Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Huskies Made It!
Bookmark and Share
Citizen's Arrest Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: NIU
Huskies Made It!
NIU has finally made it big time. At least in my mind. Last year I was hoping for an Iowa win, but I was being realistic. I thought we would hang tough, but not have the depth. Maybe lose by 3 to 4 points. Same with a lot of teams we played in the past. I feel like NIU was close to taking the next step, but not there....yet.

Today, I felt like we should have been the favorites. This is just me personally, but NIU has finally made it. I was not shocked or overly excited that we won. My friends called me and congratulated me on a big win. I told them Northwestern beating us was bigger than NIU beating the cats. That's how I know we made it as a program (in my eyes).

Not sure on how others feel, but I would rather play tougher competition. I am ready to take the next step. We need to keep improving to someday make it to the Big 12 or whatever they may call it. The so called power 5 conferences want to stop losing to "lower" level competition. So proud to be a Huskie today as always! Remember sixteen years ago we were Eastern Michigan.
09-07-2014 02:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

huskiealum03 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU & Go Go Sox
RE: Huskies Made It!
What? We beat Iowa last year..along with Purdue. I felt we 'made it' when we got into the orange bowl, affirmed it with our big 10 wins last year. I EXPECTED to win at Northwestern
09-07-2014 07:28 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

pjfleck82 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU, XFL 2001
(09-07-2014 02:37 AM)Citizens Arrest Wrote:  NIU has finally made it big time. At least in my mind. Last year I was hoping for an Iowa win, but I was being realistic. I thought we would hang tough, but not have the depth. Maybe lose by 3 to 4 points. Same with a lot of teams we played in the past. I feel like NIU was close to taking the next step, but not there....yet.

Today, I felt like we should have been the favorites. This is just me personally, but NIU has finally made it. I was not shocked or overly excited that we won. My friends called me and congratulated me on a big win. I told them Northwestern beating us was bigger than NIU beating the cats. That's how I know we made it as a program (in my eyes).

Not sure on how others feel, but I would rather play tougher competition. I am ready to take the next step. We need to keep improving to someday make it to the Big 12 or whatever they may call it. The so called power 5 conferences want to stop losing to "lower" level competition. So proud to be a Huskie today as always! Remember sixteen years ago we were Eastern Michigan.

You may want to play tougher competition but until HS seats about 45K it aint gonna happen
09-07-2014 08:00 AM
cawoo22 Offline
Northern Yankee Prick

I Root For: The NIU Huskies
(09-07-2014 02:37 AM)Citizens Arrest Wrote:  NIU has finally made it big time. At least in my mind. Last year I was hoping for an Iowa win, but I was being realistic. I thought we would hang tough, but not have the depth. Maybe lose by 3 to 4 points. Same with a lot of teams we played in the past. I feel like NIU was close to taking the next step, but not there....yet.

Thank you for using the Walgreens pharmacy. Your prescription for ....Prozac.... is ready to be picked up.

Just havin' some fun with you, Citizen.
09-07-2014 08:07 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.