Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Pitt escapes Buffalo with win
mattsarz Offline
TV Guide

I Root For: SU, Ariz. St.
Pitt escapes Buffalo with win
70-67. UB was ready for them and led by double digits several times during the game. Pitt was game though and battled quite well on a tough road court. 6300 in attendance at a place that seats 6100+.
12-09-2006 05:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

JFlight21 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati

Saw the end of your game. You guys are the class of the BE this year. Cincy also got a win today at Temple. Next week: The Crosstown Shootout against Xavier and then The Wooden Tradition vs. Ohio State.
12-09-2006 06:29 PM
Find all posts by this user
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators

JFlight21 Wrote:Saw the end of your game. You guys are the class of the BE this year. Cincy also got a win today at Temple. Next week: The Crosstown Shootout against Xavier and then The Wooden Tradition vs. Ohio State.

Wow thats great that Cincy came back to win. I saw the highlights on espn and Cincy was way down and I thought they would lose. Congrats Cincy and Pitt.
12-09-2006 07:44 PM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Re: Pitt escapes Buffalo with win
mattsarz Wrote:70-67. UB was ready for them and led by double digits several times during the game. Pitt was game though and battled quite well on a tough road court. 6300 in attendance at a place that seats 6100+.

one more sign that BUFFALO needs to be the BE next member.
12-10-2006 11:55 AM
Advertisement

zibby Offline
All American

I Root For:
goodknightfl Wrote:one more sign that BUFFALO needs to be the BE next member.

We already knew Buffalo had a better football team than UCF. I guess this shows their basketball team is better, too.
12-10-2006 12:41 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
goodknightfl Wrote:
mattsarz Wrote:70-67. UB was ready for them and led by double digits several times during the game. Pitt was game though and battled quite well on a tough road court. 6300 in attendance at a place that seats 6100+.

So we should take Buffalo ahead of the UCFers?
12-10-2006 01:09 PM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
TexanMark Wrote:
goodknightfl Wrote:

U need to swap them with USF.. and save the travel expenses.. its all about gas $$$$$ lmfao
12-11-2006 09:08 AM
Advertisement

mattsarz Offline
TV Guide

I Root For: SU, Ariz. St.
TexanMark Wrote:
goodknightfl Wrote:

IF they could figure out I-A football, I personally think they would be an ideal place for the Big East to root themselves. They are close to both Pitt and Syracuse. A football stadium of I-A size is already in place (no idea if its expandable) and the basketball arena is fairly new and good size for an on-campus arena, plus the HSBC Arena could be used for home games involving high profile opponents (any SU fans who went vs. Canisius or UConn fans from the '04 tourney want to chime in on HSBC Arena?).

I'm not campaigning for them, but its a headscratcher to me sometimes that some BEast fans would rather have a I-AA build a bunch of facilities and hedge themselves as nomads at the I-A level for years vs. having an established I-A school in the Big East region (yes, I know football sucks).
12-11-2006 12:43 PM
Shannon Panther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Pitt

Donators
mattsarz Wrote:
TexanMark Wrote:
goodknightfl Wrote:

IF they could figure out I-A football, I personally think they would be an ideal place for the Big East to root themselves. They are close to both Pitt and Syracuse. A football stadium of I-A size is already in place (no idea if its expandable) and the basketball arena is fairly new and good size for an on-campus arena, plus the HSBC Arena could be used for home games involving high profile opponents (any SU fans who went vs. Canisius or UConn fans from the '04 tourney want to chime in on HSBC Arena?).

I'm not campaigning for them, but its a headscratcher to me sometimes that some BEast fans would rather have a I-AA build a bunch of facilities and hedge themselves as nomads at the I-A level for years vs. having an established I-A school in the Big East region (yes, I know football sucks).

UMass and UDel would both beat Buffalo, Villanove would give them a game.
12-11-2006 01:45 PM
nyquil Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Buffalo
mattsarz Wrote:IF they could figure out I-A football, I personally think they would be an ideal place for the Big East to root themselves. They are close to both Pitt and Syracuse. A football stadium of I-A size is already in place (no idea if its expandable) and the basketball arena is fairly new and good size for an on-campus arena, plus the HSBC Arena could be used for home games involving high profile opponents (any SU fans who went vs. Canisius or UConn fans from the '04 tourney want to chime in on HSBC Arena?)

The football stadium is a relic left over from the 93 World University Games and has a track around the field. THe University could most likely lower the field and do away with the track.
12-11-2006 06:52 PM
Advertisement

zibby Offline
All American

I Root For:
nyquil Wrote:The football stadium is a relic left over from the 93 World University Games and has a track around the field. THe University could most likely lower the field and do away with the track.

Don't forget the cheap ass bleachers put in the end zones to make the stadium compliant with the I-A 30,000 minimum seat requirement. The football stadium would need a lot of work, but if they lowered the field and then added seats below the current seats to field level and put in decent seating in the end zones, they could probably expand it to 35-40 thousand seats. The basketball arena is actually much older, but they just put in new seats, replacing bleachers on three sides. HSBC Arena is about a 30-minute drive from UB and the university would rather not play high profile games there because they'd lose a lot of money on concessions and on the cost of renting the arena. It makes sense for Canisius to play there because they're much closer and their gym only holds about 2,000.

As for UB in the Big East...I don't see it for several reasons. First and foremost, I don't think Syracuse would let it happen. Second, there just isn't enough football talent in upstate New York. Third, UB doesn't get the same amount of state support that a UConn gets. It's one of four "university centers" and one of a jillion schools that gets state funding.

I'd rather see UB go back to I-AA football, join the America East and try to get in the A-10 for other sports if/when the split happens and the Catholic schools raid the A-10 for more members. I think that's where they would be now if the MAC hadn't added them. I think UB should consider schools like UMass and New Hampshire and Delaware peers rather than UConn and Syracuse.
12-11-2006 07:58 PM
nyquil Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Buffalo

With Simpson as President, Warde Manuel as AD, and Turner Gill as the coach there is absolutely no way football is dropping back to I-A. The possibilty is so remote that you shouldn't waste a second on it.

As far as aiming at New Hampshire being a school we are on par with instead of SU or UConn, way to aim low. No offense to NH fans.
12-14-2006 02:19 AM
zibby Offline
All American

I Root For:

nyquil Wrote:With Simpson as President, Warde Manuel as AD, and Turner Gill as the coach there is absolutely no way football is dropping back to I-A. The possibilty is so remote that you shouldn't waste a second on it.

How much losing do you think Manuel or Gill will take before they decide to find some place better...or leave involuntarily? And why even bring up Simpson? The guy's like the Wizard of Oz...difficult to find and when you do get there, he's just a little man behind a curtain.

nyquil Wrote:As far as aiming at New Hampshire being a school we are on par with instead of SU or UConn, way to aim low. No offense to NH fans.

Using your logic, any student attending UB is aiming low because they're not attending an Ivy League school. And what any UB student accomplishes is meaningless...even if they make the Dean's List. Every student should attend an Ivy League school...even if they get all D's and F's because bad grades at an Ivy is better than good grades somewhere else.

And UB isn't even really in the "Ivy League" of college football. They're getting all D's and F's at the "Rochester" or "Colgate" of college football.
12-14-2006 08:19 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.