Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Lance McAllister's Favorite College Football Team Poll
Bookmark and Share
BigDawg Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
Lance McAllister's Favorite College Football Team Poll
I know many don't like Lance, but he is running a favorite college football team poll. UC currently has 44% of the vote with O$U at 30% (And UK at 7% with others lower). Since many UC guys boycott Lance, we need to get the vote where it really should be or be subjected to the thought that O$U has a large following in the area and more O$U programing. The poll is at:

http://www.700wlw.com/onair/lance-mcalis...-12713275/

08-28-2014 08:07 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bearcat2012 Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
RE: Lance McAllister's Favorite College Football Team Poll
(08-28-2014 08:07 AM)BigDawg Wrote:  I know many don't like Lance, but he is running a favorite college football team poll. UC currently has 44% of the vote with O$U at 30% (And UK at 7% with others lower). Since many UC guys boycott Lance, we need to get the vote where it really should be or be subjected to the thought that O$U has a large following in the area and more O$U programing. The poll is at:

http://www.700wlw.com/onair/lance-mcalis...-12713275/

Well since u posted ( a mere 10 minutes ago) its almost tied UC 40% OSU 39% , I suspect some OSU fan stuffing the box . Lance will take this poll as gospel and make a whole show about how Ohio st is more popular than UC in their own town if this plays out.

(This post was last modified: 08-28-2014 08:19 AM by Bearcat2012.)
08-28-2014 08:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mark Wolfram Offline
2nd String

41% to 39% Cincinnati now.

08-28-2014 08:21 AM
RedRocker Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC, UK's foe
42% Cats 38% $uckeyes

08-28-2014 08:31 AM
ThinkBigPine Offline
Dilly Dilly

I Root For: The Bearcats
You can vote multiple times.

08-28-2014 08:37 AM
ctipton Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: UC and the Reds

DonatorsDonators
I voted 25 times and it just stayed UC 42% Bucknuts 39%

08-28-2014 08:48 AM
Advertisement

Mark Wolfram Offline
2nd String

Ctip you have finally got it to 43% to 39%

08-28-2014 09:11 AM
CliftonAve Online
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
The Kentucky number will go up to about 10% once all their fans wake up for the morning.

08-28-2014 09:11 AM
CliftonAve Online
Heisman

(08-28-2014 08:48 AM)ctipton Wrote:  I voted 25 times and it just stayed UC 42% Bucknuts 39%

I bet the system only accepts one vote per IP address.

08-28-2014 09:13 AM
JPBearcat3 Offline
we'll do the rest, boys

I Root For: #BearcatNation
I went ahead and voted (anything to help the Bearcats, right?) - but I hope this isn't how Lance and others conduct their market research. I'm guessing it's a ploy to get pageviews and advertising dollars.

08-28-2014 09:47 AM
CliftonAve Online
Heisman

(08-28-2014 09:47 AM)JPBearcat3 Wrote:  I went ahead and voted (anything to help the Bearcats, right?) - but I hope this isn't how Lance and others conduct their market research. I'm guessing it's a ploy to get pageviews and advertising dollars.

According to several on here the market research is about who calls in (JChuges used to be an intern there if I recall so I believe him).

That being said if UC fairs poorly in this poll Lance will immediately have a topic about this being an OSU town.

08-28-2014 10:11 AM
Advertisement

bearcatlawjd Offline
All American

I Root For: UC
Ohio State isn't even a close second to UC in Cincinnati. They have some support but I believe Kentucky fans outnumber them in the metro area. Everything south of the river is Big Blue country. Once we get north of Middletown, Buckeye support increases. All you have to do is go into Rallyhouse, Champs, Dicks, Lids and the departments stores in the city to figure out what team has the strongest support. Rallyhouse on campus is all Bearcats with some Reds and Bengals gear mixed in. The store in Rookwood is mostly Bearcats, Reds, and Bengals mixed in with small amounts of Ohio State, Xavier, and Kentucky gear. The various stores in Kenwood Mall barely have any Buckeye gear while Kohl's off of Fields Ertel has an even split. If the Buckeyes were the most popular college football team in the city the various retail stores would reflect that. Buckeye gear does increase when you start to move north; however, if the you look at the entire metro area Ohio State isn't a factor in the city of Cincinnati or in Kentucky.

08-28-2014 10:30 AM
CliftonAve Online
Heisman

(08-28-2014 10:30 AM)bearcatlawjd Wrote:  Ohio State isn't even a close second to UC in Cincinnati. They have some support but I believe Kentucky fans outnumber them in the metro area. Everything south of the river is Big Blue country. Once we get north of Middletown, Buckeye support increases. All you have to do is go into Rallyhouse, Champs, Dicks, Lids and the departments stores in the city to figure out what team has the strongest support. Rallyhouse on campus is all Bearcats with some Reds and Bengals gear mixed in. The store in Rookwood is mostly Bearcats, Reds, and Bengals mixed in with small amounts of Ohio State, Xavier, and Kentucky gear. The various stores in Kenwood Mall barely have any Buckeye gear while Kohl's off of Fields Ertel has an even split. If the Buckeyes were the most popular college football team in the city the various retail stores would reflect that. Buckeye gear does increase when you start to move north; however, if the you look at the entire metro area Ohio State isn't a factor in the city of Cincinnati or in Kentucky.

