Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Looks like for Voytik to be a solid college QB...
Bookmark and Share
miko33 Offline
Defender of Honesty and Integrity

I Root For: Alma Mater
Looks like for Voytik to be a solid college QB...
...Chryst and Rudolph will need to adding more read-option plays into the playbook. So, if Voytik ends up being the starter at Pitt next year, do you expect Pitt to run a new type of read option offense similar to RichRod's scheme, or does Chryst just put read option wrinkles in and continue to develop Voytik into a pro set play action QB who can make most of the throws?

My prediction is that Chryst puts his QB recruit in as starter next year. As much as I appreciate how Voytik kept his committment to Pitt, he probably would have been better served following TG into the desert. Voytik is a read option spread QB, and I don't see him being anything more than that IMHO.
10-17-2014 01:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
RE: Looks like for Voytik to be a solid college QB...
I hope we go to a pistol set... It'll disguise power runs/zone-read much better. ATM power runs are out of the I and zone reads are out of the shotgun w/ a sidecar. Doing it like it is currently it's just too predictable.
10-17-2014 01:48 PM
SoCalPanther Offline
All American

I Root For: Pitt RPI
Pistol is a good idea.

You really think that Chryst is going to put in either Bertke (rFr) or the early enrollee Hornibrooke (Fr) next year? I would have a really hard time believing that even though Voytik is clearly struggling. Has Chryst or even Bielma ever done that at Wisconsin - ie used a different starter form the previous year at QB (Russell Wilson took over for Scott Tolzien who graduated)?

BTW - anyone notice that Bret Bielema, former Wisconsin HC and now at Arkansas, is winless in the SEC? He's now 0-12. Ouch!
10-19-2014 06:53 AM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

Donators
I think Voytik is the opening day QB next fall. I do think Chryst needs to do more zone read to get him into the games and allow the confidence grown from that to open up the passing game. I'm really disappointed nobody stepped up to be that strong #2 receiver. No one has stepped up, which has caused Voytik to force balls to Boyd.
10-19-2014 06:02 PM
Advertisement

SoCalPanther Offline
All American

I Root For: Pitt RPI
Yeah Garner isn't a typical WR, so it maybe hard for him to get separation. Of course, Voytik isn't your typical under center pocket passer.

Like every offseason there will be coaching changes and transfers, but I hope that Chryst seriously considers a QB coach again. That will also allow him time to help with other aspects of the program.

There's still alot to play for and it wouldn't surprise me at all if Pitt wins or loses the rest of their games. Although, I think it's imperative that they make a bowl game at least (since the team is so young). Let's see.
10-20-2014 07:32 AM
miko33 Offline
Defender of Honesty and Integrity

I Root For: Alma Mater
I don't think the case is so much that no other receiver stepped up, it's that Voytik locks in on Boyd and does not always see other open receivers. I agree that it's Boyd and everyone else, but when you look at the play calling it's either going to Boyd or a run by Conner. Looks like the plays at the beginning of the season were designed to work like that.
10-20-2014 07:52 AM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

Donators
I'd move Garner back to H-Back and allow someone else to step up. He just feel unnatural at WR.

Y'all are def right about him locking into Boyd.
10-20-2014 07:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.