Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Entire MAC is...
Bookmark and Share
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
Entire MAC is...
Down down down down down... It has to be if this Toledo team is 10 point favorites vs. one of its bugaboos BALL STATE. Id rather have 5 years of winninng seasons than be up and down like BSU and still not have a MAC title. Looks like they wont finish bowl eligible with their MAC schedule basing off that indiana State loss. Hope we can score tons of points. Losinh Wenning was huge for them.
09-15-2014 11:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
RE: Entire MAC is...
(09-15-2014 11:02 AM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  Down down down down down... It has to be if this Toledo team is 10 point favorites vs. one of its bugaboos BALL STATE. Id rather have 5 years of winninng seasons than be up and down like BSU and still not have a MAC title. Looks like they wont finish bowl eligible with their MAC schedule basing off that indiana State loss. Hope we can score tons of points. Losinh Wenning was huge for them.

NIU 14 point dog to Arkansas
BGSU 22 point dog to Wisconsin
CMU 5.5 point dog to Kansas
Miami O 28.5 points to UCinn
Indiana 17 point dog to Mizzou
EMU 45pts to MSU.
09-15-2014 11:29 AM
tampabayrocketfan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: U of Toledo
I have a very good feeling that UT will win the Ball State game. Its a must win in my opinion to get things back on track.
09-15-2014 12:10 PM
7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

I Root For: NIU
NIU is 3-0.
09-15-2014 12:15 PM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(09-15-2014 12:15 PM)7 Wrote:  NIU is 3-0.

Any of the teams the Huskies have played so far likely to be a Bowl team after the regular season?
09-15-2014 01:38 PM
7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

(09-15-2014 01:38 PM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  

Any of the teams the Huskies have played so far likely to be a Bowl team after the regular season?

Well that bodes for NIU when they play Toledo then.
09-15-2014 01:55 PM
Advertisement

inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo Rockets

Not a chance.
09-15-2014 01:58 PM
toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
Quote:Any of the teams the Huskies have played so far likely to be a Bowl team after the regular season?

But beating NW and UNLV on the road, leading the way both games is what makes them the team excluded from the MAC sucking this year.

The MAC is in a down year, yes. Compared to last year and/or what looks for the conference....

GOOD:
- NIU looks to be a good team this year again. Not as good as their peak years, but good nonetheless.
- Akron seems like they'll be contending for the MAC East title. Improved with Bowden; not a surprise.
- WMU seems to be crawling out of the basement. Solidly winning in Idaho on the road and scoring more points in 2 games than they seemed to all year last year.

NEUTRAL:
- Bowling Green gets Stomped by W. Kentucky but beats Indiana. Huh? Well, new coach, now a new QB. Can't hate it, can't love it.
- UMass seems to be not such a doormat this year. Took Colorado & (bad) Vandy of SEC down to the wire to lose both. If they had any history of goodness, I would put this as Good.
- Toledo woke up and Stomped a #4 FCS team. Nice! But then gets Solidly Beat at HOME by Missouri -- but then completely creamed by Cinci until it was too late to overcome a comeback. Not good. The skitzo team of the MAC?
- CMU Solidly Beats @Purdue more than ND did on neutral turf, but then gets blown out by Syracuse at HOME. Yeah, injuries are one thing -- getting stomped at home is another by a destined .500 ACC team. Another skitzo -- but I guess CMU shows promise to be OK. Beat Kansas, and you'll be in the Good.

