Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

‘Bridge-gate’ probe reportedly finding no evidence of Christie involvement
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America

This is what the Obama Dept. of Injustice is focused on. The essence of a politically motivated investigation. And It Still Ain't Over. Could Someone Find the Lerner E-mails? Please? Pretty Please? Benghazi? Please there were dead Americans. Fast and Furious? More Dead Americans. Holder hiding under Obama's skirt.

Quote:New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie’s longstanding claims that he had nothing to do with the controversial closure of bridge lanes a year ago appear to have been buoyed by a new report saying no evidence of a Christie connection has turned up.

NBC affiliate Channel 4 in New York quoted unnamed federal officials saying that after nine months of a federal investigation, they have found no evidence the Republican governor had any knowledge of, or directed, the lane closures on the George Washington Bridge in September of last year.

Christie, addressing the report on his “Ask the Governor” show on NJ 101.5 FM, said he wasn’t surprised by the report, because as he has said before, he had nothing to do with the closures, no matter what his political rivals say.

“Obviously we will wait to hear what whatever the authorities have to say, but this report comes as no shock to me,” said Christie, who is still thought to be mulling a 2016 presidential run.

Christie went on to say an internal report released last year exonerating the governor was “pretty much excoriated at the time” as being a whitewash -- but now “appears to be true.”

Justice Department officials would not confirm the latest report when reached by Fox News.

“The investigation is not over,” said Rebekah Carmichael, of the U.S. Attorney’s Office in New Jersey, echoing what other federal officials stressed in the story.

According to the report, the investigation is ongoing and no final judgment has been made.

The now-infamous closures tied up rush hour traffic and led to massive gridlock on New Jersey streets from Monday, Sept. 9, through Friday, Sept. 13. Afterward, Christie’s deputy chief of staff Bridget Anne Kelly and election campaign manager Bill Stepien resigned after emails were published indicating they might have orchestrated the closures for political retribution.

Other state and Christie staff have also resigned since the “Bridge-gate” story broke in December.

While the motivations remain unclear, some critics suggest the tie-ups were designed to make trouble for Fort Lee Mayor Mark Sokolich for not endorsing Christie’s 2013 gubernatorial campaign.

Christie has repeatedly denied any scheme went any further up the food chain, but the closures are currently under investigation by the U.S. Attorney for the District of New Jersey, the New Jersey State Legislature and the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey.
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2014 07:25 AM by SumOfAllFears.)
09-20-2014 06:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

QuestionSocratic Offline
Banned

I Root For: Buffalo
RE: ‘Bridge-gate’ probe reportedly finding no evidence of Christie involvement
And in a related story, MSNBC closes shop due to lack of stories of interest to their viewer.
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2014 09:06 AM by QuestionSocratic.)
09-20-2014 08:01 AM
UConn-SMU Offline
often wrong, never in doubt

I Root For: the AAC
MSNBC's Chris Hayes may have to change his background photo of the G.W. Bridge.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
09-20-2014 10:29 AM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
Key phrase, " no evidence of involvement"

09-20-2014 11:19 AM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
The media is not nearly so monolithic in its pro-Democrat bias as it was in the pre-FOX era. Even so, the fact that this "news" story has been kept alive for so long is a reminder that the media is still predominantly liberal/Democrat turf. And perhaps a valuable wake-up call to Chris Christie, who seemed not to realize that fact until the word "Bridgegate" entered the media's vocabulary.
09-20-2014 11:27 AM
UConn-SMU Offline
often wrong, never in doubt

I Root For: the AAC
IMHO, the media (ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, NY Times, Wash Post) are just as left wing now as they were 40 years ago. The only difference today is they no longer have a monopoly (thank God).

09-20-2014 11:58 AM
Advertisement

Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
Uh oh.

Former Christie Ally Admits BridgeGate Was Revenge Plot Against Mayor

Quote:A former ally of New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie ® admitted Friday that he directed lane closures on the George Washington Bridge to punish a local politician for refusing to endorse the governor's 2013 re-election bid.

Can you say plausible deniability? Sure you can. 03-lmfao
05-01-2015 01:12 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
1. This has been well known for some time, no news here.
2. This doesn't implicate Christie. Maybe something will come out that does, but this doesn't. Then again, maybe not.
3. This is clearly far more significant than millions to the Clintons to buy influence. NOT.
05-01-2015 01:24 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
I can't think of anything less significant on a national level.

I don't give a **** if some Gov. in some state does this type of ****, Republican or Democrat. It's an issue for the folks of New Jersey alone, not the rest of us.
05-01-2015 01:26 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

But yet you two clicked on the story and chose to comment anyway?

Curious though...I rarely see you two telling ERC how pointless his threads are. Interesting......

Bottom line...I don't really give two ***** what Christie did or didn't do anyway because he'll never be President, much less run. I just found it pretty hilarious that GOP in any state would stoop so low.
05-01-2015 01:45 PM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
I have no stake in NJ and I am not voting for him either way. To summarize, I don't care.
05-01-2015 01:49 PM
Advertisement

miko33 Offline
Defender of Honesty and Integrity

I Root For: Alma Mater
(05-01-2015 01:26 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  I can't think of anything less significant on a national level.

