Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What the hell happened
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
What the hell happened
I take a break and the whole board goes to chit.

Why is a libertarian leaning board restricting thought and speech?
10-12-2014 06:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
RE: What the hell happened
(10-12-2014 06:32 PM)Paul M Wrote:  I take a break and the whole board goes to chit.

Best guess? Those tolerant lefties, you know them, they're the ones who call us racists, bigots, homophobes, Islamophobes, etc, got tired of losing every argument they got into and realized their insults weren't having an impact on us. So off they go and whine, whine, and whine some more until the boss couldn't stand it any more. So all the side forums got shut down and we now have the Spin Room and the WWE room. The Spin Room is where you agree with all the libs. The WWE room is where the real political talk takes place. Oddly enough, the people who complained about how rough the original Spin Room was now seem to come to the WWE room for their daily beat down.

And be on the lookout for a heavy handed mod newbie. He's drunk with power. Remember Melva? He's her.
10-12-2014 06:39 PM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
(10-12-2014 06:32 PM)Paul M Wrote:  I take a break and the whole board goes to chit.

Some people got tired of what was dissolving into Bill O'Reilly and someone he doesn't agree with shouting over each other at the same time. Only most of what they were shouting about was gays.

So there is now a moderated Spin Room and a (mostly) unmoderated one.
10-12-2014 06:40 PM
Paul M Offline
American-American

Always a real simple solution. You tell whiny cry baby ******* to grow up, ignore what they don't like, or go away.

Telling others to not upset the little whiny cry baby ******* never works.
10-12-2014 06:46 PM
DexterDevil Offline
DCTID

I Root For: EMU, DCFC
To make it clear, I got sick of both liberals and conservatives, all the attacks and deterioration of the conversations from both sides. I want to discuss how to fix America, not what the opposing party is doing wrong. This lame duck government sucks and the American people are too damn lazy to care or fix it.
10-12-2014 11:47 PM
Paul M Offline
American-American

The board worked just fine. Anyone wanting civil discourse and respect for their dumb*** views and only that could absolutely find it. Their constant claims to only want that are lies. No one fits that. Those jackasses are usually the biggest offenders of their claimed desires. Constant attacks on others while demanding behavior such as their own cease.

Everyone who enjoyed heated debate were sure to find that. If I wanted to inform little jimmy, because his mommy hadn't, that he is the stupidest ball sucking idiot ever born, I could. And little jimmy was free to reply with anything his feeble mind could conjure.

But no. little timmy doesn't like me and jimmy having at each other. So timmy, instead of seeking out polite company, you know, the lie he tells about only wanting that, he jumps into the fray. Then after being a big participant, goes back to complaining that it's allowed.

There are posters and topics I have no desire to engage or discuss. I'm a big boy and intelligent enough to skip those topics or read past those posters. Not hard to do. I don't want any of that silenced. Or relegated to a corner.

This isn't hard. Tell the constant sorrow complainers to ignore what they are crying about. Put on big boy pants and quit being babies. And that's were the warn system is needed. If they complain, warn them. It is so incredibly easy to ignore what you want no part of. Takes effort to read through it all and file formal complaints.
10-13-2014 07:18 AM
Advertisement

Paul M Offline
American-American

Came from another board that tried the same thing as is going on here. Two boards. One heavily moderated for the constant complainers who claimed thats what they wanted and a (supposed to be) un-modded one. Didn't work. The constant complainers just would not stay out of the free one and filled it with the same complaints. And the mods spent all their time there too.

There is a problem. It must be correctly identified.

It's the CONSTANT COMPLAINERS.
10-13-2014 07:30 AM
bevotex Offline
Chili has no beans

I Root For: Texas Longhorns
(10-12-2014 06:40 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  

Some people got tired of what was dissolving into Bill O'Reilly and someone he doesn't agree with shouting over each other at the same time. Only most of what they were shouting about was gays.

That's bullschitt and you know it
10-13-2014 07:36 AM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog

Or how evil cops are... But it's ok to flood those topics..
10-13-2014 08:18 AM
oklalittledixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Oklahoma

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Bill O'Reilly or the content of his show.
10-13-2014 08:19 AM
JDTulane Online
Sazeracs and Retirement

I Root For: Peace
(10-13-2014 07:30 AM)Paul M Wrote:  Came from another board that tried the same thing as is going on here. Two boards. One heavily moderated for the constant complainers who claimed thats what they wanted and a (supposed to be) un-modded one. Didn't work. The constant complainers just would not stay out of the free one and filled it with the same complaints. And the mods spent all their time there too.

