Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

SoCon raises exit fee
Bookmark and Share
The Cats Offline
2nd String

I Root For: WCU
SoCon raises exit fee
Just in case you didn't hear.

At this year's spring meeting, the league’s presidents and chancellors agreed to raise the conference’s exit fee to $1 million, while the fee for providing less than one-year’s notice will now move to $1.25 million.

http://www.soconsports.com/ViewArticle.d...EM_ID=4000
05-30-2014 04:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

etsubuc Offline
All American

I Root For: ETSU
RE: SoCon raises exit fee
I think this might be a problem for us. Sander has said that when all the dust settles from the NCAA movement, we want to be in the second tier. I am not sure that the Southern Conference will be in that second tier, and I don't think we will have $1 million to get out of the conference if needed.
05-30-2014 05:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Buc66 Online
All American

I Root For: ETSU Bucs
(05-30-2014 05:35 PM)etsubuc Wrote:  I think this might be a problem for us. Sander has said that when all the dust settles from the NCAA movement, we want to be in the second tier. I am not sure that the Southern Conference will be in that second tier, and I don't think we will have $1 million to get out of the conference if needed.

The second tier will be those next level of schools below the P5 group. Presently, that would be the remaining FBS schools.
05-30-2014 08:01 PM
Advertisement

etsubuc Offline
All American

I Root For: ETSU
Which costs us $700,000 more to get to that level now than it did before.
05-30-2014 08:07 PM
silence dogood Offline
2nd String

I Root For: bucs
food for thought - if etsu would not have the $1 million exit fee, then it really cannot afford to move up.

(05-30-2014 08:01 PM)Buc66 Wrote:  
(05-30-2014 05:35 PM)etsubuc Wrote:  I think this might be a problem for us. Sander has said that when all the dust settles from the NCAA movement, we want to be in the second tier. I am not sure that the Southern Conference will be in that second tier, and I don't think we will have $1 million to get out of the conference if needed.

The second tier will be those next level of schools below the P5 group. Presently, that would be the remaining FBS schools.
06-10-2014 10:02 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.