Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Homosexuals like Alcoholics
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
Homosexuals like Alcoholics
03-lmfao 03-lmfao

So says Rick Perry. You know, I'm starting to like this guy.

Quote:Texas Gov. Rick Perry ® compared homosexuality to alcoholism Wednesday, arguing that both can be overcome.

"Whether or not you feel compelled to follow a particular lifestyle or not, you have the ability to decide not to do that," Perry said during an appearance at the Commonwealth Club of California, according to the San Francisco Chronicle newspaper. "I may have the genetic coding that I'm inclined to be an alcoholic, but I have the desire not to do that, and I look at the homosexual issue the same way."

That statement is SO true.

What the Nation needs is Homo's Anonymous
06-12-2014 06:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
RE: Homosexuals like Alcoholics
I personally agree with him.

I'm convinced the homosexual is predisposed genetically to be gay and then is raised in a way that plays to that predisposition.
06-12-2014 06:41 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
I don't know or care if he is correct or not. I will say though that comments like his do NOTHING to help the GOP. He would be better off to keep his fcking mouth shut. If the GOP is going to win in 16?...they will need to do more than pander to their base. Comments like this do nothing to help draw independent voters to the fold. Looks to me like we are going to see the same schit being tried again. Look for the same results.
06-12-2014 10:27 PM
JDTulane Offline
Sazeracs and Retirement

I Root For: Peace
Le sigh. I can tell an alcoholic by brain scans. The gays? Not so much. One is a disease, one is not.
06-12-2014 10:43 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
(06-12-2014 10:43 PM)JDTulane Wrote:  Le sigh. I can tell an alcoholic by brain scans. The gays? Not so much. One is a disease, one is not.

Is pedophilia a disease? Those accused of it get treatment to at least try to turn them around.
06-12-2014 10:51 PM
JDTulane Offline
Sazeracs and Retirement

(06-12-2014 10:51 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  
(06-12-2014 10:43 PM)JDTulane Wrote:  Le sigh. I can tell an alcoholic by brain scans. The gays? Not so much. One is a disease, one is not.

Is pedophilia a disease? Those accused of it get treatment to at least try to turn them around.

In the DSM pedophilia is listed as a mental disorder.
06-12-2014 10:57 PM
Advertisement

Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
(06-12-2014 06:19 PM)THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:  03-lmfao 03-lmfao

Quote:Texas Gov. Rick Perry ® compared homosexuality to alcoholism Wednesday, arguing that both can be overcome.

"Whether or not you feel compelled to follow a particular lifestyle or not, you have the ability to decide not to do that," Perry said during an appearance at the Commonwealth Club of California, according to the San Francisco Chronicle newspaper. "I may have the genetic coding that I'm inclined to be an alcoholic, but I have the desire not to do that, and I look at the homosexual issue the same way."

You can't decide who you are attracted too. Attraction is like an instinct and not learned behavior.

I have always been attracted to females ever since I saw Cathi Joe Wolfe in the second grade.

No one taught me how to feel about that girl. It was just instinct.

On the other hand. I had to learn how to enjoy drinking. Alcohol tasted horrible to me and I only drank it because of peer pressure. Over the years, I learned to like drinking beer.

Rick Perry made a terrible comparison.
06-12-2014 11:04 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
And as such is only Rick Perrys opinion. It doesn't make it a Republican thought. I have an opinion too, everyone has an opinion that's why we squabble so much here.
06-12-2014 11:07 PM
maximus Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
Re: RE: Homosexuals like Alcoholics
(06-12-2014 11:04 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  

You can't decide who you are attracted too. Attraction is like an instinct and not learned behavior.

I have always been attracted to females ever since I saw Cathi Joe Wolfe in the second grade.

On the other hand. I had to learn how to enjoy drinking. Alcohol tasted horrible to me and I only drank it because of peer pressure. Over the years, I learned to like drinking beer.

Alcohol only tastes bad to puss!es on the first try.

Pull the string between your legs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
06-12-2014 11:08 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
(06-12-2014 11:08 PM)maximus Wrote:  

Only alcoholics like the taste of alcohol on the first try.

03-lmfao03-lmfao
06-12-2014 11:12 PM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
(06-12-2014 11:12 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  
(06-12-2014 11:08 PM)maximus Wrote:  

Only alcoholics like the taste of alcohol on the first try.