Sounds like you're complaining about complainers lol
10-13-2014 08:21 AM
Advertisement

oklalittledixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Oklahoma
(10-13-2014 08:21 AM)JDTulane Wrote:  
(10-13-2014 07:30 AM)Paul M Wrote:  Came from another board that tried the same thing as is going on here. Two boards. One heavily moderated for the constant complainers who claimed thats what they wanted and a (supposed to be) un-modded one. Didn't work. The constant complainers just would not stay out of the free one and filled it with the same complaints. And the mods spent all their time there too.

JD...you sir really need to figure out that fighting with posters on a board that you moderate is not good PR.
10-13-2014 08:26 AM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

(10-13-2014 08:26 AM)oklalittledixie Wrote:  

JD...you sir really need to figure out that fighting with posters on a board that you moderate is not good PR.

04-clap2
10-13-2014 08:33 AM
LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

I Root For: The Deplorables
(10-13-2014 07:18 AM)Paul M Wrote:  The board worked just fine. Anyone wanting civil discourse and respect for their dumb*** views and only that could absolutely find it. Their constant claims to only want that are lies. No one fits that. Those jackasses are usually the biggest offenders of their claimed desires. Constant attacks on others while demanding behavior such as their own cease.

Everyone who enjoyed heated debate were sure to find that. If I wanted to inform little jimmy, because his mommy hadn't, that he is the stupidest ball sucking idiot ever born, I could. And little jimmy was free to reply with anything his feeble mind could conjure.

But no. little timmy doesn't like me and jimmy having at each other. So timmy, instead of seeking out polite company, you know, the lie he tells about only wanting that, he jumps into the fray. Then after being a big participant, goes back to complaining that it's allowed.

There are posters and topics I have no desire to engage or discuss. I'm a big boy and intelligent enough to skip those topics or read past those posters. Not hard to do. I don't want any of that silenced. Or relegated to a corner.

This isn't hard. Tell the constant sorrow complainers to ignore what they are crying about. Put on big boy pants and quit being babies. And that's were the warn system is needed. If they complain, warn them. It is so incredibly easy to ignore what you want no part of. Takes effort to read through it all and file formal complaints.

Man you couldn't have said it any better.
10-13-2014 08:35 AM
LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

Blow it outta your ass.
10-13-2014 08:36 AM
Paul M Offline
American-American

Are you really this stupid?
10-13-2014 09:24 AM
Advertisement

Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

(10-13-2014 09:24 AM)Paul M Wrote:  

Are you really this stupid?

He's a mod who hates "gay threads" that means round' these parts he can do whatever the hell he wants...
10-13-2014 11:11 AM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
(10-13-2014 08:35 AM)LSU04_08 Wrote:  
(10-13-2014 07:18 AM)Paul M Wrote:  The board worked just fine. Anyone wanting civil discourse and respect for their dumb*** views and only that could absolutely find it. Their constant claims to only want that are lies. No one fits that. Those jackasses are usually the biggest offenders of their claimed desires. Constant attacks on others while demanding behavior such as their own cease.

Yea, I'm all in with this post.

I take my weekends off of here, so was just over at the "old" board and what a joke. The smallest thing and Wha-Wha-Wha back it up or I'll report you! Same, usual suspects that were some of the worst offenders to begin with.

No Thanks.
1. How do I get a E-gang sig?

2. I'm stealing from the one reference I've seen so far and deeming that the Horshak room.

Serious question- What were all the other "hidden" rooms or whatever? Tea and crumpets/Richard simmons? Or are those mocking references to the new spin room crap? I guess the Sports bar is gone? just realized that, were there others? What was the problem with those, having not been there myself...?
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2014 02:57 PM by JMUDunk.)
10-13-2014 02:56 PM
LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

(10-13-2014 02:56 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  
(10-13-2014 08:35 AM)LSU04_08 Wrote:  

Yea, I'm all in with this post.

I take my weekends off of here, so was just over at the "old" board and what a joke. The smallest thing and Wha-Wha-Wha back it up or I'll report you! Same, usual suspects that were some of the worst offenders to begin with.

No Thanks.
1. How do I get a E-gang sig?

2. I'm stealing from the one reference I've seen so far and deeming that the Horshak room.

Serious question- What were all the other "hidden" rooms or whatever? Tea and crumpets/Richard simmons? Or are those mocking references to the new spin room crap? I guess the Sports bar is gone? just realized that, were there others? What was the problem with those, having not been there myself...?

You'll see the light in your PM I just sent you. 04-rock
10-13-2014 03:07 PM
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
Observation on the primary Spin Room, not many New threads in the past week from the conservative posters that likely call themselves Republicans. Most on that board now are either Liberal or Libertarian. I don't know if people will get bored with that but it certainly isn't as much of a debate when one point of view just leaves.
10-13-2014 08:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.