Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Just saying
Bookmark and Share
Dukester Offline

I Root For: JMU
Just saying
You can't plan when opportunity will happen.

But you certainly can watch it walk by(with other Universities) when you're not prepared for it and are indecisive.

Click - there goes another year.

To say I'm disappointed would not be an overstatement.

It is what it is. Life goes on.........
05-31-2014 07:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JMU2004 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: DUKES
RE: Just saying
(05-31-2014 07:51 AM)Dukester Wrote:  You can't plan when opportunity will happen.

But you certainly can watch it walk by(with other Universities) when you're not prepared for it and are indecisive.

Click - there goes another year.

To say I'm disappointed would not be an overstatement.

It is what it is. Life goes on.........

Disappointment is where JMU shines.
05-31-2014 08:21 AM
jmu-fan-1981 Offline
1st String

Just saying
Brighten the lights... Of... [insert Ex-CAA members]
05-31-2014 08:22 AM
atljmualum Offline
All American

Just saying
Completely agree, Dukester. Could not be more disappointed in how things have played out with JMU athletics over the past several years. Our admin and leaders (if you can call them that) really **** the bed.

Dream big, act small.
05-31-2014 08:33 AM
BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

There are very few leaders anywhere. We have created this society of do little, keep mouth shut and go far mentality that the leaders are forced to the bottom of the pyramid. Just look right here with these message boards. A leader should never hide behind a fictitious name.
05-31-2014 08:49 AM
olddawg Offline
Hall of Famer

I certainly wasn't expecting anything to shake out our way by June 1. Today for me is just another painful reminder of how dim the tail lights from ODU, Appy & Georgia Southern are getting. We'll probably move eventually. The question for me is how much of my once unbridled enthusiasm will be left by then?
05-31-2014 09:55 AM
Advertisement

jmad1son Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: James Madison
I am more disgusted rather than disappointed. The lack of JMU's leadership re conference affiliation has been pathetic on all accounts. I especially hold Borne, King, Alger, and the BoVs accountable in how this has been handled, or not handled. They were hired or appointed to lead, so for pete sake, lead or step down.

05-mafia
05-31-2014 10:05 AM
DolleyMadison Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU Dukes
What is more painful than schools like App State & GA Southern passing us is schools like ODU, UNC-Charlotte and UT-San Antonio. All three schools didn't have football 5 years ago and all three show signs of great support from their fans, success on the field, and potential to be successful non-BCS programs. And yea, yea, yea...they are big schools in big cities...blah, blah, blah...excuses.
05-31-2014 10:20 AM
olddawg Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-31-2014 10:20 AM)DolleyMadison Wrote:  What is more painful than schools like App State & GA Southern passing us is schools like ODU, UNC-Charlotte and UT-San Antonio. All three schools didn't have football 5 years ago and all three show signs of great support from their fans, success on the field, and potential to be successful non-BCS programs. And yea, yea, yea...they are big schools in big cities...blah, blah, blah...excuses.

Add in Georgia State and South Alabama to that group too (at least as far as direct move ups).03-puke
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2014 10:29 AM by olddawg.)
05-31-2014 10:26 AM
BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

Living here in Charlotte, and three miles from UNCC, I witnessed first hand how their "football" movement took place. The media was involved every step of the way. The students were consulted, the alumni involved and the community. Almost daily there was some new report out on where the program stood. But the overwhelming factor was that their president was pushing for it.

I simply cannot believe that if we had a president who wanted it, it would have happened long ago. Tell me again why we let Uncle Ron retire.

I often wonder if he didn't step on so many toes that they said "never again".
05-31-2014 11:02 AM
DoubleDDuke Offline
Heisman

It's been said on these boards a thousand times but the fact is we've got a guy at the wheel who says "I'm gonna gun it" with his "Dream Big" **** and then drives under the speed limit. He can't get **** done. Plain and simple. No balls.
05-31-2014 12:17 PM
Advertisement

DoubleDDuke Offline
Heisman

BTW, I've seen many people say "The administration reads these boards". That's no surprise at all. How could they not? Question is, how could the administrators of the MAC and CUSA not read these boards and realize there's 8 million posts on conference affiliation? Why would they not want JMU besides equal divisions and possibly payouts on things like bowl games? Other than that, they have to be asleep at the wheel if they haven't made an offer. And please, don't tell me about markets. That means nothing.
05-31-2014 01:06 PM
JMU_Newbill Offline
All American

I Root For: JMU & Whoever Plays VT
Just saying
Alger is speaking briefly at the beginning of a wind energy conference at JMU I'm attending on Tuesday. Anyone dare me to stand up in the middle of his speech and ask about conference affiliation?
05-31-2014 01:26 PM
JMU85 Offline
All American

I Root For: The Dukes of JMU
(05-31-2014 01:26 PM)JMU_Newbill Wrote:  Alger is speaking briefly at the beginning of a wind energy conference at JMU I'm attending on Tuesday. Anyone dare me to stand up in the middle of his speech and ask about conference affiliation?

That would cause him to speak about 2 failures in the same setting.
05-31-2014 02:43 PM
Cyniclone Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ODU
(05-31-2014 01:26 PM)JMU_Newbill Wrote:  Alger is speaking briefly at the beginning of a wind energy conference at JMU I'm attending on Tuesday. Anyone dare me to stand up in the middle of his speech and ask about conference affiliation?

Bonus points if you can phrase it in the context of the topic

You've spoken about wind energy. How is JMU harnessing the power produced by the winds of change caused by conference realignment?
05-31-2014 03:13 PM
bridgeforthduke Offline
All American

It is kinda ironic that JMU is holding MAC 2014 today (Madison Alumni Conference) and it features Alger talking about our strategic plan.
05-31-2014 03:41 PM
Advertisement

atljmualum Offline
All American

Just saying
(05-31-2014 03:41 PM)bridgeforthduke Wrote:  It is kinda ironic that JMU is holding MAC 2014 today (Madison Alumni Conference) and it features Alger talking about our strategic plan.

Yea...Wtf were they thinking when they chose that slogan/acronym given all of the noise around conference realignment and the MAC?
05-31-2014 03:49 PM
JMU_Newbill Offline
All American

I Root For: JMU & Whoever Plays VT
Just saying
(05-31-2014 03:13 PM)Cyniclone Wrote:  

Bonus points if you can phrase it in the context of the topic

You've spoken about wind energy. How is JMU harnessing the power produced by the winds of change caused by conference realignment?

Love this. I'll run it by my boss. Interestingly enough, my boss is a Georgia Tech grad. He loved/hated Lee.
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2014 10:13 PM by JMU_Newbill.)
05-31-2014 10:12 PM
JMUSuperfan2000 Offline
Special Teams

If you can work in something about blustery hot air while questioning about wind, you get even more bonus points.
05-31-2014 11:20 PM
DoubleDDuke Offline
Heisman

Why the hell not?
06-01-2014 11:26 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.