Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

My Post Game Opinions
Bookmark and Share
falconplucker Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo
My Post Game Opinions
1) Toledo will finish second in the division, unless they are able to get off to faster starts. The first half was a bad combination of poor execution, especially inside the 30. The coaches need to get it together. Too may wasted time-outs for nothing. Both the coaches and players need to be focused and ready to go come game time. Toledo will not beat NIU, unless that happens.

2) I think Woodside and the receivers are really starting to come together, at least in the second half. I love the depth at running back.

3) Next week is a very dangerous game. I know row-row-row your boat's team is young, but they will give Toledo game, especially if Toledo starts slow again. Although I think some of their young talent has been in trouble with the law. Must be a Michigan thing.

4) There were two bad combinations last night. The white helmets and those jerseys did not look good together at all. Also, the channel 24 reporter's voice and the sound system volume were a very bad mix. It might be better to turn the volume down next time. People around me were applauding when her sound wasn't working.

5) The secondary had an interception.
09-28-2014 04:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

owen Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ham sandwich
RE: My Post Game Opinions
(09-28-2014 04:02 PM)falconplucker Wrote:  4) There were two bad combinations last night. The white helmets and those jerseys did not look good together at all. Also, the channel 24 reporter's voice and the sound system volume were a very bad mix. It might be better to turn the volume down next time. People around me were applauding when her sound wasn't working.

She could have tried speaking into the microphone instead of screaming into it.
09-28-2014 08:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rocketpaul Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
) Toledo will finish second in the division, unless they are able to get off to faster starts. The first half was a bad combination of poor execution, especially inside the 30. The coaches need to get it together. Too may wasted time-outs for nothing. Both the coaches and players need to be focused and ready to go come game time. Toledo will not beat NIU, unless that happens.

You are wrong on this you give the rest of the teams on their schedule too much credit.
09-28-2014 09:02 PM
Toledo Football 1st Offline
All Rockets All The Time

I Root For: T O L E D O

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
(4) I didn't mind the volume at all. I didn't think the equalization was good, though. I wonder if they need to add some sub-woofers or something, 'cuz,
you know I'm All About That Bass.
(This post was last modified: 09-28-2014 09:11 PM by Toledo Football 1st.)
09-28-2014 09:06 PM
Rocket_Fanatic Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo!
(09-28-2014 09:02 PM)rocketpaul Wrote:  ) Toledo will finish second in the division, unless they are able to get off to faster starts. The first half was a bad combination of poor execution, especially inside the 30. The coaches need to get it together. Too may wasted time-outs for nothing. Both the coaches and players need to be focused and ready to go come game time. Toledo will not beat NIU, unless that happens.

You are wrong on this you give the rest of the teams on their schedule too much credit.

Not really but if both teams are undefeated in the conference when they meet in DeKalb, it will really come down to whichever defense gets the most stops because the game will be high scoring
09-28-2014 09:10 PM
Campbell4President Offline
1st String

(09-28-2014 09:10 PM)Rocket_Fanatic Wrote:  
(09-28-2014 09:02 PM)rocketpaul Wrote:  ) Toledo will finish second in the division, unless they are able to get off to faster starts. The first half was a bad combination of poor execution, especially inside the 30. The coaches need to get it together. Too may wasted time-outs for nothing. Both the coaches and players need to be focused and ready to go come game time. Toledo will not beat NIU, unless that happens.

Not really but if both teams are undefeated in the conference when they meet in DeKalb, it will really come down to whichever defense gets the most stops because the game will be high scoring

I agree with that assessment. I also think that the team that scores the most points will win that game. 04-cheers
09-28-2014 09:26 PM
Advertisement

emanoh Offline
All American

I Root For:
To finish out the season, I think we will loose one game we shouldn't like Akron from last year. Get dubbed in a game we need to win (like last year) and the Iowa State Game will be the difference in a 4 or 5 loss season. Flip a coin on if we get offered a bowl.
(This post was last modified: 09-28-2014 09:33 PM by emanoh.)
09-28-2014 09:31 PM
owen Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ham sandwich
(09-28-2014 09:31 PM)emanoh Wrote:  To finish out the season, I think we will loose one game we shouldn't like Akron from last year. Get dubbed in a game we need to win (like last year) and the Iowa State Game will be the difference in a 4 or 5 loss season. Flip a coin on if we get offered a bowl.

very possible
09-28-2014 09:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
1st String

(09-28-2014 09:31 PM)emanoh Wrote:  To finish out the season, I think we will loose one game we shouldn't like Akron from last year. Get dubbed in a game we need to win (like last year) and the Iowa State Game will be the difference in a 4 or 5 loss season. Flip a coin on if we get offered a bowl.

