Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The two teen girls who joined ISIS just made a BIG statement that should shock no one
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
The two teen girls who joined ISIS just made a BIG statement that should shock no one
If you have any kids that are thinking about joining ISIS.

http://www.youngcons.com/the-two-teen-gi...ck-no-one/
10-21-2014 09:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
RE: The two teen girls who joined ISIS just made a BIG statement that should shock no one
Be careful what you wish for.
10-21-2014 09:25 PM
WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

I Root For: Rice Owls
New Orleans Bowl
RE: The two teen girls who joined ISIS just made a BIG statement that should shock no one
FBI arrested three teenage girls in Germany who flew from Denver to Europe that were attempting to join ISIS
10-22-2014 05:39 AM
QuestionSocratic Offline
Banned

I Root For: Buffalo
Do they have their clitoridectomy done before or after they get accepted?
10-22-2014 07:53 AM
GoApps70 Offline

I Root For: Appalachian St.
Only ignorance would allow young girls to want to join ISIS.
World needs more information distribution. Even then just
think of how some people cannot even answer simple question,
like Leno showed.
10-22-2014 08:02 AM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
Not the brightest tools in the shed, obviously. They should have just stole something from the nearest mall if they wanted to get back at mom and dad for something.
10-22-2014 08:28 AM
Advertisement

BucFyre Offline
1st String

I Root For: ETSU
(10-22-2014 07:53 AM)QuestionSocratic Wrote:  Do they have their clitoridectomy done before or after they get accepted?

That just cause a ton of mental pain. Ugh. 03-puke
10-22-2014 08:46 AM
ECUGrad07 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
Hahaha go figure they're both pregnant. Let them reap what they sow, and let them die over there.
10-22-2014 08:51 AM
QuestionSocratic Offline
Banned

(10-22-2014 08:46 AM)BucFyre Wrote:  
(10-22-2014 07:53 AM)QuestionSocratic Wrote:  Do they have their clitoridectomy done before or after they get accepted?

That was the point and being sympathetic isn't helpful. Were these girls truly ignorant of how women are treated in the Islamic countries? Since their parents are reportedly from Iraq, and therefore likely Islamic, where were they radicalized, at home or through their friends?

Impressionable teenage girls are easily seduced by the romanticism of revolution, especially if they don't have the whole story.
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2014 10:43 AM by QuestionSocratic.)
10-22-2014 10:41 AM
VA49er Offline
Legend

(10-22-2014 10:41 AM)QuestionSocratic Wrote:  

That was the point and being sympathetic isn't helpful. Were these girls truly ignorant of how women are treated in the Islamic countries? Since their parents are reportedly from Iraq, and therefore likely Islamic, where were they radicalized, at home or through their friends?

Impressionable teenage girls are easily seduced by the romanticism of revolution, especially if they don't have the whole story.

Either all that or they were just rebelling like most teenagers do and got in WAY over their heads.
10-22-2014 11:34 AM
BucFyre Offline
1st String

I Root For: ETSU

Idiot teenage girls are easily seduced by the romanticism of revolution, especially if they don't have the whole story.

FTFY....As one of the few members of this board that was actually a teenage girl at one point we're not all this dumb.

My response wasn't sympathetic to them. My response is the based on the thought of having that done to one of my favorite parts of my body.

Based on the article that was linked it stated that they were
Quote:preached to by a radical local cleric, who persuaded them that the only way to know true peace is to travel to Syria and take part in the holy war.

Now I will admit I have not read much on these two girls but I would say that they are not indicative of the general female population.
10-22-2014 11:43 AM
Advertisement

All Dukes_All Day Offline
All American

I Root For: JMU, Pitt
(10-22-2014 11:43 AM)BucFyre Wrote:  

Idiot teenage girls are easily seduced by the romanticism of revolution, especially if they don't have the whole story.

FTFY....As one of the few members of this board that was actually a teenage girl at one point we're not all this dumb.

My response wasn't sympathetic to them. My response is the based on the thought of having that done to one of my favorite parts of my body.

Quote:preached to by a radical local cleric, who persuaded them that the only way to know true peace is to travel to Syria and take part in the holy war.

