Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

WM Sports Blog
Bookmark and Share
TribeNiner Offline
1st String

I Root For: Niners/WM/Hoyas
WM Sports Blog
For those who don't know (I stumbled upon it on facebook), there is a W&M Sports Blog.

http://wmsportsblog.com/
07-10-2014 09:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

hktribefan Offline
1st String

I Root For: William & Mary
RE: WM Sports Blog
Are these the old "shade of 48" guys? The page uses the same tag line "because someone has to?" Good find on their new location, I always thought they had pretty good pieces on Tribe athletics.
07-10-2014 09:34 AM
TribeNiner Offline
1st String

(07-10-2014 09:34 AM)hktribefan Wrote:  Are these the old "shade of 48" guys? The page uses the same tag line "because someone has to?" Good find on their new location, I always thought they had pretty good pieces on Tribe athletics.

I'm not sure if it's the same guys, but the pieces I've read, thus far, have been pretty good.
07-10-2014 10:14 AM
62Indian Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: W&M
Thanks for the tip Niner. The Blog postings appear pretty informative; actually, more informative than Jimmys ever is at the QB Club meetings.
07-10-2014 12:51 PM
WMSportsBlog Offline
Special Teams

Hey guys! I just came across this thread about our new website. To answer your questions:

No, we are not the 'Shades of 48 Blog," though we did very much enjoy their work until they stopped posting after the Basketball season ended. It was coincidence that our site headlined, "because someone has to, right?" But to avoid future confusion, I removed that snippet from the top!

My brother and I are current W&M students. I, Davey, am a rising Senior and Kyle is a rising Sophomore.

Thanks for the feedback! We appreciate the support and will definitely be going strong writing articles, tweeting, and 'facebooking' throughout this entire year and beyond. If interested, you can follow us on Facebook and Twitter--the links are on the right side of our main website (and of course the main site is already linked in this thread).

And speaking of Coach Laycock and the QB Club, Kyle and I are also volunteering members of the Tribe Club Sports Ambassadors on campus; we worked several QB Club meetings last year serving food and drinks! If any of you are ever there, definitely make sure to find us and introduce yourselves this year! Go Tribe.
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2014 04:51 PM by WMSportsBlog.)
07-11-2014 04:13 PM
Tribal Offline

We need more students like Davey & Kyle. Thanks, guys.
07-11-2014 04:35 PM
Advertisement

TribeNiner Offline
1st String

(07-11-2014 04:35 PM)Tribal Wrote:  We need more students like Davey & Kyle. Thanks, guys.

Agreed! Thanks to both Davey & Kyle for their dedication to the Tribe. If only we had more like them, we'd be in great position.
07-11-2014 08:30 PM
hktribefan Offline
1st String

Great shoutout on yesterday's post to have people head over here to chat about the Tribe.
08-06-2014 09:05 AM
ttgwm02 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: William and Mar
Blog looks great. Great addition.

More I think about it, better I feel about this year. It looks like we only lost one contributing underclassman (DB Cam Ramirez). And we are loaded with experience everywhere else. Except, of course...at QB.
08-06-2014 02:23 PM
Tribal Offline

(08-06-2014 02:23 PM)ttgwm02 Wrote:  Blog looks great. Great addition.

More I think about it, better I feel about this year. It looks like we only lost one contributing underclassman (DB Cam Ramirez). And we are loaded with experience everywhere else. Except, of course...at QB.

Jordan King contributed on special teams and seem to perform well. I believe he was moved to "RB" at some point last season and maybe decided to move on. Dunn, Hurst, Marshall, Santiago, Ramirez, Reiman, Cohen, A. Goodman, and Pocta are no longer on the roster. Jonathan Dunn seemed to have a lot of potential so I hope the failure to list him is a misprint.
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2014 03:28 PM by Tribal.)
08-06-2014 03:28 PM
WMTribe90 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Tribe
(08-06-2014 03:28 PM)Tribal Wrote:  

Jordan King contributed on special teams and seem to perform well. I believe he was moved to "RB" at some point last season and maybe decided to move on. Dunn, Hurst, Marshall, Santiago, Ramirez, Reiman, Cohen, A. Goodman, and Pocta are no longer on the roster. Jonathan Dunn seemed to have a lot of potential so I hope the failure to list him is a misprint.

Santiago appears in several of the practice photos, so I'm guessing that's a roster mistake. A. Goodman is a medical hardship. He's also in the photos and is a student-assistant helping out with practices.
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2014 03:51 PM by WMTribe90.)
08-06-2014 03:50 PM
Advertisement

Ryuzaki51 Offline
Water Engineer

Anyone know what happened to the Shades of 48 guys?
08-07-2014 12:07 AM
ttgwm02 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: William and Mar
(08-06-2014 03:50 PM)WMTribe90 Wrote:  
(08-06-2014 03:28 PM)Tribal Wrote:  

Santiago appears in several of the practice photos, so I'm guessing that's a roster mistake. A. Goodman is a medical hardship. He's also in the photos and is a student-assistant helping out with practices.

Cohen and Pocta both graduated. King had played 4 positions in 4 years and just never seemed to find a niche - from what I saw. Not sure about Reiman, Marshall and Hurst. We tend to lose a few walk ons each semester.
08-07-2014 09:02 AM
Tribal Offline

Marshall had legal problems so that earned him an early exit.
08-07-2014 10:09 AM
Ryuzaki51 Offline
Water Engineer

(08-07-2014 10:09 AM)Tribal Wrote:  Marshall had legal problems so that earned him an early exit.

That's the understatement of the year. Just a few more weeks and W&M wins the Fulmer Cup because of that guy's drug cartel, it's gotten us a lot of attention on /r/cfb.
08-07-2014 11:36 PM
devyanks90 Offline
All American

I Root For: Old Dominion

Folding@NCAAbbs
(08-07-2014 11:36 PM)Ryuzaki51 Wrote:  
(08-07-2014 10:09 AM)Tribal Wrote:  Marshall had legal problems so that earned him an early exit.

That's the understatement of the year. Just a few more weeks and W&M wins the Fulmer Cup because of that guy's drug cartel, it's gotten us a lot of attention on /r/cfb.

5 Cal Poly players robbed a Frat House last week and also stole away the Cup from you guys with 77 points.

Marshall did get the "THE ELLIS T. JONES III AWARD FOR INDIVIDUAL ACHIEVEMENT™"
08-25-2014 07:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

tribe_pride Offline
1st String

Marshall with 55 points got more points than all but 2 schools (and we are 1 of those 2 schools) - Next most was Devon Thomas of Ok. State with 29 points and Zedric Joseph of Maine with 28 points (both of whom had murder or shooting with attempt to kill in their crimes)

Cal Poly wins with 77 and the Tribe has 57 with Texas A&M at 46 and Maine at 32.
08-25-2014 09:46 PM
mrjoolius Offline
Hall of Famer

Once again, always the bridesmaid....
08-26-2014 02:35 AM
62Indian Offline
Special Teams

(08-26-2014 02:35 AM)mrjoolius Wrote:  Once again, always the bridesmaid....

It ain't fair, I tell you, It ain't fair!!!
08-26-2014 09:10 AM
Tribe Fan Offline
Special Teams

As one person commented....Add Darren Sharper then we win going away...
08-26-2014 09:38 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.