BAD & UGLY:
- Ball State was beating Iowa almost the whole game, and then choked. Then lost to D1AA. Really? No O? Seriously? MAC lost a strength
- Miami-OH seems like they may be coming out from the basement, from 0-12 last year -- but losing to a D1AA and only scoring 10 pts off UofM's many turnovers negates their fair showing against Marshall opening game. Uggh.
- EMU has a new coach, and EMU fan(s) were pumped. Only to barely beat a bad D1AA team, and then to get raped the rest of the way. Nice D against Old Dominion? Yeah. Only bright spot. At best, they'll be semi-competitive in the last stretch of the season.
- Kent State just sucks. No improvement, just went down.
- Ohio has Frank Solich as their coach, and still can't go anywhere respectable. Blown out by Marshall more than Miami-OH did, and Marshall's their rival. They can't score. They barely beat Kent on the road, which at first looked promising, but now, looks like they're just a shade better than Horrible. Come on, guys.
- Buffalo doesn't seem to have anything really going. Getting stomped by Army. Sigh. And the Baylor game At Home did nothing to shed positive light on anything. They're aiming down, too.
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2014 02:04 PM by toddjnsn.)
09-15-2014 02:01 PM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(09-15-2014 02:01 PM)toddjnsn Wrote:  
Quote:Any of the teams the Huskies have played so far likely to be a Bowl team after the regular season?

But beating NW and UNLV on the road, leading the way both games is what makes them the team excluded from the MAC sucking this year.

The MAC is in a down year, yes. Compared to last year and/or what looks for the conference....

GOOD:
- NIU looks to be a good team this year again. Not as good as their peak years, but good nonetheless.
- Akron seems like they'll be contending for the MAC East title. Improved with Bowden; not a surprise.
- WMU seems to be crawling out of the basement. Solidly winning in Idaho on the road and scoring more points in 2 games than they seemed to all year last year.

NEUTRAL:
- Bowling Green gets Stomped by W. Kentucky but beats Indiana. Huh? Well, new coach, now a new QB. Can't hate it, can't love it.
- UMass seems to be not such a doormat this year. Took Colorado & (bad) Vandy of SEC down to the wire to lose both. If they had any history of goodness, I would put this as Good.
- Toledo woke up and Stomped a #4 FCS team. Nice! But then gets Solidly Beat at HOME by Missouri -- but then completely creamed by Cinci until it was too late to overcome a comeback. Not good. The skitzo team of the MAC?
- CMU Solidly Beats @Purdue more than ND did on neutral turf, but then gets blown out by Syracuse at HOME. Yeah, injuries are one thing -- getting stomped at home is another by a destined .500 ACC team. Another skitzo -- but I guess CMU shows promise to be OK. Beat Kansas, and you'll be in the Good.

BAD & UGLY:
- Ball State was beating Iowa almost the whole game, and then choked. Then lost to D1AA. Really? No O? Seriously? MAC lost a strength
- Miami-OH seems like they may be coming out from the basement, from 0-12 last year -- but losing to a D1AA and only scoring 10 pts off UofM's many turnovers negates their fair showing against Marshall opening game. Uggh.
- EMU has a new coach, and EMU fan(s) were pumped. Only to barely beat a bad D1AA team, and then to get raped the rest of the way. Nice D against Old Dominion? Yeah. Only bright spot. At best, they'll be semi-competitive in the last stretch of the season.
- Ohio has Frank Solich as their coach, and still can't go anywhere respectable. Blown out by Marshall more than Miami-OH did, and Marshall's their rival. They can't score. They barely beat Kent on the road, which at first looked promising, but now, looks like they're just a shade better than Horrible. Come on, guys.
- Buffalo doesn't seem to have anything really going. Getting stomped by Army. Sigh. And the Baylor game At Home did nothing to shed positive light on anything. They're aiming down, too.

Mizzou also knocked off UCF (the other preseason favorite for the AAC title besides UCinn) 38-10. Didn't help Toledo losing their starting QB in the 3rd Quarter against Mizzou.
09-15-2014 02:23 PM
rocketinchitown Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
(09-15-2014 02:23 PM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  

GOOD:

NEUTRAL:

BAD & UGLY:

Mizzou also knocked off UCF (the other preseason favorite for the AAC title besides UCinn) 38-10. Didn't help Toledo losing their starting QB in the 3rd Quarter against Mizzou.

