Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

nba draft
stever20 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Sports
nba draft
Saw this which I love...
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-bask...commentary

Really like how Adam Silver just seems to get it. maybe more than any other commish in sports today.
06-24-2014 09:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
RE: nba draft
So far the biggest developments are: Embiid getting hurt and thus throwing a wrench into the lottery. And Dario Saric deciding to stay in Europe for at least another two seasons.
06-25-2014 05:10 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
As for who I'd like to see the Thunder select (they have the 21st and 29th picks):
Adreian Payne: We desperately need a stretch 4 to open things up and his size and shooting fir the bill. He also played under Tom Izzo which means he has a high basketball IQ, and we all know how that's worked out for the Warriors and Draymond Green.

Kyle Anderson: Not athletic and not a great shooter, but great size with great mobility and ballhandling skills for that size. IMO Boris Diaw was the real MVP of the WCF and the Finals, and I think Kyle Anderson can pose those same matchup problems.

Rodney Hood: His size and scoring ability are both good fits for a Thunder bench that could use some punch.

Dario Saric: Obviously I've never seen him play, but he's supposedly an extremely cerebral player, with good size and an ability to create interesting mismatches as a part of a variety of lineups.
06-25-2014 05:15 PM
nbcards Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: NIU
(06-25-2014 05:15 PM)flyingswoosh Wrote:  As for who I'd like to see the Thunder select (they have the 21st and 29th picks):
Adreian Payne: We desperately need a stretch 4 to open things up and his size and shooting fir the bill. He also played under Tom Izzo which means he has a high basketball IQ, and we all know how that's worked out for the Warriors and Draymond Green.

Kyle Anderson: Not athletic and not a great shooter, but great size with great mobility and ballhandling skills for that size. IMO Boris Diaw was the real MVP of the WCF and the Finals, and I think Kyle Anderson can pose those same matchup problems.

Rodney Hood: His size and scoring ability are both good fits for a Thunder bench that could use some punch.

Dario Saric: Obviously I've never seen him play, but he's supposedly an extremely cerebral player, with good size and an ability to create interesting mismatches as a part of a variety of lineups.

Not trying to ruin your parade but I think Payne, Hood, and Saric will all be gone by 21.
06-26-2014 09:09 AM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
Embiid might be available. A lot of teams could be scared off by his recent injuries.
06-26-2014 10:03 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
stever20 Offline
Legend

(06-26-2014 10:03 AM)bitcruncher Wrote:  Embiid might be available. A lot of teams could be scared off by his recent injuries.

doubt it- at some point- he's going to get too good to pass up, even with the injuries....
06-26-2014 10:10 AM
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

Note the key word MIGHT.
06-26-2014 11:24 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
stever20 Offline
Legend

in the 3 mock drafts on CBS- they have him going no later than #7. ESPN has him going #5. So- he's not even going to be getting out of the top half of the lottery- let alone getting down to 21.
06-26-2014 11:31 AM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I remember all kinds of mock drafts being wrong about one player or another. You have to remember, they're trying to predict the thought processes of numerous people. That's like trying to predict who's going to get killed by which volcano, years before the volcano erupts. A person's thought process is often difficult to pin down, even when you know the people very well. They may not value what you think they do.

I do tend to think he'll be gone by then. But you just never know until after the fact.
06-26-2014 11:35 AM
stever20 Offline
Legend

one thing to remember- 2 of the teams that have mock drafts taking him- Boston and Orlando- also have 2nd 1st rd picks before OKC at 21. Also would start to see some teams with picks in the 20's maybe starting to try to trade up to pick him up...

Guess for me bottom line- a guy like him- who many had going #1- isn't going to drop all that far despite the injury. It'd be stunning to see him going at 10 even.
06-26-2014 12:31 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
(06-26-2014 09:09 AM)nbcards Wrote:  
(06-25-2014 05:15 PM)flyingswoosh Wrote:  As for who I'd like to see the Thunder select (they have the 21st and 29th picks):

Not trying to ruin your parade but I think Payne, Hood, and Saric will all be gone by 21.

I think you're probably right, although of those 3 Saric is the one most likely to be available. Most teams in the top 20 will not want to select a draft and stash player with so many quality players available.

