09-06-2014 07:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DM Blazer Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: The Blazers
RE: Special Message from Coach Clark
(09-06-2014 06:54 PM)WesternBlazer Wrote:  [Image: Post%20MSU%20Letter2.jpg]
What a class act and great coach we have.I hope we double the attendance next saturday from last game.Lets get behind this team because its going to be a great year.GO BLAZERS
09-06-2014 07:38 PM
DM Blazer Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: The Blazers
(09-06-2014 06:54 PM)WesternBlazer Wrote:  [Image: Post%20MSU%20Letter2.jpg]
What a class act and great coach we have.I hope we double the attendance next saturday from last game.Lets get behind this team because its going to be a great year.GO BLAZERS
09-06-2014 07:38 PM
Montgomery Blazer Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UAB
#BillClarkNation
09-06-2014 08:05 PM
FNblazer Offline
#freeuab

BlazerTalk Award
It's definitely a fine line--you want the guys to know that today was a great effort, but still be unsatisfied with losing. I think Clark himself has the most outlandish expectations for our program. That's the way I like it!
09-06-2014 08:25 PM
Advertisement

jcduncan13 Offline
All American

Wow, clark knows how to be a true coach. Small things like this help build a program.
09-06-2014 08:31 PM
stc Offline
If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong

I Root For: UAB!!!
Ill be there!
09-06-2014 08:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BlazerJoe Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB, Navy, ASU

Folding@NCAAbbs
I was disappointed in losses before; now, I'm not. Now, I'm thrilled at the progress the team has made from week to week. Yeah, it's a loss, but this is the first time I wasn't depressed and angry. This time, I saw a team that didn't give up. Down 20 points? Who cares; let's air it out and make them sweat.

I'm looking forward to the next game.
09-06-2014 08:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
blzrclub80 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Hope to account for 5 or 6 seats being filled for the A&M game.

posted from Nexus 7 v2013
09-08-2014 06:45 PM
FNblazer Offline
#freeuab

BlazerTalk Award
I'm hoping this carries over not just with home attendance, but leads to fans traveling with the team as well. We need to build the traveling fan base, and since it might be our last year in CUSA East, we need to take advantage of the drivable road games. It's not inconceivable for those of us in the BHM Metro to attend 10/12 regular season games.
09-08-2014 08:06 PM
Advertisement

gadblaze Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
Just think 2 plays and we win. The interception and the blocked kick. Both very correctable errors.
09-09-2014 03:52 PM
KSUBlazer Offline
Special Teams

(09-09-2014 03:52 PM)gadblaze Wrote:  Just think 2 plays and we win. The interception and the blocked kick. Both very correctable errors.

It may be more accurate to say "2 plays and the game turns out differently". It could just as easily have been turned into 60-20 loss as a 40-30something win.

Schrodinger's football...the team exists in a win and a loss at the same time until one or the other actually occurs. Unfortunately for us, we wound up with the loss when we opened the box. Maybe elsewhere in the multiverse, there is a set of UAB fans going nuts over their demolishing of the Moos.
09-09-2014 03:58 PM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Yeah, it's impossible to know, but fun to speculate.

Gotta admit, pull two gimme TDs off the board for them and see what happens.
09-09-2014 04:01 PM
blazr Away
Hall of Famer

(09-09-2014 03:58 PM)KSUBlazer Wrote:  
(09-09-2014 03:52 PM)gadblaze Wrote:  Just think 2 plays and we win. The interception and the blocked kick. Both very correctable errors.

It may be more accurate to say "2 plays and the game turns out differently". It could just as easily have been turned into 60-20 loss as a 40-30something win.

Schrodinger's football...the team exists in a win and a loss at the same time until one or the other actually occurs. Unfortunately for us, we wound up with the loss when we opened the box. Maybe elsewhere in the multiverse, there is a set of UAB fans going nuts over their demolishing of the Moos.

That is the absolute worst use of Schrodinger's cat (intended to illustrate quantum superposition) as an analogy that I have ever encountered.
09-09-2014 04:39 PM
TPBlaze84 Offline
1st String

(09-09-2014 04:39 PM)blazr Wrote:  

That is the absolute worst use of Schrodinger's cat (intended to illustrate quantum superposition) as an analogy that I have ever encountered.

Good thing this was a football thread on a sports message board and not a physics class.
09-09-2014 04:44 PM
Advertisement

KSUBlazer Offline
Special Teams

Seeing as I didn't do much with quantum physics during my studies of CS and accounting, I cheerfully admit it's rubbish. But I'm comfortable with that.

Boils down to it's not a win or a loss until the game is completed and the result is known. Just more of a series of events as opposed to taking the lid off the box.

Gooder?04-cheers
09-09-2014 05:57 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award

Blazr got to show off some learnin'.
09-09-2014 06:07 PM
BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

DonatorsDonators
He's just been watching too much Big Bang Theory.
09-09-2014 06:53 PM
blazr Away
Hall of Famer

(09-09-2014 05:57 PM)KSUBlazer Wrote:  

Seeing as I didn't do much with quantum physics during my studies of CS and accounting, I cheerfully admit it's rubbish. But I'm comfortable with that.

Boils down to it's not a win or a loss until the game is completed and the result is known. Just more of a series of events as opposed to taking the lid off the box.

Gooder?04-cheers

No biggie...I'm just a science nerd. One of the critical factors of Schrodinger's thought experiment is that it is a binary event: it happens only in the exact instance that observation occurs (the importance being the odd, but undeniable, fact that the state of a fundamental particle of the universe is somehow influenced, permanently, by our observation of it). A better analogy for a 3-hour football game would be quantum probability, which leads to the inevitable existence of an infinite number of universes and so the fact that there are many universes where we beat Miss St. in every way imaginable. Of course, there are also universes where we have a 100,000 seat OCS, are members of the SEC, and are looking down our noses at those snot-nosed brats in Tuscaloosa who should stop wasting money on football.

04-cheers
09-09-2014 07:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.