Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

So tell me again
Bookmark and Share
RodShaw2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
So tell me again
I am sure I will get blasted for this post (that is half the reason I am making it, maybe more)
Why I am supposed to be impressed by what Noland/Sanders have done in the new era?

I know everyone was just super excited to get rid of two of the Stooges, Moe and Larry (they kept Curly) plus the first thing Noland says is he is bringing back football!!
Okay Great.

He hires an AD who has zero experience with football and hasn't actually been working as an AD for while but the hire is only on a short term basis, but no decided to keep him.

Then they hire Phil Fulmer as a consultant (3 month contract) to help hire a new coach and raise money. He used his vast contacts to get us a great up and coming coach.. no he got a guy in his 60's who keeps retiring after a year at a new job because of health reasons. Okay but look at all the money Fulmer has brought it in, for example............................? Well he gave it his best for those 3 months, no wait we kept him on.

They don't seem to know what they are doing, we are going to play club football!! Hmm maybe not.. we don't know.. Hey lets just not talk about it anymore and maybe people will forget we mentioned it.

We are going to build a new football stadium on campus!!! somewhere, sometime not sure about all that but hey it will work out.

He decides he is going to put coaches on notice and they have to perform so he fires the basketball coach, but it was the women's coach and let the men's coach slide with a very similar resume to the women's coach except she had actually had more recent success.

He says we are building the football campus because we need our sports there! Well not men's basketball we will move that to local city dump because it is a basketball arena!! just watch your head for falling ceiling tiles and be careful where you sit the duct tape might not hold.

The Dome is no longer good enough, it is no longer a home court advantage (even though ETSU has won 70%+ games there) Never mind Bartow called the dome an advantage as recently as the 2012 season. Never mind the tradition. Never mind students will not walk over from the dorms without some form of bribery, I am sure they will now get in their cars and drive to Freedom Hall, I mean who likes walk?

I want to get excited, I want them to do well, to lead to ETSU to greatness but I want to see some tangible proof, I have heard lot talk but so far it has all been rhetoric, stop talking and actually do something. Crappy new logo's aren't doing it for me.

I hope I am proved wrong, the domino's all fall into to place, he whips back the curtain with a tada!!

PS. I am also having trouble getting up for the upcoming basketball season, Sorry I do not like Freedom Hall. We are short 3 scholarship players have no height and still missing an assistant coach after playing all of last year down one. I am not sure Bartow is even going though the motions at this point.

Flame away.
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2014 06:03 PM by RodShaw2.)
07-23-2014 05:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

I Root For: ETSU/Mid Majors
RE: So tell me again
1. No longer in the A-Sun
2. Brought in Scott Carter, who is a rising star in athletics.
3. Almost has a PAC built that's taken 25 years to do so.
4. Improved the campus aesthetically.
Things do take time, and I don't necessarily know that Freedom Hall is a long term solution, but the dome's roof had to be fixed so playing home games there wasn't an option.
Sander is a mixed bag to me. He's shot his mouth off too many times to quickly about things. We all know that they don't have a club football schedule, it would've been released. They're not going to play club football for the same reasons we've been saying all along. They can't. He's exactly what the VCU fan said about him. Mixed reviews. We'll deal with him for 3-4 more years and then Carter will get the reigns.
07-23-2014 08:57 PM
Buc66 Offline
All American

I Root For: ETSU Bucs
(07-23-2014 08:57 PM)Buccaneerlover Wrote:  1. No longer in the A-Sun
2. Brought in Scott Carter, who is a rising star in athletics.
3. Almost has a PAC built that's taken 25 years to do so.
4. Improved the campus aesthetically.
Things do take time, and I don't necessarily know that Freedom Hall is a long term solution, but the dome's roof had to be fixed so playing home games there wasn't an option.
Sander is a mixed bag to me. He's shot his mouth off too many times to quickly about things. We all know that they don't have a club football schedule, it would've been released. They're not going to play club football for the same reasons we've been saying all along. They can't. He's exactly what the VCU fan said about him. Mixed reviews. We'll deal with him for 3-4 more years and then Carter will get the reigns.

Well said. Yea, let's stop complaining. ETSU athletics is moving forward again -- and being realistic about it makes sense. Sander keeps pointing out that we're no longer in the A-Sun while pointing out some place else that we should have never left the SoCon in the first place. And, he also said "the SoCon and beyond". I remember the App State people used to argue that if you're not moving forward, then standing still makes you look as if you're moving backwards. It appears to me that ETSU is in the administrative hands of more visionary thinkers and planners these days.
07-24-2014 07:56 AM
BucDoctor Offline
All American

I Root For: UVa, ETSU
Whining like a bunch of UT fans...
07-24-2014 08:31 AM
Advertisement

RodShaw2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(07-24-2014 07:56 AM)Buc66 Wrote:  . It appears to me that ETSU is in the administrative hands of more visionary thinkers and planners these days.

Maybe they can stop thinking and planning and actually do something?
Yeah we are out of the A-Sun and I glad for that but we had to get out because we are playing Football. But the SoCon is not the SoCon we left, it is a watered down version that in sports it shares with the A-Sun is behind in several.

BTW Lover I like #3 ALMOST built a PAC center, well they have ALMOST done a lot of stuff. I think they do have a site picked out for the PAC center, have they had plans drawn up? (probably they are big on drawing up plans) have they taken bids, hired a firm to design it, pushed any dirt around with a bulldozer? Actually raised all the money needed yet? Yeah ALMOST.
(This post was last modified: 07-24-2014 08:56 AM by RodShaw2.)
07-24-2014 08:53 AM
BucDoctor Offline
All American

I Root For: UVa, ETSU
(07-24-2014 08:53 AM)RodShaw2 Wrote:  
(07-24-2014 07:56 AM)Buc66 Wrote:  . It appears to me that ETSU is in the administrative hands of more visionary thinkers and planners these days.

Yeah we are out of the A-Sun and I glad for that but we had to get out because we are playing Football. But the SoCon is not the SoCon we left, it is a watered down version that in sports it shares with the A-Sun is behind in several.

BTW Lover I like #3 ALMOST built a PAC center, well they have ALMOST done a lot of stuff. I think they do have a site picked out for the PAC center, have they had plans drawn up? (probably they are big on drawing up plans) have they taken bids, hired a firm to design it, pushed any dirt around with a bulldozer? Actually raised all the money needed yet? Yeah ALMOST.

With the exception of the matching funds, all the deficiencies you have noted above are controlled by TBR. ETSU administrators have no ability to circumvent state laws and policies, nor should they.
(This post was last modified: 07-24-2014 12:21 PM by BucDoctor.)
07-24-2014 09:36 AM
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

I Root For: ETSU/Mid Majors
(07-24-2014 09:36 AM)BucDoctor Wrote:  
(07-24-2014 08:53 AM)RodShaw2 Wrote:  

With the exception of the matching funds, all the deficiencies you have noted above are controlled by TBR. ETSU administrators have no ability to circumvent state ales and policies, nor should they.

Yep.
07-24-2014 10:32 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.