Also, I could see the Thunder trading up to around 16 or 17
06-26-2014 02:11 PM
Advertisement

nbcards Offline
Special Teams

(06-26-2014 02:11 PM)flyingswoosh Wrote:  

I think you're probably right, although of those 3 Saric is the one most likely to be available. Most teams in the top 20 will not want to select a draft and stash player with so many quality players available.

I agree that Saric is the most likely to fall, I am very interested to see what the Chicago Bulls do and see if they keep both picks then they might draft and stash Saric like Mirotic or trade both picks to move up and get Staukas or Harris
06-26-2014 05:03 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
(06-26-2014 05:03 PM)nbcards Wrote:  

I agree that Saric is the most likely to fall, I am very interested to see what the Chicago Bulls do and see if they keep both picks then they might draft and stash Saric like Mirotic or trade both picks to move up and get Staukas or Harris

Obviously the Bulls could desperately use a guy like Stauskas. Year after year their shooting woes make that offense painful to watch. If it hadn't been for Noah and his incredible passing ability, they wouldn't have even had an offense.
06-26-2014 05:15 PM
nbcards Offline
Special Teams

(06-26-2014 05:15 PM)flyingswoosh Wrote:  
(06-26-2014 05:03 PM)nbcards Wrote:  

Obviously the Bulls could desperately use a guy like Stauskas. Year after year their shooting woes make that offense painful to watch. If it hadn't been for Noah and his incredible passing ability, they wouldn't have even had an offense.

Yea it has been frustrating as a Bulls fan watching us play great defense but lose because they can't score 80 points.
06-26-2014 06:10 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I pity Andrew Wiggins, going to Cleveland. There's a franchise that's a black hole for the talented.
06-26-2014 06:45 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
Saric goes to the Magic at #12. I'm surprised the Magic, a team that's been rebuilding ever since Howard left, would go the draft-and-stash route
06-26-2014 07:54 PM
Advertisement

All Dukes_All Day Offline
All American

I Root For: JMU, Pitt
(06-26-2014 07:54 PM)flyingswoosh Wrote:  Saric goes to the Magic at #12. I'm surprised the Magic, a team that's been rebuilding ever since Howard left, would go the draft-and-stash route

They sent him over to Philly to draft and stash and got that guard from UL-Lafayette instead.

I think both the Magic and Cavs may be closer to competing in the East than many give them credit for.
06-26-2014 11:48 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
(06-26-2014 11:48 PM)All Dukes_All Day Wrote:  
(06-26-2014 07:54 PM)flyingswoosh Wrote:  Saric goes to the Magic at #12. I'm surprised the Magic, a team that's been rebuilding ever since Howard left, would go the draft-and-stash route

They sent him over to Philly to draft and stash and got that guard from UL-Lafayette instead.

I think both the Magic and Cavs may be closer to competing in the East than many give them credit for.

well now they are. I disliked the Saric pick, but Payton is far more useful to a team that is in desperate need of a PG. Now they need some development from Harkless, Harris and Nicholson. Don't forget, they lost Afflalo who was by far their best offensive player (at least of the perimeter variety)
06-27-2014 12:25 AM
stever20 Offline
Legend

(06-24-2014 09:02 PM)stever20 Wrote:  Saw this which I love...

Really like how Adam Silver just seems to get it. maybe more than any other commish in sports today.

going back to the original post- the way this was done was just outstanding. Like I said- Silver just seems to get it more than any of the other commish's.

and love the tweet from Kevin Durant:
Adam silver is such a classy man! That's love right there. I'm emotional for him. Damn I love that

- Kevin Durant (@KDTrey5) June 27, 2014

Now- could you imagine ANY NFL player tweeting that about Roger Goodell? MLB player about Bud Selig? I sure can't.
06-27-2014 08:18 AM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
(06-27-2014 08:18 AM)stever20 Wrote:  
(06-24-2014 09:02 PM)stever20 Wrote:  Saw this which I love...

going back to the original post- the way this was done was just outstanding. Like I said- Silver just seems to get it more than any of the other commish's.

and love the tweet from Kevin Durant:
Adam silver is such a classy man! That's love right there. I'm emotional for him. Damn I love that

- Kevin Durant (@KDTrey5) June 27, 2014

Now- could you imagine ANY NFL player tweeting that about Roger Goodell? MLB player about Bud Selig? I sure can't.

Roger Goodell = Emperor Palatine
Bud Selig = your adorable 90 year old grandpa
06-27-2014 01:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.