Now I will admit I have not read much on these two girls but I would say that they are not indicative of the general female population.

You're right. I would imagine most American teens couldn't tell you what ISIS is or where Syria is on a map.
10-22-2014 12:06 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(10-22-2014 11:34 AM)VA49er Wrote:  

Either all that or they were just rebelling like most teenagers do and got in WAY over their heads.

Probably a combination. Teens aren't exactly known for thinking clearly. Probably looked for a way to rebel, like every teen does, and ended up falling for the romanticism that extremists can offer.

And to think I thought my rebellion of picking the arch rivals of my fathers favorite sports team was some serious violation.
10-22-2014 04:12 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(10-22-2014 12:06 PM)All Dukes_All Day Wrote:  

You're right. I would imagine most American teens couldn't tell you what ISIS is or where Syria is on a map.

I can guarantee you most Americans couldn't pick Iraq or Syria out on a Map.
10-22-2014 04:14 PM
QuestionSocratic Offline
Banned

(10-22-2014 04:14 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(10-22-2014 12:06 PM)All Dukes_All Day Wrote:  
(10-22-2014 08:46 AM)BucFyre Wrote:  That just cause a ton of mental pain. Ugh. 03-puke

I can guarantee you most Americans couldn't pick Iraq or Syria out on a Map.

Two clarifications. I did write "impressionable teenage girls" as a subset of all teenage girls. Impressionable is a descriptive of the set, not something meant to apply to all teenage girls. Second, I should have written: "Impressionable teenage girls, and boys,..."
10-22-2014 05:15 PM
G-Man Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Truth & Justice
(10-22-2014 05:15 PM)QuestionSocratic Wrote:  Two clarifications. I did write "impressionable teenage girls" as a subset of all teenage girls. Impressionable is a descriptive of the set, not something meant to apply to all teenage girls. Second, I should have written: "Impressionable teenage girls, and boys,..."

My goodness... Really? You actually think there are teenage girls that are NOT impressionable?
10-23-2014 01:36 AM
Advertisement

I45owl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls

New Orleans Bowl
(10-22-2014 04:14 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  I can guarantee you most Americans couldn't pick Iraq or Syria out on a Map.

I can guarantee the same for everyone in the world because neither country continues to exist as a state in the same way that it did 5 or 10 years ago.

(10-22-2014 04:12 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  And to think I thought my rebellion of picking the arch rivals of my fathers favorite sports team was some serious violation.

Wait, are you saying that the Chiefs are someone's archrival?
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2014 08:31 AM by I45owl.)
10-23-2014 08:31 AM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU
RE: The two teen girls
(10-22-2014 04:12 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Probably looked for a way to rebel, like every teen does, and ended up falling for the romanticism that extremists can offer.

Yep, that's the way I see it. Teens like this want to make a bigger splash than being caught with a tattoo or taking a drag off a doobie against their parents' wishes. To hobnob with ISIS (cue scary sound effect) is the ultimate middle finger to the 'rents who have curfews and make them do homework.

Now they realize it's not a video game and the bad-arse 'street cred' they sought isn't so fun, and that maybe home ain't so bad.
10-23-2014 08:46 AM
All Dukes_All Day Offline
All American

I Root For: JMU, Pitt
I can just imagine that "preachers" call back to Dagestan (or wherever) laughing his ass off to his friend "Yeah, I got these two teenage, American hotties all ripe and ready for some "jihad." What's that? Anal? Trust me, these girls would be down for ANYTHING."
10-23-2014 08:56 AM
VA49er Offline
Legend

(10-23-2014 08:56 AM)All Dukes_All Day Wrote:  I can just imagine that "preachers" call back to Dagestan (or wherever) laughing his ass off to his friend "Yeah, I got these two teenage, American hotties all ripe and ready for some "jihad." What's that? Anal? Trust me, these girls would be down for ANYTHING."

Those girls were Austrian. However, I think I read where three American teenagers tried to get to Syria but were turned away in Germany (?) and put on a plane back to the US.
10-23-2014 08:58 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.