Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Trey Grundy verbals to UNCW
Bookmark and Share
billthebighawksfan Offline
All American

I Root For: UNCW
Trey Grundy verbals to UNCW
Another 3 star Scout, ESPN et al player verballed to UNCW today. He's 6'6", athletic and will play for Hargrave for 1 year. This makes sense for UNCW's needs. Getting another athletic WF was smart for this roster and will be perfect for an uptempo type of game. This wraps up the 2015 class. And, it was a VERY good one.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/story/135327...es-to-2015
(This post was last modified: 09-28-2014 01:46 PM by billthebighawksfan.)
09-28-2014 01:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

70shawk Offline
All American

I Root For: Brandon University
RE: Trey Grundy verbals to UNCW
Cue The Mullet in 3..2...1.....
(This post was last modified: 09-28-2014 03:52 PM by 70shawk.)
09-28-2014 03:29 PM
70shawk Offline
All American

09-28-2014 03:58 PM
Proff Offline
1st String

Appears to be a good get. Just hope he has a full recovery from his ACL problem.
09-29-2014 11:46 AM
Advertisement

70shawk Offline
All American

(09-29-2014 11:46 AM)Proff Wrote:  Appears to be a good get. Just hope he has a full recovery from his ACL problem.

I imagine that Keatts' commitment to him despite the ACL injury is the reason we got him.

What's amazing to me is that all of this has happened despite our horrific record and dysfunction of the past 7 or 8 years. UNCW glory days are ancient history to today's players. So none of the recruitment can be attributed to past success. Got to be Keatts' connections and his painting a vision that sells.
09-29-2014 08:24 PM
Proff Offline
1st String

True. Keats certainly seems to be very well connected and that's a good thing. Right now I feel good about the future but have been around long enough to know that the future can hold a myriad of possible outcomes. That being said, I feel more confident than I have for a while in the future of Hawk basketball.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
09-30-2014 08:18 AM
70shawk Offline
All American

(09-30-2014 08:18 AM)Proff Wrote:  Right now I feel good about the future but have been around long enough to know that the future can hold a myriad of possible outcomes.

No doubt. But I think most of us haven't fully realized how badly UNCW was hurt by all of the dysfunction of the past 8 years, particularly due to that fact that it all happened while college athletics have realigned so dramatically. SOMETHING dramatic needed to happen, and quickly, to put us back into the game (and without the financial resources that 8 years of success, instead of failure, would have brought), and Keatts has been the big variable that has changed.

Now he needs to actually win games...but so far it's been way better than "so good".
10-01-2014 05:27 AM
Proff Offline
1st String

No doubt. When you're sinking - once under water - its hard to tell how fast you're going down. Our rate of descent has been faster than a lead submarine with screen doors.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
10-01-2014 09:37 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.