Yes losing our QB in the third quarter didnt help, but the QB isn't what is defining this season. Its the ineffectiveness of the pass defense.
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2014 03:29 PM by rocketinchitown.)
09-15-2014 03:28 PM
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

I Root For: U of Toledo
(09-15-2014 03:28 PM)rocketinchitown Wrote:  

GOOD:

NEUTRAL:

BAD & UGLY:

Yes losing our QB in the third quarter didnt help, but the QB isn't what is defining this season. Its the ineffectiveness of the pass defense.

Agreed. Having seen Ely play the better part of his 2 games, I don't think he could have done any better against Cincinnati than Woodside did. If Woodside can get a bit better week-to-week, then he might actually solidify his hold on the starting spot for next season. Pass defense has possible cost us one or both losses. I wonder if the feeling was that we could play zone because the pass rush would have been more effective than it has been? Will be interesting to see how we do against Ball State's O line.
09-15-2014 03:55 PM
Advertisement

djsfw57 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Stephen F Austin, Toledo
"Its the ineffectiveness of the pass defense."

I'd add to that the ineffectiveness of the coaching staff. For some reason that I absolutely cannot comprehend, they seem totally incapable of making necessary adjustments in order to win games.
09-15-2014 03:57 PM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(09-15-2014 03:28 PM)rocketinchitown Wrote:  

GOOD:

NEUTRAL:

BAD & UGLY:

Except the QB by virtue of his effectiveness helps to keep your Defense off the field.
09-15-2014 04:03 PM
magoo Offline
2nd String

I Root For: TOLEDO
(09-15-2014 03:57 PM)djsfw57 Wrote:  "Its the ineffectiveness of the pass defense."

I'd add to that the ineffectiveness of the coaching staff. For some reason that I absolutely cannot comprehend, they seem totally incapable of making necessary adjustments in order to win games.

+1
09-15-2014 04:19 PM
MotoRocket Online
Heisman

I Root For:
We have reverted to the Lou West pass defense. when the ball is snapped drop back 5-10 yards immediately - then come to the ball to make the tackle after the reception - and hope they don't do a pump fake or you will be chasing the receiver from behind to make the tackle.

Tell me that doesn't sound familiar.
09-15-2014 06:46 PM
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo
Despite our porous defense, we are giving up fewer points and 80 fewer yards per game than that bowling green team. So, we have that.
09-15-2014 07:12 PM
Advertisement

therockets046 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: The Mud Hens
Umass is looking a lot like Akron of last year, where they go from the pits of college football the year before, to being competitive in games they should be losing big, but still losing. It'd be wise not to sleep on them like we slept on Akron last year. I still expect us to lose one more game that we shouldn't lose (basically any game other than NIU or Bowling Green), go 1-1 against NIU & Bowling Green, and I have no idea what to expect of the Iowa State game but it's probably going to be the deciding factor in whether we have a postseason because it's the difference between 7-5 and 8-4 but realistically, only the doominest of our current crowd of doomsayers is giving us no chance to win that one.
09-15-2014 07:21 PM
HuskieJWN Offline
All American

Has Toledo beaten a bowl team...wait. It's easy to talk about how good your opponents are when you lose. Makes it easier to tear down other teams wins.

Well we lost to better teams than you've beaten. To you tell people in Boca that your grandpa can beat up their grandpa?
09-16-2014 06:40 PM
owen Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ham sandwich
(09-16-2014 06:40 PM)HuskieJWN Wrote:  

Has Toledo beaten a bowl team...wait. It's easy to talk about how good your opponents are when you lose. Makes it easier to tear down other teams wins.

Well we lost to better teams than you've beaten. To you tell people in Boca that your grandpa can beat up their grandpa?

I'D RATHER HAVE WINS against Northwestern and UNLV.
09-18-2014 05:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(09-18-2014 05:13 PM)owen Wrote:  
(09-16-2014 06:40 PM)HuskieJWN Wrote:  

I'D RATHER HAVE WINS against Northwestern and UNLV.

It really doesn't tell you where your program is at
09-18-2014 05:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.