Who has the best Tailgating in the AAC?
Rank them 04-cheers
06-25-2014 11:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ecupirate01 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Lord Above
RE: Who has the best Tailgating in the AAC?
The only tailgate I have be a part of outside of Greenville in our conference is Memphis. Easy parking, lots of space but the atmosphere is ok. Fortunately, I have been to WV, USC, NCSU, UNC (in a freaking parking garage), WF and VT. I would have to say ECU's gameday atmosphere is there with VT. Tailgating is a must if you visit. We have some good tailgating for baseball as well.
06-25-2014 11:55 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville
(06-25-2014 11:55 PM)ecupirate01 Wrote:  The only tailgate I have be a part of outside of Greenville in our conference is Memphis. Easy parking, lots of space but the atmosphere is ok. Fortunately, I have been to WV, USC, NCSU, UNC (in a freaking parking garage), WF and VT. I would have to say ECU's gameday atmosphere is there with VT. Tailgating is a must if you visit. We have some good tailgating for baseball as well.

I have heard that you do and better than Wake Forest, Duke, and North Carolina. 04-cheers
06-25-2014 11:59 PM
MemphisTigerFreak Offline
Fear God, Not Man

I Root For: Memphis
(06-25-2014 11:55 PM)ecupirate01 Wrote:  The only tailgate I have be a part of outside of Greenville in our conference is Memphis. Easy parking, lots of space but the atmosphere is ok. Fortunately, I have been to WV, USC, NCSU, UNC (in a freaking parking garage), WF and VT. I would have to say ECU's gameday atmosphere is there with VT. Tailgating is a must if you visit. We have some good tailgating for baseball as well.

When were you in Memphis? The atmosphere is dramatically better now that we have Tiger Lane.
06-26-2014 01:46 AM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

(06-26-2014 01:46 AM)MemphisTigerFreak Wrote:  

When were you in Memphis? The atmosphere is dramatically better now that we have Tiger Lane.

Any pictures of Tiger Lane? 04-cheers
06-26-2014 01:55 AM
Advertisement

ncbeta Offline
Suffering from trolliosis

I Root For: ECU
Haven't been to the other schools, so I can't give a fair ranking.

Hard to find solid tailgate pics that show just how expansive it is. I'll go to the top of the stadium one game this year and take one.

Here's one that was floating around facebook...I've made a "map" where the gold blob shows this tailgate lot. The purple are other areas where people tailgate.
[Image: ate97tT.jpg]
[Image: D0m3e0U.jpg]

Here's some pics of the Pirates in Charlotte: http://www.pirateradio1250.com/site_htm/...202011.htm
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2014 02:12 AM by ncbeta.)
06-26-2014 02:00 AM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

Looks nice. I hope Louisville and ECU play again. 04-cheers
06-26-2014 02:12 AM
apex_pirate Offline
All American

I Root For: East Carolina
(06-25-2014 11:59 PM)Wilkie01 Wrote:  

I have heard that you do and better than Wake Forest, Duke, and North Carolina. 04-cheers

It is definitely better than those schools and the rest of the ACC sans Clemson and FSU and possibly VT. NCSU has a good environment but still not as good as ECU's IMO. Louisville is new to the ACC but I'd put you up there too. That said, not much in the AAC to compete with in this regard. UCF's is decent but confined. Overall tailgate has a ways to go. I wish people judged us on this stuff but they don't...so it doesn't mean squat unfortunately.
06-26-2014 06:08 AM
ncbeta Offline
Suffering from trolliosis

(06-26-2014 06:08 AM)apex_pirate Wrote:  
(06-25-2014 11:59 PM)Wilkie01 Wrote:  

It is definitely better than those schools and the rest of the ACC sans Clemson and FSU and possibly VT. NCSU has a good environment but still not as good as ECU's IMO. Louisville is new to the ACC but I'd put you up there too. That said, not much in the AAC to compete with in this regard. UCF's is decent but confined. Overall tailgate has a ways to go. I wish people judged us on this stuff but they don't...so it doesn't mean squat unfortunately.

Smu too
06-26-2014 07:04 AM
Advertisement

b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

Obviously never been there but I know I've heard SMU has tremendous tailgating.
06-26-2014 07:11 AM
tigerjeb Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

CrappiesDonatorsMemphis Hall of Fame
(06-26-2014 01:55 AM)Wilkie01 Wrote:  
(06-26-2014 01:46 AM)MemphisTigerFreak Wrote:  [quote='ecupirate01' pid='10861894' dateline='1403758533']
The only tailgate I have be a part of outside of Greenville in our conference is Memphis. Easy parking, lots of space but the atmosphere is ok. Fortunately, I have been to WV, USC, NCSU, UNC (in a freaking parking garage), WF and VT. I would have to say ECU's gameday atmosphere is there with VT. Tailgating is a must if you visit. We have some good tailgating for baseball as well.

[Image: CS3_2384-thumb600x450.JPG]

[Image: FB_TigerLane_Gallery-6.jpg]

[Image: 353688_display.jpg]
06-26-2014 07:13 AM
bignow Offline
1st String

I Root For:
UCF/ECU are at the top. SMU is nice but it's like watching a bunch of 55 year old hyper-preppy frat guys try to relive the glory, very tame.
I bet Tulane jumps to the top once they get their OCS.
06-26-2014 07:59 AM
TripleA Offline
Legend

Memphis Hall of Fame
I don't know how anyone can rank them unless they actually tailgated at every school recently.

I do know Memphis' tailgating experience is sweet, since we built Tiger Lane. Completely changed the whole deal for the better, $15M+ for the facilities and amenities, and even more in atmosphere.
06-26-2014 08:13 AM
Advertisement

apex_pirate Offline
All American

I Root For: East Carolina
(06-26-2014 07:13 AM)tigerjeb Wrote:  
(06-26-2014 01:55 AM)Wilkie01 Wrote:  
(06-26-2014 01:46 AM)MemphisTigerFreak Wrote:  [quote='ecupirate01' pid='10861894' dateline='1403758533']

[Image: CS3_2384-thumb600x450.JPG]

[Image: FB_TigerLane_Gallery-6.jpg]

[Image: 353688_display.jpg]

I do love the way that parking lot is laid out...having one lane of grass and another lane with just a walk inbetween. They should repeat that all around the stadium (I know that is not possible) as it is an awesome layout for either the concrete or grass tailgating fan.
06-26-2014 08:38 AM
tigerjeb Offline
Legend

CrappiesDonatorsMemphis Hall of Fame
Every tiger lane space comes with electrical hook ups btw
06-26-2014 08:46 AM
ENCPir87769 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: ECU & AAC
VERY IMPRESSIVE, Memphis! I am digging the layout! And the electrical hookup(s) are a great idea! I will definitely make the trip for an ECU @ Memphis game!
06-26-2014 08:53 AM
TexanMark Online
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
Surprised no one mentioned UConn. Very good tailgating there. The Aero Club "hands down" is the best spot for visiting fans to congregate. Might be the best spot in the AAC.

Memphis and ECU are also very good for tailgating. SMU I heard is good too but more glitz than substance. Tulane should be awesome but I think it won't be for the average fan due to land restrictions.
06-26-2014 02:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.