Braxton Miller
Bookmark and Share
subflea Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Free Thinking

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
Braxton Miller
Reinjured his surgically repaired shoulder today. Could be out for the season. Our chances to get a win in Columbus just shot up dramatically.

08-18-2014 08:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BearcatJerry Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
RE: Braxton Miller
Beat me to it...

Though the game in C'bus will still be a tough go...

08-18-2014 08:41 PM
Dannyboy Offline
All American

I Root For: Bearcats
JT Barrett is apparently quite good, but he's obviously no Miller (yet). That tO$U D Line is still their best asset, though. Just incredible.

08-18-2014 08:44 PM
Billy_Bearcat Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
Donators
Be interesting to see what Meyer decides. I'm assuming red shorting would be best for Miller's NFL chances.

08-18-2014 09:04 PM
Cataclysmo Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnat
I was kinda hoping Gunner would be the real deal and he would go into Cbus and upstage Miller...

08-18-2014 09:16 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(08-18-2014 08:27 PM)subflea Wrote:  Reinjured his surgically repaired shoulder today. Could be out for the season. Our chances to get a win in Columbus just shot up dramatically.

word

08-18-2014 09:18 PM
Advertisement

Thebeardedbearcat Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: West Canaan
I have never been overly impressed with Miller. I don't believe this will change the odds. I figure cow state has a more than serviceable backup. More than likely with a better arm

08-18-2014 09:45 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
I will take whatever we can get, although I'm not happy that the kid got hurt....hate to see anybody get hurt. At the end of the day we are all people.

08-18-2014 09:53 PM
Coopdaddy67 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ice cream
If I were teams on OSU's schedule, I'd be far more worried about their DL than QB.

08-18-2014 10:26 PM
MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOL-EDO
Not that I root for anyone to get hurt, but...this couldn't happen to a nicer "fan" base.

08-18-2014 10:30 PM
DJBEARCAT Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Red & Black
You never want to see anyone get hurt. I would love a win in Columbus as much as the next person but even if we pull off a miracle we'll just get the 'We didn't have Braxton' card thrown in our face.

That being said, eff it, being the the first team to beat tO$U in Columbus, in 100 years or whatever would be worth losing every other game this season.

One chance.

08-18-2014 10:37 PM
Advertisement

Mopper Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC
(08-18-2014 09:04 PM)Billy_Bearcat Wrote:  Be interesting to see what Meyer decides. I'm assuming red shorting would be best for Miller's NFL chances.

Miller doesn't have a great chance for the NFL even if he takes a redshirt. If he wants to have a career in the NFL he will have to switch positions.

08-18-2014 10:44 PM
ctipton Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: UC and the Reds

DonatorsDonators
I don't know, and I am certainly not saying he is as good, but Miller reminds me of a right handed Michael Vick. Extremely elusive with a medium arm.

08-18-2014 10:50 PM
Coopdaddy67 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ice cream
(08-18-2014 10:44 PM)Mopper Wrote:  Miller doesn't have a great chance for the NFL even if he takes a redshirt. If he wants to have a career in the NFL he will have to switch positions.

I seem to recall TE being something talked about with him in the past.

08-18-2014 10:57 PM
InspectorHound Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cincinnati
(08-18-2014 10:50 PM)ctipton Wrote:  I don't know, and I am certainly not saying he is as good, but Miller reminds me of a right handed Michael Vick. Extremely elusive with a medium arm.

Michael Vick had a medium arm?

08-18-2014 11:38 PM
Overrated Offline
All American

I Root For: UC
(08-18-2014 11:38 PM)InspectorHound Wrote:  
(08-18-2014 10:50 PM)ctipton Wrote:  I don't know, and I am certainly not saying he is as good, but Miller reminds me of a right handed Michael Vick. Extremely elusive with a medium arm.

Michael Vick had a medium arm?

No idea what ctip is talking about. Vick has one of the strongest arms in the NFL. Not a great decision maker and his accuracy is very inconsistent. But the arm is incredible.

08-18-2014 11:59 PM
Advertisement

Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
(08-18-2014 10:26 PM)Coopdaddy67 Wrote:  If I were teams on OSU's schedule, I'd be far more worried about their DL than QB.

Yes. I've always thought that if we had a chance in Hades to win, it would have to be on the defensive side, where we're holding them to about 21 or 24. The DL is great, but they will have five new starters at OL, a new starting RB and now a new starting QB.

08-19-2014 01:28 AM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
Their backup is Redshirt Freshmen J.T. Barnett. He is a dual threat guy but with a better arm than Miller. His arm is much stronger and he is more accurate. He is not as much a burner as Miller, but he is one of those guys who uses his athleticism to extend plays or take off to move the chains when he has to. I think over time he we will have a better career than Miller. Fortunately we get him pretty early in his career and as noted above they are breaking in five new starters on the OL.

08-19-2014 04:52 AM
mac6115cd Offline
1st String

I Root For: Bearcats
A lot can happen by the time we play them (27 Sept). O$U will have played Navy, VT and Kent State. We'll know if the QB is ready and, more importantly, the quality of their defense.

O$U's weakness last year was the secondary and if they haven't improved will give us the best chance to win regardless of Miller's health.

08-19-2014 07:42 AM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(08-19-2014 07:42 AM)mac6115cd Wrote:  A lot can happen by the time we play them (27 Sept). O$U will have played Navy, VT and Kent State. We'll know if the QB is ready and, more importantly, the quality of their defense.

O$U's weakness last year was the secondary and if they haven't improved will give us the best chance to win regardless of Miller's health.

Just to let everyone know, Kerry Coombs is no longer coaching the seconday (Coombs is now just coaching special teams). Chris Ash, formerly of Arkansas and Wisconsin, is coaching the secondary and is the co-defensive coordinator. The Buckeyes will be unveiling a totally different scheme from last year. I expect the Buckeye secondary to play man to man instead of zone (last year). Also the defense as a whole will be applying alot more pressure in the form of complex blitzes than they did last year.

08-19-2014 07:53 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.