Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

So...I have a Question
Bookmark and Share
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
So...I have a Question
http://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlog/arc...esignation

Obviously...this tape is pretty darning evidence of all of Peterson's many, many issues.

But I have to wonder if there are not more problems to clear out at UALR, because of how that conversation openly began, and Peterson was certainly not the only participant.

Do you guys feel that a full athletic department cleanout is going to be needed to really resurrect UALR athletics, or can most everything be fixed by simply replacing the ringleader? Between the Norwood Scandal in this, I have to wonder from an outsider's perspective if there's not a whole bunch more issues than just a simple case of an AD running the place into the ground.

Also, do you feel that your current Chancellor bears any responsibility for some of this as well?

I'll hang up and listen.
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2014 01:52 AM by chiefsfan.)
09-04-2014 01:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

insideualr Offline
Lord of the Trojans

I Root For: UALR
So...I have a Question
Yes, its time to clean house.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
09-04-2014 05:08 AM
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR Trojans
RE: So...I have a Question
(09-04-2014 01:51 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  http://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlog/arc...esignation

Obviously...this tape is pretty darning evidence of all of Peterson's many, many issues.

But I have to wonder if there are not more problems to clear out at UALR, because of how that conversation openly began, and Peterson was certainly not the only participant.

Do you guys feel that a full athletic department cleanout is going to be needed to really resurrect UALR athletics, or can most everything be fixed by simply replacing the ringleader? Between the Norwood Scandal in this, I have to wonder from an outsider's perspective if there's not a whole bunch more issues than just a simple case of an AD running the place into the ground.

Also, do you feel that your current Chancellor bears any responsibility for some of this as well?

I'll hang up and listen.

Yes, I have wondered who the other voice was on the video, and if he might be in trouble too. I doubt seriously that all in the athletic department are tainted, but I'm sure some are. I think there are some good ones also. I've never had anyone that works there tell me anything, but I did get the impression from just casual conversation, that Peterson was hard to work for.

Yes, I believe the current chancellor bears some responsibility for sleeping on the job. I don't think he has closely kept up with what has been going on, or that athletics is on the very bottom of his concern list. As long as they paid the bills and no scandals reared their heads, everything could coast along. Looks like he could look around at all the empty seats and see that there was a problem that was getting worse every year.
09-04-2014 09:47 AM
Trojan Man Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: the underdog
[/quote]
I've never had anyone that works there tell me anything, but I did get the impression from just casual conversation, that Peterson was hard to work for.

[/quote]

Winner winner chicken dinner.
09-04-2014 09:58 AM
Advertisement

mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

There are some good folks in the department, but I am starting to fear that this was just the tip of the iceberg. We will get someone new in here and he will report directly to Chancellor Anderson about what he sees. I think that for the foreseeable future, Dr. Anderson will keep closer tabs on what's going on in the athletic department. I think like was said- before he was happy as long as athletics stayed out of the news (for negative things) and kept their head above water on the field, court, or pool.
09-04-2014 10:10 AM
chiefsfan Offline

(09-04-2014 09:47 AM)LRTrojan Wrote:  
(09-04-2014 01:51 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  http://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlog/arc...esignation

I'll hang up and listen.

Yes, I have wondered who the other voice was on the video, and if he might be in trouble too. I doubt seriously that all in the athletic department are tainted, but I'm sure some are. I think there are some good ones also. I've never had anyone that works there tell me anything, but I did get the impression from just casual conversation, that Peterson was hard to work for.

Yes, I believe the current chancellor bears some responsibility for sleeping on the job. I don't think he has closely kept up with what has been going on, or that athletics is on the very bottom of his concern list. As long as they paid the bills and no scandals reared their heads, everything could coast along. Looks like he could look around at all the empty seats and see that there was a problem that was getting worse every year.

It makes sense. I mean, you had someone attempting to black mail your athletic department earlier this year. That takes some serious pent up anger to do.
09-04-2014 11:53 AM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-04-2014 11:53 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

I'll hang up and listen.

It makes sense. I mean, you had someone attempting to black mail your athletic department earlier this year. That takes some serious pent up anger to do.

I was just told that your AD, at ASU, was a former football player at your school and thus deeply cares about your program. I wish we could get someone like that. Someone who sees it more than a job, but a mission to make UALR athletics the best it can be. Do we have a former player who is an athletic administration somewhere? I don't have a clue, but it might be a good place to start.
09-04-2014 12:52 PM
Advertisement

mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-04-2014 12:52 PM)mjs Wrote:  

I'll hang up and listen.

I was just told that your AD, at ASU, was a former football player at your school and thus deeply cares about your program. I wish we could get someone like that. Someone who sees it more than a job, but a mission to make UALR athletics the best it can be. Do we have a former player who is an athletic administration somewhere? I don't have a clue, but it might be a good place to start.

My ASU friend also asked what else was going on at UALR to cause Peterson to be fired. While what he said was silly and inappropriate, he didn't think it was enough to get someone fired unless you wanted him gone anyway. Even with it on tape, I agree, that it alone was not enough to get someone fired.
09-04-2014 12:59 PM
MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

I Root For: CHI ST, CROWLEY, TEX WES
Final straw.
09-04-2014 01:09 PM
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-04-2014 10:10 AM)mjs Wrote:  There are some good folks in the department, but I am starting to fear that this was just the tip of the iceberg. We will get someone new in here and he will report directly to Chancellor Anderson about what he sees. I think that for the foreseeable future, Dr. Anderson will keep closer tabs on what's going on in the athletic department. I think like was said- before he was happy as long as athletics stayed out of the news (for negative things) and kept their head above water on the field, court, or pool.

I'm sure there are a lot good people out there, and I'm sure some are glad to see Peterson gone. I suspect it would be hard to work for a dictator. I also suspect that the chancellor may be told by his boss to wake up and know what's going on. Had he been keeping up with the goings on in the athletic department, he could see that attendance was dropping every year. A blind man could see that. He comes to most of the games, so there is no reason he shouldn't have been alarmed with attendance falling off, that surely revenues were also.
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2014 01:18 PM by LRTrojan.)
09-04-2014 01:10 PM
Advertisement

LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

I have no reason to believe that Chancellor Anderson isn't a nice guy and a good school administrator, but I believe that he either had total trust in Peterson to run the athletic department, or he was only interested in it existing as long as it caused him no problems. I think it could have been both, or I think he would have questioned why we have not had more success in men's basketball and why all the empty seats. I was surprised to even get a reply to my email, but to get one the very next day was really surprising. Especially during that time period with all that going on at the time. That in itself caused me to believe that he is a good and nice person. Several here have said that they had emailed or written Chris Peterson and never got a reply.
09-04-2014 03:03 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(09-04-2014 12:52 PM)mjs Wrote:  

I'll hang up and listen.

Pretty much. He's not going to steer us wrong because of that.
09-04-2014 04:52 PM
ez272 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Little Rock

I'll hang up and listen.

I don't think so. The problem is not systemic. There are good people at UALR athletics and they need to be allowed to do their jobs without looking over their shoulders.
09-05-2014 08:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.