Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Impressive win
Bookmark and Share
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
Impressive win
It only counts as one win, but that was about as impressive of a performance as I've seen out of a JMU team.
2 defensive touchdowns just added insult to injury.
Whether Withers wants to admit it or not, he played a 4-2-5 the majority of the time and it shut down Towson ' s strong run game. Sage Harold is a stud at the DE down position and I hope there is enough evidence to avoid putting him back as an OLB.

in the post game EW talked about using the dink and dunk passing as an extension of the running game. Towson kept lining up with most defenders in the middle and little support on the perimeter.

Towson has gone from the National title game to a crappy team in one year. I'm sure Ambrose dropped about 167 F bombs during the game.

2 weeks of recovery time should help several Dukes get ready for the stretch run. There really haven't been any devastating injuries this year and the nagging ones will heal. I'd say it has been a pretty fortunate health situation this year.
10-11-2014 05:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Madison 91 Forever Offline
1st String

Impressive win
Agreed. Really overall the best performance I've seen by the Dukes in a long time. I thought Vad looked better than I've ever seen him today. The only negatives I saw were some questionable playcalling at times, The bullcrap targeting call against Marlowe and the lackluster kicking.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
10-11-2014 05:23 PM
JMU_Rocks! Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: JMU
RE: Impressive win
Indeed - to entirely dominate a fellow CAA team is very impressive.

Tiger's will want to settle the score in basketball and for sure in their place next year.

A kind of late arriving crowd, but most stayed through 3 qtrs - even with the game well in hand.
10-11-2014 05:45 PM
Advertisement

DoubleDDuke Offline
Heisman

Withers has been playing a 4-2-5 the majority of the year. It seems he's the only one who doesn' realize it.
10-11-2014 05:49 PM
BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-11-2014 05:45 PM)JMU_Rocks! Wrote:  Indeed - to entirely dominate a fellow CAA team is very impressive.

Tiger's will want to settle the score in basketball and for sure in their place next year.

A kind of late arriving crowd, but most stayed through 3 qtrs - even with the game well in hand.

It looked like the JMU staff did something different to help students get in quicker. In addition, they stayed well beyond normal, but I figured that was due to it being family weekend.

Now, the paying folk had a really long line at what I refer to as the main entrance to the left of the Plecker APC. I'm not going to get on the staff for that as we need to be closing up our tailgates sooner and get in the stadium. But it was taking about 20 minutes to get through that entrance, oddly, no one seemed to care.
10-11-2014 08:58 PM
Advertisement

JMU_Newbill Offline
All American

I Root For: JMU & Whoever Plays VT
Impressive win
Impressive win but I'm going to be the Debbie downer. If we don't clean up our kicking game, we are going to lose an important game because of it. Another kickoff out of bounds, another missed xp, two more missed field goals. If we intend to catch fire and make the playoffs, we will need to fix this part of our game to do it.
10-11-2014 09:03 PM
Potomac Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-11-2014 08:58 PM)BleedingPurple Wrote:  
(10-11-2014 05:45 PM)JMU_Rocks! Wrote:  Indeed - to entirely dominate a fellow CAA team is very impressive.

It looked like the JMU staff did something different to help students get in quicker. In addition, they stayed well beyond normal, but I figured that was due to it being family weekend.

Now, the paying folk had a really long line at what I refer to as the main entrance to the left of the Plecker APC. I'm not going to get on the staff for that as we need to be closing up our tailgates sooner and get in the stadium. But it was taking about 20 minutes to get through that entrance, oddly, no one seemed to care.

This was people lining up for what they thought was a line for the entire entrance, when in reality it was a line for the right-most entrance. we walked right by and right up to the shorter lines that no one was bothering to get in.

Meanwhile, it was nice to get an impressive win for once in what seems like ages. My wife asked, are we playing that well, or is towson just that bad? I said it's probably 75% JMU playing well, 25% towson playing bad.

Yes the kicking game is god awful, but it's clear that withers was left with nothing to work with in that regard. they will have to recruit better players in the coming year(s). I believe our starting kicker is a walk-on.

A win is a win and what a beautiful, revenge win it was.
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2014 09:54 PM by Potomac.)
10-11-2014 09:52 PM
Advertisement

DoubleDDuke Offline
Heisman

Can somebody explain to me why we keep playing Latney? He started the game. He's completely unproductive. He can't run, he can't block ... I am just lost on this one. The guy doesn't do anything well yet we keep wasting plays with him. I watch the games and think somebody is f'ing with me.
10-11-2014 10:07 PM
BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-11-2014 09:52 PM)Potomac Wrote:  
(10-11-2014 08:58 PM)BleedingPurple Wrote:  

This was people lining up for what they thought was a line for the entire entrance, when in reality it was a line for the right-most entrance. we walked right by and right up to the shorter lines that no one was bothering to get in.

Meanwhile, it was nice to get an impressive win for once in what seems like ages. My wife asked, are we playing that well, or is towson just that bad? I said it's probably 75% JMU playing well, 25% towson playing bad.

Yes the kicking game is god awful, but it's clear that withers was left with nothing to work with in that regard. they will have to recruit better players in the coming year(s). I believe our starting kicker is a walk-on.

A win is a win and what a beautiful, revenge win it was.

I did the same. I think people weren't in any hurry. By looking at our past performances, there would have been no reason to get to your seat before the 2nd quarter.
10-11-2014 10:11 PM
DoubleDDuke Offline
Heisman

There's always a reason to be there at the start of the game. If you have a ticket, show up at the beginning of the game. WTF is wrong with people. If I was in charge I'd make all men enter the game with their pants down to show how small their dicks are.
10-11-2014 10:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.