I don't give a **** if some Gov. in some state does this type of ****, Republican or Democrat. It's an issue for the folks of New Jersey alone, not the rest of us.

What if he had aspirations to be president? That's the thing about stories like these. They're trivial and detract from the important things that are going on in the world - until they don't. You can make the same arguments about Obama when he was running for president. Who give's a sh!t where Obama went to church when he lived in Chicago and was a local politician? Plenty of conservatives did. Who cared if Obama attended parties and was friends with Ayers? That was just stuff he did awhile back when he was a nobody.

Point is whenever a politician thrusts him or herself into the spotlight, because of thinly veiled aspirations to pursue the highest elected office in the land, any and all news about the person is good to have out there because it gives all of us the opportunity to make informed decisions about who we are considering for president. If Christie was some slap ass governor who was lucky he even got that far, no one would give a sh!t. But when you have aspirations for more, and you interject yourself into the conversations, then...

For the record, I thought all news about Obama before the elections was valid - just like this news about Christie is valid.
05-01-2015 01:56 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-01-2015 01:56 PM)miko33 Wrote:  
(05-01-2015 01:26 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  I can't think of anything less significant on a national level.

What if he had aspirations to be president? That's the thing about stories like these. They're trivial and detract from the important things that are going on in the world - until they don't. You can make the same arguments about Obama when he was running for president. Who give's a sh!t where Obama went to church when he lived in Chicago and was a local politician? Plenty of conservatives did. Who cared if Obama attended parties and was friends with Ayers? That was just stuff he did awhile back when he was a nobody.

Point is whenever a politician thrusts him or herself into the spotlight, because of thinly veiled aspirations to pursue the highest elected office in the land, any and all news about the person is good to have out there because it gives all of us the opportunity to make informed decisions about who we are considering for president. If Christie was some slap ass governor who was lucky he even got that far, no one would give a sh!t. But when you have aspirations for more, and you interject yourself into the conversations, then...

For the record, I thought all news about Obama before the elections was valid - just like this news about Christie is valid.

Once he says he is running for President then I'm fine with worrying about it.

But, that isn't the case. He is just a loud mouth wannabe guido from a hell hole making noise.

Come to think of it, that's all he has ever been.
05-01-2015 01:58 PM
miko33 Offline

(05-01-2015 01:58 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  

But, that isn't the case. He is just a loud mouth wannabe guido from a hell hole making noise.

Then don't consume the news when it comes to Christie. If it wasn't for this, I bet he would have thrown is hat in the ring to run for president.
05-01-2015 01:59 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-01-2015 01:59 PM)miko33 Wrote:  

Then don't consume the news when it comes to Christie. If it wasn't for this, I bet he would have thrown is hat in the ring to run for president.

Say what?

They plastered this **** all over the place.
05-01-2015 02:02 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(05-01-2015 01:49 PM)EverRespect Wrote:  I have no stake in NJ and I am not voting for him either way. To summarize, I don't care.

You replied to tell people you don't care? Why not just not reply? 03-zzz
05-01-2015 03:00 PM
Advertisement

miko33 Offline

(05-01-2015 02:02 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  

Say what?

Well, you don't have a right to not be "offended". So I guess you'll have to figure out a way to cope with it until it runs its course.
05-01-2015 03:02 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-01-2015 03:02 PM)miko33 Wrote:  
(05-01-2015 02:02 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  
(05-01-2015 01:56 PM)miko33 Wrote:  What if he had aspirations to be president? That's the thing about stories like these. They're trivial and detract from the important things that are going on in the world - until they don't. You can make the same arguments about Obama when he was running for president. Who give's a sh!t where Obama went to church when he lived in Chicago and was a local politician? Plenty of conservatives did. Who cared if Obama attended parties and was friends with Ayers? That was just stuff he did awhile back when he was a nobody.

Say what?

Well, you don't have a right to not be "offended". So I guess you'll have to figure out a way to cope with it until it runs its course.

What are you even talking about?
05-01-2015 03:10 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

HOD, the only place where this news was "plastered all over the place" was on MSNBC.

Grab your remote.

Problem solved.
05-01-2015 03:13 PM
mptnstr@44 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Nati Bearcats
(09-20-2014 11:19 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  Key phrase, " no evidence of involvement"

Funny that you highlighted that. Maybe they are pulling that from the Clinton's playbook as "no shred of evidence" has been used by at least three Clinton/Democrat mouthpieces with regard to the Clinton Foundation Scandal: Brian Fallon, Lanny Davis and Josh Ernest.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/hillary-cl...RzZWMDc3I-

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2...nduct.html

It's funny to me that none of them proclaims HRC's or the Clinton Foundation's innocence. They all just say there is no evidence.
#parsingwords
#definitionofwhatisis
05-01-2015 04:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.