha. It's freaking PEARL HARBOR day. so what do they have on the menu? A bunch of "Oriental" this, "Teriyaki" that, Flied Lice, edamame and other. 03-lmfao

Talk about running with stereotypes, wonder what the serve for MLK day? 03-lmfao Brats and beer with pretzels for V-E day? Champagne and Surrender Cake for D-Day? haha.

Wonder why they didn't have Nuclear Wings on the menu as well?!?
11-13-2014 10:56 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.