Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Brown and friend robbed store, friend says
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
Brown and friend robbed store, friend says
According to MSNBC, Dorian Johnson - friend of Brown who was shot - is reportedly confirming that they did in fact rob the store, contrary to what many rioters are claiming and working off...

See article here: http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/local/201.../14118769/

Maybe this will help to quiet down the crazies on the streets.
08-15-2014 02:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
RE: Brown and friend robbed store, friend says
It's crazy to say "Oh, he was so innocent" after he just freaking robbed a store and held up the clerk by his throat (or at least, that's what the pics look like to me) to intimidate him. Since when is criminal activity like this okay? Geez.
08-15-2014 02:40 PM
I45owl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls

New Orleans Bowl
(08-15-2014 02:37 PM)Ole Blue Wrote:  Maybe this will help to quiet down the crazies on the streets.

No, the crowd will probably just return to the store and finish off the job. Oh, wait...
08-15-2014 02:48 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
Someone better let Fit know because he says it wasn't.
08-15-2014 03:24 PM
LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

I Root For: The Deplorables
(08-15-2014 02:40 PM)Ole Blue Wrote:  It's crazy to say "Oh, he was so innocent" after he just freaking robbed a store and held up the clerk by his throat (or at least, that's what the pics look like to me) to intimidate him. Since when is criminal activity like this okay? Geez.

Since they'll take whatever fuel they can get to take advantage of Hibbet Sports and Quickie Q-Tip or whatever that store was, and create violence...
08-15-2014 03:32 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
This adds a nice twist to the whole thing.

The agitators won't be deterred. They are just their to screw things up and take advantage. Truth is irrelevant to them.
08-15-2014 03:32 PM
Advertisement

gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2014 03:41 PM by gdunn.)
08-15-2014 03:39 PM
LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

I Root For: The Deplorables
(08-15-2014 03:32 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  This adds a nice twist to the whole thing.

The agitators won't be deterred. They are just their to screw things up and take advantage. Truth is irrelevant to them.

DING DING DING!

They couldn't care less that this guy got killed, it's just something for them to riot about. Shaking the trees.
08-15-2014 03:40 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
It doesn't change what happened when Mike Brown was shot.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
08-15-2014 03:43 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
A cop approached a person suspected of robbery a bit different than he does a person he is merely questioning on the street. It does, in fact, change the circumstances surrounding the altercation significantly.
08-15-2014 03:45 PM
jh Offline
All American

I Root For:
Donators
Continuing their clinic in how not to handle an officer-involved shooting.

Quote:Police on Friday said that Darren Wilson, the officer who shot and killed Michael Brown last weekend, confronted Brown after the teenager was identified as the main suspect in a convenience store robbery that occurred Saturday morning.

However, hours later, authorities said that the robbery was not the reason for the encounter that ended with Brown shot to death on a suburban St. Louis street, suggesting that it was unrelated to the confrontation.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-...ael-brown/
08-15-2014 03:46 PM
Advertisement

gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(08-15-2014 03:43 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  It doesn't change what happened when Mike Brown was shot.

For once I agree with you.. That's the piece of the puzzle I'd like to see.. I don't know if we can get the truth from his friend.. But I'm sure the autopsy can show the cause of death (meaning shot that killed him)..

Rumor, unconfirmed, from the officer and this is from a local that knows the officer--

Officer saw the kids in the street, asked them to move to the sidewalk. Call came over the radio about the merchandise, cop saw it and questioned the kid.. Cop tried to get out of the car and the kid rushed him and knocked him back into the car (the video I posted does show he's aggressive), and reached for the gun and had it. Shot went off as the officer got control.. Brown backs off with his hands up. Began taunting the officer. Officer asked him to get on his knees and lace his fingers behind his head, Brown lowered his hands and began to rush the officer again. Officer shot 3 times. Twice hitting him in the chest and once in the head.

Again this is an unconfirmed rumor by a local that claims to know Wilson.
08-15-2014 03:49 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

Re: RE: Brown and friend robbed store, friend says
(08-15-2014 03:45 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  A cop approached a person suspected of robbery a bit different than he does a person he is merely questioning on the street. It does, in fact, change the circumstances surrounding the altercation significantly.

I agree. Especially if he was told he was armed. Why would they say he was armed?

08-15-2014 03:56 PM
JMUDunk Online
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
(08-15-2014 03:32 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  This adds a nice twist to the whole thing.

Are you listening to these guys right now? Good Grief.

Trying desperately to Fan those flames of resentment and distrust of the cops as best they can. "Charles Mason (sic) and Saddam Hussein were treated better than this young boy". The next guy, more inflamoration. Third guy ditto.
08-15-2014 03:58 PM
pharaoh0 Offline
Triggered by Microaggressions

I Root For: Duke, L'ville
(08-15-2014 03:46 PM)jh Wrote:  Continuing their clinic in how not to handle an officer-involved shooting.

Quote:Police on Friday said that Darren Wilson, the officer who shot and killed Michael Brown last weekend, confronted Brown after the teenager was identified as the main suspect in a convenience store robbery that occurred Saturday morning.

However, hours later, authorities said that the robbery was not the reason for the encounter that ended with Brown shot to death on a suburban St. Louis street, suggesting that it was unrelated to the confrontation.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-...ael-brown/
This is why you don't appease people by releasing info piecemeal... because we wind up with silliness and innuendo in articles by people trying say something that wasn't said.

There is nothing contradictory about the statements. The article (first part) does not say he confronted Brown because of the radio broadcast of the robbery. It says he confronted him after (time period) a radio broadcast was made.

He didn't stop Brown because of that broadcast, but because he was walking down the center of the road.

We do not know if the officer, after encountering Brown, knew he was the suspect announced over the radio...as stated in a previous article.
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2014 04:10 PM by pharaoh0.)
08-15-2014 04:08 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

Fox news reporting that the officer did not know about the robbery. It's on the five right now.

08-15-2014 04:11 PM
Advertisement

Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
(08-15-2014 03:43 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  It doesn't change what happened when Mike Brown was shot.

I won't argue that point...but..It establishes a reason for the initial stop. Everyone up until now is claiming Big Mike was an Angel and the cops had no business bothering him. That is clearly not the case. Just another punk it seems.
08-15-2014 04:17 PM
pharaoh0 Offline
Triggered by Microaggressions

I Root For: Duke, L'ville
(08-15-2014 04:11 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  Fox news reporting that the officer did not know about the robbery. It's on the five right now.

That is not what was said (plus Andrea incorrectly summarized the statement). People need to listen and not hear what they want to hear. On the clip they show, the Chief says, "This robbery does not relate to the initial contact between the officer and Michael Brown". He does not say whether the officer knew about the robbery or whether he later realized Brown matched the description of the suspect.
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2014 04:19 PM by pharaoh0.)
08-15-2014 04:18 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
(08-15-2014 04:11 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  Fox news reporting that the officer did not know about the robbery. It's on the five right now.

I bet they were very aware Big Mike's activities.
08-15-2014 04:20 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

Re: RE: Brown and friend robbed store, friend says
(08-15-2014 04:20 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  

I bet they were very aware Big Mike's activities.

We don't know that.

08-15-2014 04:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.