Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
UC's Kelly Promises Victory Over WMU & Louisville
mollautt Offline
1st String

I Root For: Miami RedHawks
UC's Kelly Promises Victory Over WMU & Louisville
=>I attended the Crosstown Shootout last night (UC vs. Xavier basketball game). At halftime, UC's new football coach Kelly spoke. He promised to bring trophies back to Cincinnati starting with the International Bowl trophy with a win over WMU. He also promised to win more trophies next year and specifically mentioned the Keg of Nails (trophy to the winner of UCs and U of L). He did not mention specifically the Victory Bell with Miami or River City trouphy with Pitt.
12-14-2006 09:43 AM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators

UC already has the Victory Bell, so there is no need to mention that. Maybe he should have mentioned the Pitt trophy.
12-14-2006 09:45 AM
Maize Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
Re: UC's Kelly Promises Victory Over WMU & Louisville
mollautt Wrote:=>I attended the Crosstown Shootout last night (UC vs. Xavier basketball game). At halftime, UC's new football coach Kelly spoke. He promised to bring trophies back to Cincinnati starting with the International Bowl trophy with a win over WMU. He also promised to win more trophies next year and specifically mentioned the Keg of Nails (trophy to the winner of UCs and U of L). He did not mention specifically the Victory Bell with Miami or River City trouphy with Pitt.

Don't Sing It, Bring IT. 05-mafia
12-14-2006 09:47 AM
WacoBearcat Away
Heisman

I Root For: UC

I think Kelly said it would be nice to bring the Keg of Nails back to Cincinnati. I don't think he promised to do it next year.

But Kelly's enthusiasm and confidence are nice to see and hear.
12-14-2006 10:09 AM
RealDeal Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC

I love it. Dulltonio was always talking about the Victory Bell. I want to set my sights higher than beating a lowly MAC school. Keg of Nails represents victory over one of the top 10 teams in the country, that should be our goal.
12-14-2006 10:32 AM
L-yes Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Perhaps aiming for Pitt first would be wise but hell, shoot for the stars baby.

With our team returning basically in tact and adding Bush to the package Kelly is certainly setting lofty goals. Might as well put the BCS on next years agenda to go along with a Big East title.
12-14-2006 10:49 AM
Advertisement

bearcatstubb Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

I think you squeaked out a win on your home field and we return everyone as well. We'll see next year.
12-14-2006 10:58 AM
L-yes Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

bearcatstubb Wrote:I think you squeaked out a win on your home field and we return everyone as well. We'll see next year.

Michigan squeeked one out against Ball State in the Big House as well.
12-14-2006 11:02 AM
Crewdogz Offline
I'm Your Huckleberry

I Root For: America
Donators

Blog post by Cincinnati media with required attack on attendance:

[quote]Brian Kelly just took the microphone and addressed a receptive crowd, his message tailored perfectly to the UC fan base.

He spoke about how much he liked the up-tempo, fast-paced action he was seeing, building up to the inevitable: "That
12-14-2006 11:54 AM
CardHouse Offline
1st String

I Root For: UofL

WacoBearcat Wrote:I think Kelly said it would be nice to bring the Keg of Nails back to Cincinnati.

The Keg stays in Louisville 05-nono

....we built a permanent place for it in our trophy case.
12-14-2006 12:10 PM
L-yes Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

CardHouse Wrote:
WacoBearcat Wrote:I think Kelly said it would be nice to bring the Keg of Nails back to Cincinnati.

The Keg stays in Louisville 05-nono

....we built a permanent place for it in our trophy case.

I heard they went on and just bolted it to the floor. Jurich was quoted saying that the Keg and Gov Cup might be actually structurally integrated into the stadium expansion.

;-) 02-13-banana
12-14-2006 12:17 PM
Advertisement

Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats

L-yes Wrote:I heard they went on and just bolted it to the floor. Jurich was quoted saying that the Keg and Gov Cup might be actually structurally integrated into the stadium expansion.

;-) 02-13-banana
Better keep that wrench handy then 05-mafia
12-14-2006 12:36 PM
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL

I like it, get the fans pumped. However, since John L. Smith's first year at UofL, the Keg of Nails has taken up near permanent residence in Louisville, where it belongs! 8 of the last 9, including 4 straight in Cincy....let's make it 9 of 10 and 5 straight in the Queen City next year!
12-14-2006 12:38 PM
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!

At least UC has the ability to make a game of it now. This game should sell out Nippert next year.
12-14-2006 12:40 PM
L-yes Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

bearcatfan Wrote:At least UC has the ability to make a game of it now. This game should sell out Nippert next year.

I hope so and I hope for the sake of the UC program that well over half the fans are fans of your team. I really do.
12-14-2006 01:06 PM
cardtopper Offline
1st String

I Root For: LOUISVILLE

He's not real bright I see. it's kinda early to be giving the opponent bullitin board fodder.
12-14-2006 04:10 PM
Advertisement

Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

Actually, Kelly stopped short of "promising". His actual words were "...and I'd like to bring the Keg of Nails back here too."

You UL guys kill me... making bulletin board material out of everything. Why don't you bring the bird logo up to Nippert while you're at it lmfao
12-14-2006 04:13 PM
cardtopper Offline
1st String

I Root For: LOUISVILLE

L-yes Wrote:
bearcatfan Wrote:At least UC has the ability to make a game of it now. This game should sell out Nippert next year.

I hope so and I hope for the sake of the UC program that well over half the fans are fans of your team. I really do.

L, you know good and well the Cincy game is a home game for UofL. Every non-season ticket holding true fan of the Cards go as well as a ton of season ticket holders. I even attend cause you can get in for much less than you can attend a game in Louisville....plus I love the city. It's a nice trip.

But if this guy has any success we better take advantage of it next year cause in a couple more years they may be putting their own fans in our seats....Damn.
12-14-2006 04:17 PM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

We'll see how it goes Card Topper. Even when UC began to win a few this season, the excuse was the boring offense. That won't be a factor with Kelly.

I've thought all along that the only way to beat you guys and WVU is to keep up offensively. Heck, we caught Brohm on an off day coming back from an injury and still didn't get it done with the Dantonio offense and his stubborn insistence on Grutza instead of Davila.

We hope to give you a game next year, score points, and actually have some enthusiastic fans for a change.
12-14-2006 04:27 PM
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!

L-yes Wrote:

Considering we had nearly 28000 for Rutgers and maybe at most 750 were from Rutgers, I don't think that wil be an issue.
12-14-2006 04:30 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.