Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

"GOP defrauds voters"
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
"GOP defrauds voters"
So claims a labor union president.

Quote:The GOP is working desperately to deny the right to vote to citizens it doesn’t like. You know, poor people, black people, Hispanic people, old people, female people, especially people it believes are inclined to vote for Democrats.

You want to know why democracies fail? It's liars like this.

Keep it up leftists. You're tearing down the US, and are likely to get the war you've been pushing for.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/leo-w-gera...lp00000592
09-22-2014 07:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

oklalittledixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Oklahoma
RE: "GOP defrauds voters"
"You know, the illegal alien and the unregistered voters that us unions have relied on."
09-22-2014 08:27 AM
john01992 Offline
Former ESPNer still in recovery mode

I Root For: John0 out!!!!
funny cuz it's true:

"In 2011, both houses of the Texas Legislature were controlled by large Republican majorities, and their redistricting decisions were designed to increase the Republican Party’s electoral prospects at the expense of the Democrats.6 It is perfectly constitutional for a Republican-controlled legislature to make partisan districting decisions, even if there are incidental effects on minority voters who support Democratic candidates. (“[A] jurisdiction may engage in constitutional political gerrymandering, even if it so happens that the most loyal Democrats happen to be black Democrats"

-State of Texas in a lawsuit defending gerrymandering

[Image: Voter+ID+laws.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2014 09:17 AM by john01992.)
09-22-2014 09:11 AM
NIUAlum90 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU
(09-22-2014 09:11 AM)john01992 Wrote:  funny cuz it's true:

“It is perfectly constitutional for a Republican-controlled legislature to make partisan districting decisions, even if there are incidental effects on minority voters who support Democratic candidates.”

You don't live in IL. That is de rigeur for IL Dems, certain districts squeeze out every last D vote in a tri county area.
09-22-2014 09:18 AM
Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(09-22-2014 09:18 AM)NIUAlum90 Wrote:  

“It is perfectly constitutional for a Republican-controlled legislature to make partisan districting decisions, even if there are incidental effects on minority voters who support Democratic candidates.”

You don't live in IL. That is de rigeur for IL Dems, certain districts squeeze out every last D vote in a tri county area.

I like how Jon cherrypicks and pretends that Democrats don't gerrymandy every chance they get as well.

Typical.
09-22-2014 09:21 AM
DragonLair Offline
1st String

I Root For: Uab

"In 2011, both houses of the Texas Legislature were controlled by large Republican majorities, and their redistricting decisions were designed to increase the Republican Party’s electoral prospects at the expense of the Democrats.6 It is perfectly constitutional for a Republican-controlled legislature to make partisan districting decisions, even if there are incidental effects on minority voters who support Democratic candidates. (“[A] jurisdiction may engage in constitutional political gerrymandering, even if it so happens that the most loyal Democrats happen to be black Democrats"

I would just like to point out that the question posed in the picture and the "answer" given have nothing to do with each other.

The questions posed is voter id laws supprese votes.

The "answer" talks about blacks wanting the gravy train to continue.
09-22-2014 09:27 AM
Advertisement

john01992 Offline

(09-22-2014 09:21 AM)Crebman Wrote:  

I like how Jon cherrypicks and pretends that Democrats don't gerrymandy every chance they get as well.

Typical.

In the 2012 house elections Democratic candidates received 1.5 million more votes than their Republican counterparts, and yet the Republicans sent 33 more members to congress than their Democratic counterparts.

Lemme guess that stat doesn't count either because it's "cherry picked"
09-22-2014 09:29 AM
john01992 Offline

(09-22-2014 09:27 AM)DragonLair Wrote:  

I would just like to point out that the question posed in the picture and the "answer" given have nothing to do with each other.

the interview that that quote came from was about vote ID laws suppressing the vote. It was Mr. Yelton who couldn't seem to stay on topic. The law that he is referring to in that quote is in fact a voter ID law.
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2014 09:42 AM by john01992.)
09-22-2014 09:31 AM
john01992 Offline

give me a fu.cken break...