Agreed. I live in Loveland and I must admit there are quite a few Buckeye fans around here (although still a strong number of UC fans). As you go further into 275 the OSU fan level dissapates.

You are right about the UK loyalty across the river. There is a very large contingent of the Big Blue Nation over there. I also find it pretty strong it Hamilton, Middletown and parts of Clermont County where a lot of people with Kentucky roots reside. I have family in Northern Kentucky, and I have always believed that the UK loyalty is so strong over there because want it to be clear that they are "true" Kentuckians (the family and people I know in Louisville have a running joke that NKY is not really part of the Commonwealth).

08-28-2014 10:46 AM
indycat Offline
1st String

(08-28-2014 10:30 AM)bearcatlawjd Wrote:  Ohio State isn't even a close second to UC in Cincinnati. They have some support but I believe Kentucky fans outnumber them in the metro area. Everything south of the river is Big Blue country. Once we get north of Middletown, Buckeye support increases. All you have to do is go into Rallyhouse, Champs, Dicks, Lids and the departments stores in the city to figure out what team has the strongest support. Rallyhouse on campus is all Bearcats with some Reds and Bengals gear mixed in. The store in Rookwood is mostly Bearcats, Reds, and Bengals mixed in with small amounts of Ohio State, Xavier, and Kentucky gear. The various stores in Kenwood Mall barely have any Buckeye gear while Kohl's off of Fields Ertel has an even split. If the Buckeyes were the most popular college football team in the city the various retail stores would reflect that. Buckeye gear does increase when you start to move north; however, if the you look at the entire metro area Ohio State isn't a factor in the city of Cincinnati or in Kentucky.

Great observations. It's been exciting to witness UC's emergence as the local brand, especially in the past ten years or so. I believe what the stores stock is what they believe will sell. With that in mind, it's amusing that Rally House in Rookwood (Norwood) had very little X merchandise last time I was there. I do believe UC will remain a secondary brand in Northern Kentucky but much progress has been made over there. Merchandise seems to be available and there are growing numbers of UC alumni and fans inside I-275 in KY. Finally, check the clearance racks in area stores and they're always loaded with OSU gear. I'm guessing the buyers for those stores are slow to respond to consumer purchasing trends but stacks of leftover scarlet and gray must have them seeing red (and black).

08-28-2014 11:05 AM
InspectorHound Offline
1st String

UC up to 54%

08-28-2014 12:43 PM
JackieTreehorn Offline
Heisman

I noticed that UK is running at 3%, and Lousyville at 1%. I realize that this poll is far from scientific, but then neither is gauging interest based on the number of phone calls. Riddle me this: How does a local station like 1530 justify running all the coach's shows and games of UL and UK in the Cincinnati market?

08-28-2014 12:59 PM
Advertisement

subflea Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Free Thinking

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
(08-28-2014 12:59 PM)JackieTreehorn Wrote:  How does a local station like 1530 justify running all the coach's shows and games of UL and UK in the Cincinnati market?

Because they get paid a healthy sum of money from UL and UK to do so.

08-28-2014 01:02 PM
CliftonAve Online
Heisman

(08-28-2014 12:59 PM)JackieTreehorn Wrote:  I noticed that UK is running at 3%, and Lousyville at 1%. I realize that this poll is far from scientific, but then neither is gauging interest based on the number of phone calls. Riddle me this: How does a local station like 1530 justify running all the coach's shows and games of UL and UK in the Cincinnati market?

In Louisville's case they bought the air time.

Despite this poll I still think UK has a lot of fans in the metro area. 90% of them just live across the river. A lot of them call in to the radio station. Seems every other call is from someone from Burlington, Crestview Hills, Florence, Ft. Thomas, etc.

08-28-2014 01:03 PM
RedRocker Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC, UK's foe
They follow UK basketball. UK football barely has a pulse thus the poll numbers.

08-28-2014 01:06 PM
JackieTreehorn Offline
Heisman

(08-28-2014 01:02 PM)subflea Wrote:  
(08-28-2014 12:59 PM)JackieTreehorn Wrote:  How does a local station like 1530 justify running all the coach's shows and games of UL and UK in the Cincinnati market?

Because they get paid a healthy sum of money from UL and UK to do so.
So in other words, the crap local radio stations try to spin about basing what they air on listener interest is BS.

08-28-2014 01:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.