That's my thought too. Regardless of the outcome of the season as a whole, the BG game is going to be fun. Win #5 in a row on them and the Rockets are probably going to have like 700 yards of offense. If Hunt is healthy, he'll have 200 yards by halftime.
(This post was last modified: 09-28-2014 10:00 PM by Campbell4President.)
09-28-2014 09:58 PM
Rocket_Fanatic Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo!
(09-28-2014 09:26 PM)Campbell4President Wrote:  

I agree with that assessment. I also think that the team that scores the most points will win that game. 04-cheers

Unless we have the refs from Syracuse, they may get confused at the end and screw NIU...04-chairshot
09-28-2014 10:10 PM
1st String

(09-28-2014 10:10 PM)Rocket_Fanatic Wrote:  

Unless we have the refs from Syracuse, they may get confused at the end and screw NIU...04-chairshot

03-lmfao
09-28-2014 10:11 PM
Advertisement

H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
Everyone knocks coaching but who saw the glitch in their kick coverage and decided on the on-side kick? Brilliant call and BRILLIANT execution. That was one for a training film. Remember Woodside is just getting his feet wet and starting to look pretty good. His ball fakes are easily the best since Bruce. And I LOVE to see us throw the ball (literally) north and south. We have some serious deep threats in Olack and Russell.
09-29-2014 07:03 AM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(09-29-2014 07:03 AM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  Everyone knocks coaching but who saw the glitch in their kick coverage and decided on the on-side kick? Brilliant call and BRILLIANT execution. That was one for a training film. Remember Woodside is just getting his feet wet and starting to look pretty good. His ball fakes are easily the best since Bruce. And I LOVE to see us throw the ball (literally) north and south. We have some serious deep threats in Olack and Russell.

Woodside's 4th career start.
09-29-2014 08:02 AM
BDV27 Offline
1st String

(09-29-2014 07:03 AM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  Everyone knocks coaching but who saw the glitch in their kick coverage and decided on the on-side kick? Brilliant call and BRILLIANT execution. That was one for a training film. Remember Woodside is just getting his feet wet and starting to look pretty good. His ball fakes are easily the best since Bruce. And I LOVE to see us throw the ball (literally) north and south. We have some serious deep threats in Olack and Russell.

This team has should win the MAC. I haven't seen a B10 team with as much talent at Running Back as Toledo has. Hunt is an absolute stud, if he only can stay healthy, he will tear up the MAC. Our Offensive and Defensive Lines are very solid. We have excellent receivers and a Quarterback that has a very nice arm and moxy. He is only going to get better and better. We haven't had this good a QB since Bruce. And I think all three QB's on the roster may be better than any QB we have had in the last 10 years. We have ONE major weak link, and that is the secondary. We just do do not cover well. We give way to much fusion. We never disguise our coverages. Those two fade patterns in the end zone this past week were as easy a play to cover that you can have and the corner just didn't play the ball, twice. It wasn't like they were throwing to Calvin Johnson. The only player in the secondary that seems to break on the ball well is Whittaker. It has been for way too long that we have played poorly in the secondary. Ball skills need to be practiced every day and I just don't think it is being empathized enough. Who is our secondary coach? Whoever he is, he isn't getting the job done and it will cost us a MAC Championship again if it doesn't get fixed. I really don't think talent is the issue. I think coaching in the defensive secondary is just really sub par.
09-29-2014 08:12 AM
Toledo Football 1st Offline
All Rockets All The Time