Illinois
2012 election:
Obama 58%
Romney 41%

Congressional split:
Democrats 57%
Republicans 43%

Texas
2012 election:
Obama 41%
Romney 57%

Congressional split:
Democrats 31%
Republicans 69%

It doesn't get any more telling than that...
09-22-2014 09:41 AM
DrTorch Offline

(09-22-2014 09:27 AM)DragonLair Wrote:  I would just like to point out that the question posed in the picture and the "answer" given have nothing to do with each other.

Exactly. But johnnyzero likes the fear mongering.
09-22-2014 09:45 AM
DragonLair Offline
1st String

(09-22-2014 09:31 AM)john01992 Wrote:  

the interview that that quote came from was about vote ID laws suppressing the vote. It was Mr. Yelton who couldn't seem to stay on topic. The law that he is referring to in that quote is in fact a voter ID law.

That may be the case but that Picture is a non sequitur.

In either case the answer he gives has nothing to do with voter suppression. Its not hard to get an id.

I dont understand how that is unreasonable to ask for an ID to vote.
09-22-2014 09:51 AM
Advertisement

Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
Keep it up leftists. You're tearing down the US, and are likely to get the war you've been pushing for.

fearmongering??????? Know thy name.
09-22-2014 09:51 AM
DrTorch Offline

(09-22-2014 09:51 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  Keep it up leftists. You're tearing down the US, and are likely to get the war you've been pushing for.

fearmongering??????? Know thy name.

Your trolling is weak.
09-22-2014 09:53 AM
john01992 Offline

(09-22-2014 09:45 AM)DrTorch Wrote:  
(09-22-2014 09:27 AM)DragonLair Wrote:  I would just like to point out that the question posed in the picture and the "answer" given have nothing to do with each other.

nope, nope, nope.

the question had absolutely EVERYTHING to do with voter ID laws. That was the question asked. The "answer" was where things went down the welfare talking point.

it's funny how you just take his word as fact just because it's something that you WANT to believe.
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2014 09:57 AM by john01992.)
09-22-2014 09:55 AM
john01992 Offline

(09-22-2014 09:51 AM)DragonLair Wrote:  

In either case the answer he gives has nothing to do with voter suppression.

except for the whole "this law is going to kick the dems in the butt" part of it...
09-22-2014 09:57 AM
DragonLair Offline
1st String

(09-22-2014 09:57 AM)john01992 Wrote:  
(09-22-2014 09:51 AM)DragonLair Wrote:  

In either case the answer he gives has nothing to do with voter suppression.

except for the whole "this law is going to kick the dems in the butt" part of it...

Not really, Democrats supposedly manipulate votes to there advantage. Whether this is true or not it doesn't matter because the perception is that they do. So when he is saying this he is speaking to the manipulation of votes and if there are voter id laws it is going to hurt the democratic party.

Again though i don't see how requiring a ID to vote is an obstacle. Its not like there is a reading requirement or land owning requirement. It is a 5-10 dollar expense in most states to get an ID.
09-22-2014 10:10 AM
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline

(09-22-2014 09:55 AM)john01992 Wrote:  
(09-22-2014 09:45 AM)DrTorch Wrote:  

nope, nope, nope.

the question had absolutely EVERYTHING to do with voter ID laws. That was the question asked. The "answer" was where things went down the welfare talking point.

it's funny how you just take his word as fact just because it's something that you WANT to believe.

I actually read the picture that you posted. I can understand English. You, not so much.
09-22-2014 10:15 AM
Machiavelli Offline

Then offer it for free. It's another poll tax for people without one. End of story.

btw.

It's Hilarious in the same thread a guy can come out and threaten civil war and then complain about fear mongering in another post. You have quite the disconnect Torch. Good for thee but not for me. Simply amazing.
09-22-2014 10:16 AM
Machiavelli Offline

Likely to get the WAR you are pushing for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Limp wristed LIBRULS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep pushin' keep it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

What a caricature you are.
09-22-2014 10:19 AM
Machiavelli Offline

Honestly Torch.

How on one hand can you threaten CIVIL F'in WAR and in the next complain about someone fearmongering. Honestly think that one through there Thunder Buddy.
09-22-2014 10:20 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.