03-lmfao03-lmfao

ayoooooooo

Well played sir 04-cheers
06-12-2014 11:13 PM
Advertisement

JDTulane Offline
Sazeracs and Retirement

I mixed OJ with my first beer to mask the taste. It gave me the shi ts too. Oh elementary school. My big sis was a bad influence
06-12-2014 11:15 PM
EverRespect Online
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
Re: RE: Homosexuals like Alcoholics
(06-12-2014 11:07 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  And as such is only Rick Perrys opinion. It doesn't make it a Republican thought. I have an opinion too, everyone has an opinion that's why we squabble so much here.

Yep. I disagree with Perry's genetic predisposition hypothesis. Anyone ever known a prepubescent homosexual? I havent. Even my gay little brother got shy and smitten talking about the pretty girls in his elementary school. It is all about sex, attention, and acceptance IMO.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
06-13-2014 05:47 AM
Old Dominion Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion

His statement is true on it's face, but it presumes homosexuals see anything wrong with themselves, which they do not, only homophobes and religous right do. You can just as easily make the same argument in reverse. A heterosexual can make the choice not to have sex with a woman, only other men.
Something else......the only difference between straights and gays is their choice off sex partners. There is no such thing as a gay "lifestyle". anymore than there is a straight lifestyle.
Homophobes tend to make the sex act the totallity of what gays are. Who a person chooses to have sex with is a small % of what makes up that person. People, all people,are far more than just their sex life. How would you like to be defined as a person solely on the basis of your sexual identification?
06-13-2014 06:08 AM
EverRespect Online
Free Kaplony

(06-13-2014 06:08 AM)Old Dominion Wrote:  

His statement is true on it's face, but it presumes homosexuals see anything wrong with themselves, which they do not, only homophobes and religous right do. You can just as easily make the same argument in reverse. A heterosexual can make the choice not to have sex with a woman, only other men.
Something else......the only difference between straights and gays is their choice off sex partners. There is no such thing as a gay "lifestyle". anymore than there is a straight lifestyle.
Homophobes tend to make the sex act the totallity of what gays are. Who a person chooses to have sex with is a small % of what makes up that person. People, all people,are far more than just their sex life. How would you like to be defined as a person solely on the basis of your sexual identification?

False, it is the gays themselves that make it the totality of who they are. They are the ones making the public announcements and organizing celebrations.
06-13-2014 06:59 AM
Old Dominion Offline
Heisman

(06-12-2014 11:07 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  And as such is only Rick Perrys opinion. It doesn't make it a Republican thought. I have an opinion too, everyone has an opinion that's why we squabble so much here.

You are probably right. Problem is he's high profile and because the repubs have a history of making statements like this, many moderates and people on the fence may believe he is representative of most repubs.
I can easily dismiss a dumb comment from one repub, but there is a cumulative effect. If enough repubs make unimformed, biased comments, eventually I start to think most repubs agree and are like minded. That is why it's important for REPUBS to denounce nonsense, otherwise it's guilt by association.
06-13-2014 07:21 AM
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest

So you don't understand what analogies are.
06-13-2014 07:32 AM
Old Dominion Offline
Heisman

(06-13-2014 05:47 AM)EverRespect Wrote:  

Yep. I disagree with Perry's genetic predisposition hypothesis. Anyone ever known a prepubescent homosexual? I havent. Even my gay little brother got shy and smitten talking about the pretty girls in his elementary school. It is all about sex, attention, and acceptance IMO.

We've all known gay prepubescents. We just do not recognize them. Because they are prepubescent their sex drive has not started. Your actually making my point . Most gays are unrecognizable outside of their sexual preferences. You have worked, played, prayed, and had gay neighbors, you just didn't know it.
06-13-2014 07:40 AM
EverRespect Online
Free Kaplony

(06-13-2014 07:40 AM)Old Dominion Wrote:  
(06-13-2014 05:47 AM)EverRespect Wrote:  

We've all known gay prepubescents. We just do not recognize them. Because they are prepubescent their sex drive has not started. Your actually making my point . Most gays are unrecognizable outside of their sexual preferences. You have worked, played, prayed, and had gay neighbors, you just didn't know it.

Depends on your definition of "gay" I guess.
06-13-2014 07:48 AM
AngryAphid Offline
Arthropod of Truth

I Root For: Braves
The difference between alcoholics and homosexuals is..
One likes a shot and chaser, the other likes a chaser and a shot.

The similarity is Harvey Wallbanger.
06-13-2014 07:51 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.