I Root For: T O L E D O

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
(09-29-2014 08:12 AM)BDV27 Wrote:  This team has should win the MAC. I haven't seen a B10 team with as much talent at Running Back as Toledo has. Hunt is an absolute stud, if he only can stay healthy, he will tear up the MAC. Our Offensive and Defensive Lines are very solid. We have excellent receivers and a Quarterback that has a very nice arm and moxy. He is only going to get better and better. We haven't had this good a QB since Bruce. And I think all three QB's on the roster may be better than any QB we have had in the last 10 years. We have ONE major weak link, and that is the secondary. We just do do not cover well. We give way to much fusion. We never disguise our coverages. Those two fade patterns in the end zone this past week were as easy a play to cover that you can have and the corner just didn't play the ball, twice. It wasn't like they were throwing to Calvin Johnson. The only player in the secondary that seems to break on the ball well is Whittaker. It has been for way too long that we have played poorly in the secondary. Ball skills need to be practiced every day and I just don't think it is being empathized enough. Who is our secondary coach? Whoever he is, he isn't getting the job done and it will cost us a MAC Championship again if it doesn't get fixed. I really don't think talent is the issue. I think coaching in the defensive secondary is just really sub par.

Great insights and thanks for posting with us! Welcome!
(This post was last modified: 09-29-2014 08:20 AM by Toledo Football 1st.)
09-29-2014 08:20 AM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
Fresh blood! Good to have you, BDV.
09-29-2014 08:42 AM
Advertisement

FrickerRon Offline
Special Teams

(09-28-2014 10:10 PM)Rocket_Fanatic Wrote:  

I don't think we started slow, we scored 20 points in the first half, CMU had 7. Did we make some mistakes? Yes. Don't sell this team short. The defense is coming along. they brought a lot of pressure on their QB. Out offense can play with any team in the MAC. I see to many of you so called fans always bad mouthing this team. I wonder how many of you make to the game.
09-29-2014 09:15 AM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(09-29-2014 08:12 AM)BDV27 Wrote:  

This team has should win the MAC. I haven't seen a B10 team with as much talent at Running Back as Toledo has. Hunt is an absolute stud, if he only can stay healthy, he will tear up the MAC. Our Offensive and Defensive Lines are very solid. We have excellent receivers and a Quarterback that has a very nice arm and moxy. He is only going to get better and better. We haven't had this good a QB since Bruce. And I think all three QB's on the roster may be better than any QB we have had in the last 10 years. We have ONE major weak link, and that is the secondary. We just do do not cover well. We give way to much fusion. We never disguise our coverages. Those two fade patterns in the end zone this past week were as easy a play to cover that you can have and the corner just didn't play the ball, twice. It wasn't like they were throwing to Calvin Johnson. The only player in the secondary that seems to break on the ball well is Whittaker. It has been for way too long that we have played poorly in the secondary. Ball skills need to be practiced every day and I just don't think it is being empathized enough. Who is our secondary coach? Whoever he is, he isn't getting the job done and it will cost us a MAC Championship again if it doesn't get fixed. I really don't think talent is the issue. I think coaching in the defensive secondary is just really sub par.

Amazing how much better the Secondary looks when the Rockets are able to pressure the QB. The front 7 need to do a better job of getting off their blocks quickly and making the plays. UT has to get to the QB when they send in a Blitz, a step late isn't going to cut it.
09-29-2014 09:17 AM
FMRocket Offline
All American

I Root For: UT Blue & Gold
2-0 in the MAC, with an important game coming up. Right where we need to be. Hopefully no more injuries this week, and staying focused, one game at a time...
09-29-2014 09:34 AM
BDV27 Offline
1st String

(09-29-2014 09:17 AM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  
(09-29-2014 08:12 AM)BDV27 Wrote:  

Amazing how much better the Secondary looks when the Rockets are able to pressure the QB. The front 7 need to do a better job of getting off their blocks quickly and making the plays. UT has to get to the QB when they send in a Blitz, a step late isn't going to cut it.

No question we need more pressure. Especially when our secondary is struggling. It is actually easier to cover when your team blitzes, because you know the ball is coming out quicker and the chance of a double move by the receiver is less likely. We give way too much cushion when we are blitzing in most cases. We need to start playing more aggressive on defense. Show a cover three shell and jump into cover two at the snap. That is how you cause turnovers and confuse the QB. We NEVER do this. We have an Offense that can score with anyone. Stop playing passive Defense.
09-29-2014 09:39 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.